Sign in to follow this  
Falconfly

PMDG 777 MSFS FIRST LOOK

First flight for me is UAL DEN-HNL. 

• Like 1

Eric 

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Name me one developer out there that makes boeings better than PMDG. I will stop posting.

Never said there are better Boeings. But there are plenty of Hi Fi airliners from which to choose, especially if you run more than one sim

Edited by UrgentSiesta

Posted (edited)

It's not much but here's some exterior and cabin footage from FSWeekend.

Edited by Andrew2448
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for sharing @Andrew2448

It does look great, but I find the cockpit has a real lack of "depth" to it and look's really flat. Seems there's no shadowing or Ambient Occlusion whatsoever, especially noticeable around the rudders. 

• Upvote 1

Real Life Flight Sim Pilot

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Nómbreme un desarrollador que haga que Boeing sea mejor que PMDG. Dejaré de publicar.

Zibo is unbeatable value for money. 

I love the 777 and as I personally am not closed to any simulator I will wait a while and compare the PMDG with the FF v2 for xplane (FF is aiming for FNTP II level) before investing in a 777.

Who only uses MFS logically has no choice but to buy from PMDG if you want a 777.

Edited by Aglos77
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Aglos77 said:

FF v2 for xplane (FF is aiming for FNTP II level) before investing in a 777.

Looks like you caught up in some kind of marketing hype LOL

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Looks like you caught up in some kind of marketing hype LOL

Time will tell, but for the moment I will wait and see which option is better.won't be the one to buy on day 1 from either of them.

Edited by Aglos77
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Aglos77 said:

Zibo is unbeatable value for money. 

So is the FBW A32nx in MSFS. They are also showcasing a A380 for Free but I say it should be donateware. People want to support Freeware buy them a coffee or give them a tip from time to time.

Last I checked Zibo and FBW use assets from the base sim and can not be sold "publicly for money". They are open source projects.

Edited by JBDB-MD80
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, El Diablito said:

In the context of the 777, what on earth does this mean?

because theres prerty much no good long haul airliners in ms2020 

14ppkc-6.png

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

The epitome of a Avsim users these days (say something negative and its all hate, nonsense). Not one person I have seen want them to fold up shop but "just to get better". They can certainly use some improvement now in 2024 to their future products though. That is all folks are asking.

I don't think that's true. I think what's often confused is constructive and non-constructive criticism, and when it comes to PMDG specifically, there's often an extraordinary amount of non-constructive criticism or general negativity that seems to be the default position for many and drowns out much of the constructive criticism.

Edited by threexgreen
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I do find the criticism hilarious, because we all know that almost every single one of the complainers will be buying on day 1 and it'll become part of their regular rotation no matter what they say lol.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

because theres prerty much no good long haul airliners in ms2020 

???

He says people were complaining because they wanted a decent long hauler in MSFS, inferring all they're getting is a 777.

So you're saying that they're complaining there isn't any good long haulers in MSFS whilst also complaining that they're getting a 777???

People are tying themselves up in knots trying to make sense of all the nonsense tbf. 

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Andrew2448 said:

And the crowd went wild for it...

spacer.png

[/sarcasm]

I don't remember there being a showcase video of the 737. It's usually all screenshots on the PMDG forum, so this 'first look' is progress for them.

Edit: Turns out PMDG created a 5-minute teaser video for the 737, though it was closer to an AviationLads style promo, than this 'first look' video of the 777.

Edited by F737MAX
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

46 minutes ago, dolbinau said:

I do find the criticism hilarious, because we all know that almost every single one of the complainers will be buying on day 1 and it'll become part of their regular rotation no matter what they say lol.

Truer words have never been spoken in Avsim.   I've said it many times that they will be the 1st ones in line to buy it the second it releases...wearing the paint off their F5 key on release day just to get their hands on it.

Those who say they won't are only lying to themselves (because we certainly don't believe them), or just confirmed they only come here to complain about something I have no intentions of buying and flying...that is a kind of person that must be fun at parties. 🤣

1 hour ago, threexgreen said:

I think what's often confused is constructive and non-constructive criticism, and when it comes to PMDG specifically, there's often an extraordinary amount of non-constructive criticism or general negativity that seems to be the default position for many and drowns out much of the constructive criticism

It seems to be 95% non-constructive (that may be a conservative estimate, LOL).  I think a better metric would be to measure the poster's demeanor in all flightsim forums and determine if they are simply a whiner for the sake of complaining about anything, or they have poignant, sometimes harsh, but mostly valid content in their statements. 

Frustration and impatience has a huge role in most replies, and I get that.  But being civil and courteous in your replies generally gets you much further if your true goal is to actually effect change or make valid points others can comment or expound on.

Saying "RSR is this or that", "PMDG is this or that" usually does nothing other than turn off the listening devices of folks who can actually make the changes, and ultimately just leads to piling on by the beta dogs in the pack...just waiting for the alpha to make the 1st insult so they can jump in.   

Such is the so-familiar pattern here lately when it comes to that four letter word (PMDG), that you can set your clock to the responses once the 1st insult arrives in the thread.  Its no wonder this once-awesome flightsim website has become what it is, and I won't repeat some of the insulting phrases its been called...both in other sites and here as well.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Posted (edited)

I'm sure it will be loved and a big success for PMDG, but does the gear animation look "low fps and clunky" - in the similar way (albeit to a lesser extent) to the ground services, cabin door animations etc on the 737?

Maybe recording from a theatre screen doesn't help, and it may be me due to all the times I've cringed watching the low-fi animations of the 737!

Edited by BMIBaby