Sign in to follow this  
rutrA

SU15 BETA available now!

23 hours ago, rick celik said:

The whole feeling of rails debate was about this…It was literally a downside of the older sims. 

"The whole feeling of rails..." was almost entirely about the way they flew, not the way they rolled.

All one has to do is compare a P3D A2A Sims addon to any similar aircraft.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, regis9 said:

I bet the SR-71 doesn’t get impacted by ground friction too much 😀

Believe it or not, despite being the length of a 737, its MTOW is in the range of 767/A310/A300 and other middleweight 'liners.

It just has a "slightly" better climb rate due to its massive afterburners (along with the similar MTOW Concorde)

23 hours ago, Dutch727 said:

I'm working on the SR-71 right now and can't do more on the C310 until SU15 is released.

SR-71 > C310 😁

8 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

No you don't need to reinstall the entire sim. Who said this?

It happened to me two times when I decided to join the beta, after the final release the FS20 directory was wiped out. But I don't remember if I decided or not to leave the beta after the final release, but I remember a lot of users blaming the FS20 team for this.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

I just left the beta and had to re-download 2 GB from the WIndows Store, after that everything was ok.

I haven't had any crashes yet with the beta. Did a 2 hour flight yesterday in the SR22T, and did a 2 hour flight in the FBW A320N today. No issues.

16 hours ago, Fielder said:

Yes, I've been flying the 172 (steam gauge default Asobo version) a lot in the beta. Flies beautifully. Same as before the beta.

Asobo seems to focus only on the G1000 version of the 172 when it comes to updates, so yeah that's probably why you didn't notice anything different.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, UrgentSiesta said:

"The whole feeling of rails..." was almost entirely about the way they flew, not the way they rolled.

All one has to do is compare a P3D A2A Sims addon to any similar aircraft.

Yes but it did translate to how the plane reacted on the ground because there wasn’t a great transition between the two. Also, the friction model was extremely basic. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, techman said:

For me every flight that is longer than 1 hour causes a CTD, I opted out of the beta for now. 

Did you report over on the official forums (https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ctd-with-exception-code-0xc0000005-fault-bucket-1945005070971162045-type-4/630222/56)? We need as many people to report as possible to try and find a fix...its frustrating the hell out of me!

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

I have noticed less braking power, the Comanche starts crawling at 1200 rpm with the handbrake applied.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

On 2/17/2024 at 1:17 PM, rick celik said:

Yes but it did translate to how the plane reacted on the ground because there wasn’t a great transition between the two. Also, the friction model was extremely basic. 

Just tried the TBM and taxi / rolling was smoothest it has ever been...

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

SU15 Beta here - It's fantastic. I've had excellent performance boost in terms of exactly ZERO stutters. I switched everything to ULTRA (Previously I was Low to Med) and I'm running the following with Adaptive half refresh (60HZ/30FPS) DX11, HAGS off.

I was previously DX12 with Frame Gen over 60FPS and constantly had random stutters, sometimes the sim would lock for 30secs in cruise. This has really transformed my experience and with constant 30FPS, my CPU and GPU are even running slower with way more performance delivered, previously I could have 100% CPU usage. 

I was also CPU-thread limited, this has now switched to GPU!

Intel i7-9700 (8 CPU at 3.0Ghz, overclocked to 4.4Ghz)

32GB Corsair RAM.

RTX 2070 Super (8GB)

Edited by Ckavs

1 hour ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Just tried the TBM and taxi / rolling was smoothest it has ever been...

Please see previous posts to understand the context of my statement...

I joined and installed the beta the other day (my first ever MSFS beta), on route from Doha to Oslo in the Horizon 787-9 and the entire PC froze dead about an hour or so into the flight. Reboot, and tried another flight - sim freeze and crash. Hmmmm...

Then I remembered that besides joining the beta I also undervolted my CPU last week, so went back into the bios and returned everything back the way it was. Flew the same aircraft from Sydney to Auckland without any issues whatsoever. 

I've never been one to undervolt or overclock anything but decided to give it a go. Not any more. Pleased to know that it appears it was not the beta that was the issue. 

i9-13900K | 6400MHz DDR5 (32GB) | GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | ViewSonic 27in QHD VA 165Hz Curved | Windows 10 |

MSFS Premium Deluxe | PMDG 737 | PMDG 777 | Horizon 787-9

Marc

1 minute ago, verbal said:

I've never been one to undervolt or overclock anything but decided to give it a go. Not any more. Pleased to know that it appears it was not the beta that was the issue. 

Hopefully you were able to solve it - however in my experience, CTDs were intermittent in the beta. I could complete flights with no CTDs, or get one after 20-30 minutes. Back to SU14 for the last few days and no CTD yet. 

Quite a few users are reporting CTDs in the beta (although the overall majority probably don't get this). Have a look in this thread, which is "feedback-logged": 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ctd-with-exception-code-0xc0000005-fault-bucket-1945005070971162045-type-4/630222

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Will take a look, cheers. 

It might be that the guide I used to undervolt was using a different motherboard therefore different bios than what I have, so highly likely the issue boils down to user error lol

Thanks for the link though. 

i9-13900K | 6400MHz DDR5 (32GB) | GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | ViewSonic 27in QHD VA 165Hz Curved | Windows 10 |

MSFS Premium Deluxe | PMDG 737 | PMDG 777 | Horizon 787-9

Marc