Sign in to follow this  
ilpagaia

WU16 new water masks : where?

Seems to be a widespread thing, affecting even other countries' water masks (e.g. Australia / Japan).

Hop on over and vote:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/missing-water-masks-after-wu16/628180

Edited by scotchegg
Forgot the possessive apostrophe on the plural noun.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Just did the update... one of my favorites was the NW corner of Andros Island (Bahamas). The coral there was nothing short of SPECTACULAR!  It's all gone. 😔 

This has to have been a conscious decision to proceed with the release without the water masks. But OMG, the wrong decision IMHO. The MSFS Product Msnager needs to polish his resumé. This update is a sick joke.

• Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

2 hours ago, odourboy said:

This has to have been a conscious decision to proceed with the release without the water masks

It's probably a mistake/error, not intentional considering how wide spread it is.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

It's probably a mistake/error, not intentional considering how wide spread it is.

That's why I figure it was a conscious 'marketing' decision. There's simply no way this went out with nobody noticing all the water masks were broken. I agree it was not intentionally turned off, but I believe it had to be intentionally released despite the state it's in.

• Like 2

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

2 hours ago, odourboy said:

That's why I figure it was a conscious 'marketing' decision. There's simply no way this went out with nobody noticing all the water masks were broken. I agree it was not intentionally turned off, but I believe it had to be intentionally released despite the state it's in.

What would be the marketing benefit of that?

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Voted just in time, now the MSFS forum is down.

Seems up again.

Edited by hansb57

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

Still downloading at pathetic speed (1-2 Mbps)...

Water masks only in the trailer...

Forum down for hours, probably for a flood of complaints...

Errors in the release notes...

All normal 🙂 

P.S. Yes, despite all, MSFS is still the best option on the market.

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

The Quality Control department earning their stripes again 🤣 can only laugh now, I'm beyond trying to understand how the hell their internal testing procedures are supposed to work...

• Like 3

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

45 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

What would be the marketing benefit of that?

Apparently they were committed to keep their deadline for the WU16 release.

But obviously that was a very poor decision.

To release an update for a region that is famous for its corals, reefs and tropical waters and then break the water masks altogether is just absurd.

And I relate to what was said somewhere else: I couldn't care less for some tiny custom buildings in remote places I will most probably never see from the air (unless I make a specific scenic tour - but I would only do that once). What I do always see from the air when flying around the Caribbean is water. A lot of water that now looks totally dull. The water is what should look appealing when flying around a region like the Caribbean. That is what they sould have focused on.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bah! If you've seen one reef, you've seen them all! Rip them all out!

spacer.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Hi, everyone,

Obviously, there is a big difference between what Asobo announced with the video and the reality of the update.

Regards.

Edited by John Fields
  • Like 1

If you bring this up in the official forum, be careful not to be flagged out by the community.... 🤣🤣

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Tapani Österberg

At least Saint Barthélemy have new water mask. There are hundreds of sunken boats and ships around the island.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MarcG said:

The Quality Control department earning their stripes again 🤣 can only laugh now, I'm beyond trying to understand how the hell their internal testing procedures are supposed to work...

What internal testing?  If there is a department doing this, I am surprised by the amount they don't see.  With this and the slow download speeds, I can only shake my head. 

I will comfort myself by reading that wonderful technical report they released on slow download speeds a few weeks ago, explaining why it happened the last time, and how it wouldn't happen again. :unsure:

Trust level, -20 at the moment.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.