Sign in to follow this  
rutrA

SU15 BETA available now!

Hm, Nice to Geneva today was a stuttering mess in the Fenix A320. Area was smooth flying yesterday.

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

1 hour ago, Rene_Feijen said:

Nice to Geneva today was a stuttering mess in the Fenix A320

that's not Nice.

• Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

For those with CTDs: try updating to the latest SDK - it's worth a try. Go to dev mode menu to download the update. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

11 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

For those with CTDs: try updating to the latest SDK - it's worth a try. Go to dev mode menu to download the update. 

Fixed my CTDs. Super smoooooth now. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I'll give it a go. 

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

This is my first beta participion. So, when the SU 15 is fully released, will it be automatically updated (overriding the Beta)?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

9 minutes ago, History said:

This is my first beta participion. So, when the SU 15 is fully released, will it be automatically updated (overriding the Beta)?

Yes. Once in the beta channel, you don't need to revert back on release. And once a new beta is out, you'll find you need to update for it

• Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

2 minutes ago, Pastaiolo said:

Yes. Once in the beta channel, you don't need to revert back on release. And once a new beta is out, you'll find you need to update for it

Thank you sir

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

10 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Nice!  I don't currently have problems with the beta, but I have only done short flights up to now (20-30 minutes in GA). I will download it anyway - why not!

Any idea why this works?  I thought the SDK was purely documentation and a few side programs like the aircraft editor etc.

• Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

10 hours ago, JonathanC said:

Fixed my CTDs. Super smoooooth now. 

It might have worked for me too, I've completed 3 flights with no CTDs (earlier got CTDs on almost every flight). 

Without doing any more capframex captures, I'm almost certain SU15 "feels" more smooth, especially when panning around. And that's what's important to me. Not the actual FPS (well, over a certain level), but a fluid, stutter-free experience. 

4 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Any idea why this works?  I thought the SDK was purely documentation and a few side programs like the aircraft editor etc

I have literally no idea why it (might) work. It makes absolutely no sense. I'll put it down to some of the quirkiness that lurks inside MSFS...

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

can someone point me to the latest sdk ( not via the developer mode in sim as this does not work for me), thanks

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

It might have worked for me too, I've completed 3 flights with no CTDs (earlier got CTDs on almost every flight). 

Without doing any more capframex captures, I'm almost certain SU15 "feels" more smooth, especially when panning around. And that's what's important to me. Not the actual FPS (well, over a certain level), but a fluid, stutter-free experience. 

I have literally no idea why it (might) work. It makes absolutely no sense. I'll put it down to some of the quirkiness that lurks inside MSFS...

I've just completed a flight in the Fenix from Manchester to Alicante successfully after the SDK update.

Looks good so far

• Like 3

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 1:22 AM, Cpt_Piett said:

Is it the SDK installer in the Help menu I shall download and install?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

Is it the SDK installer in the Help menu I shall download and install?

I downloaded from the dev menu in the sim. Quit the sim, installed, then restarted the sim.

Edited by Cpt_Piett