Sign in to follow this  
rutrA

SU15 BETA available now!

1 hour ago, chapstick said:

What are you even talking about? The CTDs in the beta aren't caused by bad hardware. 

I didn't get CTD's with the beta? So what caused them? I'm guessing rubbish hardware. All I am saying that I do hope that Asobo do not dumb things down.

Edited by jarmstro

3 hours ago, jarmstro said:

I didn't get CTD's with the beta? So what caused them? I'm guessing rubbish hardware.

If you check the pc specs of some of the users around here with the most powerful systems (Captn Piett et al.) who reported crashes in the beta you'll find their hardware is top notch. considering Asobo's quick hotfix1.37.4.0 they must obviously have identified issues in their code. the users pc specs have hardly changed from top notch to "rubbish" between the previous stable version to SU15 beta, but the number of CTDs. I didn't encounter any CTD, but then I haven't finished testing all billions of possible flight conditions or configurations incl. steam/store/VR/GPU/CPU/Windows or GPU driver versions etc pp.

" I'm guessing rubbish hardware."

"guessing" is the correct term I guess. 🤣

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/su15-beta/su14-ctd/376

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 3

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Exactly turbo. I had no CTDs before the beta. My Win11 system is perfectly stable. Stable as a... rock, in fact. Or a horse. Or perhaps a table...

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6200 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

I was one year without CTD, then tested SU15 -> 3 flights, 3 CTD´s -> opted out -> no more CTDs

It´s pretty obvious.

13900K/4080/32GBDDR5

12 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Please read the EDITED version of my post. I did not realise that I was in the BETA thread!

Roger, thanks for making it clear. I was a little suspicious that reversers worked with PMDG 737 for someone in SU15 beta 1.37.4.0

Sergio Naiberg

Hi, 

I'm getting CTD's since the latest beta update, just when I close the sim.

MSFS freezes for a while and then abruptedly goes out. I've never had that kind of CTD.

Regards.

13 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Exactly turbo. I had no CTDs before the beta. My Win11 system is perfectly stable. Stable as a... rock, in fact. Or a horse. Or perhaps a table...

You didn't overclock any of your hardware, right?

I also had a super stable computer and it was a new computer too, but MSFS would CTD on me.  I got the odd Age of Empires 4 CTD too, but it was much less frequent than MSFS.  I played various other games, and they were all stable.  Anyways, when I bought my computer, I did not ask for any overclocking at all.  And if I wasn't playing MSFS (or Age of Empires 4), my computer would never crash, it was completely stable.  The RAM that I purchased was DDR4 and it was rated up to 3600 MHZ, and it even said 3600 MHZ on the box of the RAM.  At the time I purchased my computer (two years ago), DDR 4 was already an older standard as DDR5 RAM was the new standard.  So the store that put my computer together, set the DDR4 RAM speed in my bios to 3600 MHZ.  And the CPU I bought, the  i5-12400, was just newly released by Intel at the time.  My DDR4 RAM is set to the speed that is says on the box (3600 MHZ), and my CPU, the  i5-12400, was newly released by Intel at the time. So just looking on the surface, there was no overclocking, right? 

Well, it turns out that my CPU,  the i5-12400, did not support clocks speeds for DDR4 RAM above 3200 Mhz.  This was baffling to me, because DDR4 RAM clock speed can actually go up to 5000 Mhz.  It didn't make any sense that the i5-12400 didn't support clock speeds for DDR4 RAM above 3200 Mhz, especially because it was a newly released CPU by Intel when I bought it.  But that's what it said, when I looked at my manual for the i5-12400.

So even though I didn't think my computer was being overclocked, it was being overclocked by the computer store that put my computer together. And they probably didn't even know that the max clock speed for an i5-12400 is 3200 Mhz, as you had to comb through the manual to find that one line that said it.  The computer store was just following the box of the RAM, which said 3600 MHz. You can read more about my story here:

So for me, even though I didn't think my computer was overclocked, it was actually overclocked and neither me, nor the computer store that assembled my computer, knew that it was overclocked (until I finally found the one line in my i5-12400 manual). I subsequently changed the clock speed to 3200 MHz in my bios, and MSFS stopped CTDing on me.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

37 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I had written this rather lengthy reply on my iPad, and was just about to hit submit, but before that I just wanted to copy the text in case the forum got stuck. Dunno exactly what happened, but now everything I wrote is lost… The funny thing is - would I had messed things up if I didn’t try to copy the text before posting? That’s rather similar to the Oracle scene in the Matrix, isn’t it?

After I regain my composure I might write another (on-topic) reply. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6200 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

So for me, even though I didn't think my computer was overclocked, it was actually overclocked and neither me, nor the computer store that assembled my computer, knew that it was overclocked (until I finally found the one line in my i5-12400 manual). I subsequently changed the clock speed to 3200 MHz in my bios, and MSFS stopped CTDing on me.

This was really going to be the gist of my reply. Many people probably have overclocked hardware without knowing. And even fewer of those will have the skills to remove said overclocks - they’ll simply be blissfully unaware. That’s sort of like another Matrix reference, isn’t it?

I also wanted to make the point that there’s probably an overemphasis on OC contributing to CTDs on forums. Back in the day around SU10 I was one of the unfortunate few plagued by pesky CTDs. I participated in a thread that ended up having nearly 1000 posts. Very few of the participants had done or could find any OC on their systems. IIRC none of these were able to resolve the CTDs by removing the OCs. The thread ended up being a hot mess of overly technical advice that few understood, pseudoscientifical suggestions and some plain preposterous comments. In fact, come to think of it I think a few lost souls might still be stuck in that rabbit hole. That’s how deep it was!

My point being that when new code is introduced in software, it can cause conflicts with some hardware configurations resulting in instability and CTDs. It’s virtually impossible to prevent this from happening. But having a large number of participants in a beta can certainly help. 

So any of you poor souls crying yourselves to sleep and cursing Asobo for introducing CTDs that prevents you from using this pre-release version with allegedly bonkers performance in order to fly a final approach into iniBuild’s Heathrow in the Fenix with 500 FSLTL AI within a 50km radius and maxed-out settings, on an eternal quest chasing 99.9% <2ms frame time variance - do yourself a favor and head over here and post the fault bucket and exception values from event viewer in addition to two sentences explaining the situation.

Me 14 hours ago:

Having users with a wide range of system reporting seems like a sensible thing

Reply from forum moderator team member:

Correct! That’s the whole point of open Betas, Microsoft/Asobo can’t own hundreds of different spec machines and test it on them all. That’s where Beta participants come in 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/smooth/630170/205?u=cptpiett8113

Now, would Neo have knocked over the vase if the Oracle had not made him aware of it in the first place? Now that’s a question that most certainly will cook your noodle 🤓

And most importantly, please remember to buckle your seatbelt Dorothy, because Kansas is going bye-bye! 😎

EDIT: 

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

I respectfully choose to plead the 5th in order to avoid self-incrimination 😉

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 3

excerpt from my signature:

very nice.

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

This was really going to be the gist of my reply. Many people probably have overclocked hardware without knowing. And even fewer of those will have the skills to remove said overclocks - they’ll simply be blissfully unaware. That’s sort of like another Matrix isn’t it?

I also wanted to make the point that there’s probably an overemphasis on OC contributing to CTDs on forums. Back in the day around SU10 I was one of the unfortunate few plagued by pesky CTDs. I participated in a thread that ended up having nearly 1000 posts. Very few of the participants had done or could find any OC on their systems. IIRC none of these were able to resolve the CTDs by removing the OCs. 

My point being that when new code is introduced in software, it can cause conflicts with some hardware configurations resulting in instability and CTDs. It’s virtually impossible to prevent this from happening. But having a large number of participants in a beta can certainly help.

Oh yeah, I definitely agree with you that they introduce new code every Sim Update, and it leads to conflicts with certain hardware, which then leads to CTDs.  And I also think that most CTDs are probably related to add-ons, rather than overclocking. Having said that, I think MSFS really stresses out our system, unlike other games. I had Gamepass at the time and I was playing other games. I didn't have any problems with the other games (aside from Age of Empires 4, but even Age of Empires 4 was CTDing way less than MSFS).

When I get CTDs in MSFS, the first thing I do is clear my Community folder of add-ons (with the add-on linker program). These days, we can also boot MSFS in safe mode.

Anyways, for me, I was able to pinpoint the issue with a MemTest. Within 15 minutes of running MemTest, I was getting RAM failures at 3600 Mhz. When I lowered it to 3200 Mhz and ran an overnight MemTest, everything passed and it was then I was confident that my RAM was finally stable (and MSFS became stable for me too).

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Did anyone get an update this morning of about 93mb? I am on SU 15 Beta #2...

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

I received and downloaded a 93mb update yesterday afternoon (SU 15 Beta 2 user also). 

I9 12900K @5.2Ghz  64 GB DDR4, RTX 4090, Win 11 Pro, 15 TB on 5 SSD's

26 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

Did anyone get an update this morning of about 93mb? I am on SU 15 Beta #2...

Nothing for me...  Straight in.

Other than the SU15 Beta v2, I had a small update about this size the other day.  I think it was the improved airports from the world hub.  I didn't think it would work like that.  I thought we would be able to choose what we download.

PS.  Looking at it.  It seems I had that update yesterday about midday.  So probably the same one as yours.

Edited by bobcat999

Rob (but call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind).

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

SU15 Beta v2 not letting the sim flight start. CTD's when trying to load. The original beta ran fine...

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.