Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

Got up at 9 AM today to enjoy my new monitor and get a flight in with the new Fenix .. The app will not start properly and after multiple config changes and getting predominantly blank displays the one time i got it to work the thing ctd mid flight. So i gave up on it. Next flight in the newly updated Inibuilds A300 set that up.. no problems .. mid way to Reno after simply venturing into the sim menu all systems turn off and the plane falls out of the sky .. Good lord .. its 2:30pm and Ive yet to complete even 1 successful flight.. and i don't want to fly the 737.. I'm going to have a lie down .. too frustrating.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

16 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Imagine getting like 50-60fps on PMDG then complaining that you maybe get 40-50fps. More than plenty to still enjoy. People seem to forget the FSLabs days were performance was also a big problem.

I fired up the PMDG 737 which I haven’t used for ages to see for myself. In my case, it performed a bit worse than the Fenix. 

• Like 2

Just now, tfm said:

I fired up the PMDG 737 which I haven’t used for ages to see for myself. In my case, it performed a bit worse than the Fenix. 

Magic what happens on different systems. 

1 hour ago, Midnight Music said:

Does anyone know if Canadian airlines use pounds or kilograms on their A320s?

Lee

I think KG...wasn't that what led to the Gimli glider?

I have noticed that the Fenix AIr Canada liveries are always set to use LBS, I don't think that's correct though and I always change them to KG.  I stand to be corrected though.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OuterMarker said:

Try reducing the reactivity, I have mine set pretty low for the rudder.

Rudder axis sensitivity -40% and reactivity 70% = much better

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

7 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I have noticed that the Fenix AIr Canada liveries are always set to use LBS, I don't think that's correct though and I always change them to KG.  I stand to be corrected though.

I think Air Canada is kilograms. WestJet uses pounds. My guess is WJA adjusts to the US for simplicity because of the many Canada-US routes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Anyone tried single engine taxi? I had the impression one IAE engine pushed me just as much as two with no difference. Even turning towards the running engine didn't seem to be any different than two engines.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

3 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

Second flight in a row I've had the AP disconnect as I'm turning on to appraoch. Both times I had the speed brakes extended and I had a FCTL warning on the ECAM but it disappeared too quickly. We can't have the AP disconnecting at such a critical part of the flight.

This afternoon have had the AP disconnect during turns while following the flight plan.

T45

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Maxis said:

Good lord .. its 2:30pm and Ive yet to complete even 1 successful flight.. and i don't want to fly the 737.. I'm going to have a lie down .. too frustrating.

I had a day like that a few days ago. Sometimes the “perfect storm” happens and nothing works… super-frustrating 😵😵

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

28 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Going to try that. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

Second flight in a row I've had the AP disconnect as I'm turning on to appraoch. Both times I had the speed brakes extended and I had a FCTL warning on the ECAM but it disappeared too quickly. We can't have the AP disconnecting at such a critical part of the flight.

I had 3 disconnects in a row, then (as advised on the Fenix Discord), checked my turbulence settings in MSFS's Assistance settings.  The were on Medium and the advice was to set them to Low.

I did that, and haven't had a single AP disconnect in 8 flights.

Try setting your turbulance setting to Low.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Going to try that. 

Best so far. Much easier doing turns while taxiing as well as keeping on rwy centreline. Got rudder damping on

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I'm glad, It helps with the twitchiness and adds a little bit of "fake" inertia.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Two things I'm surprised were not fixed:

-old ADIRS panel on the overhead

-FCU SPD, HDG not showing dashed (with no dot next to it) when no data is inserted in the MCDU but FD on, VS always showing dashed even when FDs are off.

Other than that, I like it *very* much.

Edited by thepilot

1 hour ago, Maxis said:

Got up at 9 AM today to enjoy my new monitor and get a flight in with the new Fenix .. The app will not start properly and after multiple config changes and getting predominantly blank displays the one time i got it to work the thing ctd mid flight. So i gave up on it. Next flight in the newly updated Inibuilds A300 set that up.. no problems .. mid way to Reno after simply venturing into the sim menu all systems turn off and the plane falls out of the sky .. Good lord .. its 2:30pm and Ive yet to complete even 1 successful flight.. and i don't want to fly the 737.. I'm going to have a lie down .. too frustrating.

Yeah those days happen. For the Fenix displays, check this page: https://kb.fenixsim.com/everything-is-off-and-unresponsive-excluding-the-efb

Also exclude the Fenix bootstrapper.exe from your anti virus.

• Like 2