Sign in to follow this  
rutrA

SU15 BETA available now!

And there was me sworn off betas after losing over 900 logbook hours in an earlier beta…

• Like 3

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

13 minutes ago, abennett said:

I guess time will tell if if the performance has been achieved by reducing graphical quality just like they have done in the past.

In two hours of flying, I noticed no degradation in graphics quality at all. And believe me, I was looking for it. Quite the contrary: Distant objects now look sharper to me than ever before. If there is any change to graphics, it is a positive change.

• Like 10

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

WOOHOO Just tried and immediately noticed that I can taxi straight with minimal rudder/tiller input instead of correcting every 2 seconds and that on the a300, a339, fenix a320 while the c172 feels extra nice!

also takeoff rolls the plane goes straight ! Very noticeable on the a300, no more fighting the rudder!

great update, I’ve seen better smoothness on remote places or cities that are not too busy, except at KLAX A300 with fsltl traffic and multiplayer, performs the same as before.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

what we have is very good now.

so you were right indeed after all: "SU15 later this week". looking forward to a whole day of SU15beta flying tomorrow.

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

25 minutes ago, FormulaJet said:

Just tried and immediately noticed that I can taxi straight with minimal rudder/tiller input instead of correcting every 2 seconds and that on the a300, a339, fenix a320 while the c172 feels extra nice!

The new ground handling model is opt-in for developers and must be enabled and tuned in the aircraft CFG files, in order to keep backwards compatibility. Out of those aircraft, only the 172 has received these changes. The other aircraft are still using the previous model.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Hello any advise, SU15 Beta, smooth like silk, performance great, BUT cockpit camera pan, screen tearing. Any advise please?

• Like 1

Deleted

😄

Edited by History
Solved

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

1 minute ago, GeoSkyman said:

Hello any advise, SU15 Beta, smooth like silk, performance great, BUT cockpit camera pan, screen tearing. Any advise please?

Also smooth. I pan every time due the use of VR headset (Varjo with ppd set to 37) no stutters, even with TLOD set to much greater then 200 (tested up to 300 and even 400). FPS goes down a bit, logical and very acceptable at my end, but stays smooth. Same is applicable for 2d screen, tested that as well. 

Overall the whole sim is smooth as never before incl taxi und ground and large airports, even at klax with 50+ AI traffic around and LOD to 150 I get 37 fps in my headset (+5k pixels!). At 2d I get 60 fps in that scenario , and butter smooth. 

• Like 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Loading times as stated really have improved on my side! Good update so far. If they could only fix the DX12 ground tiles  bug… 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, turbomax said:

should have done one before updating for comparison. or perhaps you still have some of your old frametime stats benchmark? I knew we can rely on Capt_Piett's Benchmark.

I still have pre-SU14 benchmarks but not sure if I have the same settings now (method is always the same), I'm pleased by the performance increase most people are seeing but I'm mainly intrigued as to whether we've got back what we lost with that update.

If I get time this weekend I'll try and compare public Vs beta build with a benchmark or two, keeping in mind that during beta things can and have changed though.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Is it fair to say this beta is pretty near releasable?

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

2 hours ago, MattNischan said:

The new ground handling model is opt-in for developers and must be enabled and tuned in the aircraft CFG files, in order to keep backwards compatibility. Out of those aircraft, only the 172 has received these changes. The other aircraft are still using the previous model.

Found the new lines in flightmodel.cfg, and added them to xcub. Really nice to see it shaking during runup! Maybe I've just been lucky doing better than usual landings, but felt also less bouncy during touchdown. Later on going to try on other planes too.

Still having half a second stutter during approach at large airports, but much much better than before.

Edited by ConairMSFS

6 hours ago, xraythree said:

Thank you for responding mobeans. I get smooth stutter free performance, but this tile creeping in a cone below the plane saddens me, especially this late in the game. It didn’t happen in the past, but now always. I’m surprised there  is hardly any mention of it in these forums.

There is plenty of posts on this subject on these forums, as per usual everyone's specific bug wishes don't always get fixed but I do agree this is a major issue that should've been dealt with by now.

Personally my neverending wait for SU5/7 VR bugs to be fixed goes on, the Transparency of Live Weather Clouds Vs Presets that Seb said he would "look into" last year hasn't been fixed plus a multitude of other regressions from past updates.

Obviously they can't fix everything and I'm not asking them too, but it would be nice if they at least bothered to fix some of the bugs they introduced, especially the blatantly obvious ones.

• Like 4

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

9 minutes ago, MarcG said:

There is plenty of posts on this subject on these forums, as per usual everyone's specific bug wishes don't always get fixed but I do agree this is a major issue that should've been dealt with by now.

Personally my neverending wait for SU5/7 VR bugs to be fixed goes on, the Transparency of Live Weather Clouds Vs Presets that Seb said he would "look into" last year hasn't been fixed plus a multitude of other regressions from past updates.

Obviously they can't fix everything and I'm not asking them too, but it would be nice if they at least bothered to fix some of the bugs they introduced, especially the blatantly obvious ones.

Thanks to you as well MarcG. I experienced such joy in this simulator, until this scenery tile issue reared it’s ugly head.

• Like 1

Jetline Systems, Windows 10 Professional, Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro Ax LG 1200, Intel Core i9 10900K Ten Core, Corsair H100 240mm Liquid Cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR SDRAM 3200MHz, 10GB Nvidea GeForce RTX 3080 GDDR6X, 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD, 1000 watt Gold Power Supply.