Sign in to follow this  
Hyper14

iniBuilds A300-600 has been released! (reopened)

Now something like this is great to learn more about the plane and operating it:

https://nl.flightsim.to/file/66539/a300-full-sop-checklist

• Like 1

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

So they supposedly fixed "pause" bug in patch. I just pressed ESC for 1 min, came back, resumed flight and A300 plummeted down on it's own. Disponing... 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

So they supposedly fixed "pause" bug in patch. I just pressed ESC for 1 min, came back, resumed flight and A300 plummeted down on it's own. Disponing... 

Report it to them in their forum because doing so here accomplishes nothing.

• Like 1

Eric 

Flew a 6.5 hour KMEM-PANC leg today, this time heavily loaded with a TOGW of 363,000 lbs (165 MT) at brake release.

Instead of flying the programmed profile climb, I flew the climb at 300KIAS/M0.78 per an old AOM, and the A300 eeked its way up to FL300...climb was still a bit anemic but not egregiously so.  I think the 325 knot profile programmed into the FMS may be part of the climb performance issue I reported previously.

Tried accelerated flight--2X was slightly unstable but manageable, 4X was a wild ride that was destined for an unhappy ending so I went back to 1X.  Accelerated flight did not alter the fuel burn rate, which continued at the 1X rate despite the sim being in 2x/4x accelerated flight mode.

The panel won't allow changing the fuel load once engines are running, so using Quantum Leap to skip ahead inflight wasn't an option.

Tried the sound settings mentioned up-thread here...maybe a little better but the wonky volume/mixing control still makes the sound system pretty underwhelming.  In five decades of flying, I've never once seen an airplane that gets dramatically quieter when the power is pushed up for takeoff, or which gets dramatically louder when you pull power back to descend.  Engine noise should not disappear at altitude, either...broad spectrum airstream noise becomes louder and dominates, but the muffled roar of the engines should still be in there.

I paused the sim both using the ESC key and the active pause without issue.  Also did a couple direct-to entries, also without issue. 

• Like 5

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

49 minutes ago, Bob Scott said:

I paused the sim both using the ESC key and the active pause without issue.  Also did a couple direct-to entries, also without issue. 

It works if you paused for few seconds. I had a phone call so I paused for about 1 minute. When I unpaused A300 fell out of control

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

Report it to them in their forum because doing so here accomplishes nothing.

Why you assumed I didn't? 

3 hours ago, Bob Scott said:

Accelerated flight did not alter the fuel burn rate, which continued at the 1X rate despite the sim being in 2x/4x accelerated flight mode.

I saw this noted on the Inibuilds forum and their response was that they don’t support time acceleration because with the CFD model they use it doesn’t work well.  Not good news for me as I regularly use time acceleration to get flights in.

Like you, I’ve been able to get pretty stable flight at 2x acceleration, didn’t try 4x.

I dare say figuring out how to get their aircraft to play well with time acceleration will be critical on something like the A350…at least having fuel consumption change would be a start.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

11 hours ago, Bob Scott said:

Tried accelerated flight--2X was slightly unstable but manageable, 4X was a wild ride that was destined for an unhappy ending so I went back to 1X. 

Actually 4x works. It will oscillate continously between +1000 and -1000 FPM, but it will stay within these limits and the AP will therefore not disconnect. At least that was my experience.

12 hours ago, Bob Scott said:

4X was a wild ride that was destined for an unhappy ending so I went back to 1X. 

Oh, that's bad for my typical usage ☹️

12 hours ago, Bob Scott said:

The panel won't allow changing the fuel load once engines are running, so using Quantum Leap to skip ahead inflight wasn't an option.

That's not only worse, but also strange: if I remember well, the A310 could do that using the EFB (but I had to obtain the post-leap quantity from the OFP, not the MCDU). I can't check right now, my A310 is grounded because of the blank screen issues.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

27 minutes ago, Luis Hernandez said:

That's not only worse, but also strange: if I remember well, the A310 could do that using the EFB (but I had to obtain the post-leap quantity from the OFP, not the MCDU). I can't check right now, my A310 is grounded because of the blank screen issues.

Hi Luis,

I was having the same blank screen issues with the A310. The workaround until MSFS pushes a fix from IniBuilds is to load the sim and set the sim date before 12/24/2023. I set the date to 12/22 load the A310 at the departure airport and then change the date back to whatever the current date is. The A310 will now load its systems normally.

Regards,

Scott

• Like 2

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

2 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Read what I wrote above your post, it's not beautiful, but it works.

• Upvote 1

Curious about the VNAV & speed management capabilities.

If you bring a flight plan through from Simbrief do you have to add SIDS & STARS via the FMC?

& can you also enter VNAV data in the FMC & the 600 will follow the altitudes fed in?

Also, can speed settings at VNAV data points be entered via the FMC & the aircraft will follow those too, if on Auto Throttle?

T45

2 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

If you bring a flight plan through from Simbrief do you have to add SIDS & STARS via the FMC?

& can you also enter VNAV data in the FMC & the 600 will follow the altitudes fed in?

Also, can speed settings at VNAV data points be entered via the FMC & the aircraft will follow those too, if on Auto Throttle?

T45

You still need to add the SID/STAR into your FMS after importing the flight plan via Simbrief. 

• Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

21 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

T45

It will do normal VNAV descent, yes, including constraints and speeds. Just like the typical Airbus, except for it does not have VNAV during the climb, only descent. However, it's a bit buggy at the moment, so you better monitor it well. The real world VNAV of the A300-600 was also really bad, though.

• Like 1

MSFS | IniBuilds new A300-600 | Unbiased Review - YouTube

For me at least, BlackBox711 is always a Reference !

• Like 3

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020 ! Hands down (all summed up) Best sim ever!!! Also use AEFS4 and really enjoy it.