Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

14 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I'm getting pretty decent results with rudder damping on, sensitivity -40%, dead zone 3%, reactivity 70%.

I'm going to try this later and see how it feels. It feels ok to me with the damper off but I never fiddled with the reactivity and therein might lie the sweet spot.

It seems on every stream I've watched the user also had the swaying left and right motion when rolling down the runway, the taxiing is fine.

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

CptPiett. You took a hiatus (as I did) for a while. You've been helpful with my small struggles. No more hiatuses or I will sick the rebel scum against you.

You're welcome. However, the feeble insignificant rebellion is no match against the power of the Empire. An entire legion of our best troops awaits them.

44 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

For the rest of you complaining about video game doors, go start a different forum and a different thread. Literally nobody cares.

Indeed! I'm tempted to start a new thread but just remembered I have no interest in that discussion. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

30 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

You're welcome. However, the feeble insignificant rebellion is no match against the power of the Empire. An entire legion of our best troops awaits them.

Indeed! I'm tempted to start a new thread but just remembered I have no interest in that discussion. 

Hey!  No Stars Wars cross-talk!   You people are almost as bad as the folks with PDS! (besides, we all know the Empire is finished, and Luke kissed his sister...on the lips...and liked it!  Ewwwww.)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Agree wholeheartedly. The IAE engine modeling, the new liveries (e.g., JetBlue), and the EFB enhancements are so welcome an addition, and for free no less. Especially enjoy that the EFB more tightly integrates the flight plan, fuel and payload, and takeoff performance data entry into the MCDU.  Also, it’s a plus having the Simbrief flight briefing and the  Navigraph charts available in the EFB. Loading Navigraph charts via the MSFS menu always introduces an FPS hit, but not so via the Fenix EFB. Hats off to Fenix for a great update. When they fix a few annoyances - AP disconnects and such - it will be nearly perfect.

Rich

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, rlashier said:

Also, it’s a plus having the Simbrief flight briefing and the  Navigraph charts available in the EFB.

+ Fenix user guide, QRH and normal checklist. Also the updated EFB is much snappier. 

12 minutes ago, rlashier said:

When they fix a few annoyances - AP disconnects and such - it will be nearly perfect.

I had a few disconnects yesterday - unfortunately both on go-arounds after flap 3 landings. I guess the AoA Prot submode kicked in as I always have trouble managing thrust and pitch on a go-around. 

Also, I had to do a reinstall as the aircraft + EFB was unresponsive. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

57 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I had a few disconnects yesterday - unfortunately both on go-arounds after flap 3 landings. I guess the AoA Prot submode kicked in as I always have trouble managing thrust and pitch on a go-around. 

think this is now fixed - at least in scenarios like this - will roll out with the next update over the coming days. 

• Like 15

Aamir Thacker

1 minute ago, Aamir said:

think this is now fixed - at least in scenarios like this - will roll out with the next update over the coming days. 

Excellent news! And btw I'm having too much fun with B2. The rest of my fleet have been gathering dust since B2 released 😄 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Hey!  No Stars Wars cross-talk!   You people are almost as bad as the folks with PDS! (besides, we all know the Empire is finished, and Luke kissed his sister...on the lips...and liked it!  Ewwwww.)

Hey. We can cross-talk if we want to. Just keep in mind: we can throw you out of that virtual cockpit door that everyone is complaining about! 😀

3 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

+ Fenix user guide, QRH and normal checklist. Also the updated EFB is much snappier. 

Also, I had to do a reinstall as the aircraft + EFB was unresponsive. 

Me too, Just a few though earlier

• Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

7 hours ago, JYW said:

I could be wrong but has anybody ever asked for the security mechanism of the PMDG 737's door to be modelled?   I think PMDG have created a strawman here.  "We'll make it sound all high level and that we're impeded from adding something, because of sEcUrItY".

Not to perpetuate the PMDG stuff here, but it simply defies reason that this is still being misunderstood.  A great example of folks allowing a bias to interfere with communication / comprehension.

To explain it again and hopefully for the final time: no, I don't think anyone ever asked PMDG to model the FDAS and they ALSO never said they would not make the cockpit door open.

Someone on this thread claimed that Robert DID say they'd never make the door open, for security reasons.  That person conflated two separate issues, and made a false claim.  Robert said they'd never model the FDAS.  He ALSO said they'd probably make the door open at some point.  Why not yet?  If I had to guess, it's at about the very bottom of the priority list, right there with open windows, because... Who cares?  What could possibly be less useful lol?

Hope that clears it up.  👍

• Like 7

Andrew Crowley

3 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Excellent news! And btw I'm having too much fun with B2. The rest of my fleet have been gathering dust since B2 released 😄 

So does my fleet. It now feels perfect (since I'm having none of those troubles with AP or the Fenix app) and I'd have to force myself to use anything else for now. Maybe the A300 for the odd cargo flight.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

If I had to guess, it's at about the very bottom of the priority list, right there with open windows, because... Who cares?  What could possibly be less useful lol?

I think the real reason is that they'd have to redo the cabin first to get it up to modern standards and this is obviously a much larger task. Don't think a simple door animation by itself would be that much of a task.

EDIT: Oh and personally I love opening windows, smelling the kerosine and hearing the APU 😄 I'd probably even do a picknick in GE90 engine. But my wife wouldn't, I'm afraid.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

Hope that clears it up.  👍

It does. Thank you!

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

6 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Hey!  No Stars Wars cross-talk!

I suspect this was written tongue-in-cheek 🙂 If not, I suspect you're not the biggest SW fan. And btw I would say it's almost more relevant than elaborating on a virtual PMDG door in a thread about the Fenix B2 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am soooo digging this A320. The IAE is just mint on the ears. Immersion is level 10. Can’t fly anything else. 

• Like 5

Eric 

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I suspect this was written tongue-in-cheek 🙂 If not, I suspect you're not the biggest SW fan. And btw I would say it's almost more relevant than elaborating on a virtual PMDG door in a thread about the Fenix B2 😉

Spoken like a true officer in the Empire. I saw Star Wars when it 1st released...enjoyed the series very much until we were Jar-Jar'd.  Even could tolerate that series...but I lost interest pretty much after that. 

You can consider me rebel scum, and I never met a Wookie I didn't like.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg