Sign in to follow this  

45 minutes ago, deepstar said:

Updated XML file for NvidiaProfileInspector.

So much easier... simply choose the presets as needed... no need for multiple steps!

• Like 1

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

12 hours ago, GSalden said:

After being busy with work for a few days the simply replacing the 2 files now seems not enough as there are Presets ?

If I only replace those 2 files it will work right ?

This is what I was told: 
"MSFS will default to Preset C. You do need to force the preset. Remember, this DLSS v3.7 is for developers, not for users. So we need to do some things to get it working."

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, joemiller said:

On Nvidia Inspector, are those the only settings you need to change? 
Well, I tried everything exactly as in the video. But, at JFK with FenixA320, and  50% traffic I am getting a sorry FPS of 18 😞
And, of course lots of stuttering. I have an Intel 13900K and Nvidia 4080

I am using double wide 1440p which is almost like single wide 4K

total pixels:

1920 ✕ 1080    2,073,600    FHD / Full HD (1080p)
2560 ✕ 1440    3,686,400    WQHD  1440p
5260 x 1440     7,372,800  Doublewide 1440p <=====
3840 ✕ 2160    8,294,400    4K UHD    4K
7680 X 2160    16,588,800 Doublewide 4K

DLSS Qaulity, Render preset Ultra, LODs 200 and 400 (the maximum !!). I get 28 fps with 50% traffic in the Asobo v2 A320 at the default runway JFK.

But here's the thing: It is smooth, no stutters when I spin the plane around in outside view. Before these new 3.7 preset E it would stutter, not smooth.

"Spin the plane around": I created a profile in MSFS just for "spinning" tests. I just used the Duplicate Profile icon in MSFS to make a copy of my normal yoke profile. Except I removed 2 commands from the left and right position of one hat and replaced them with  these commands:

OUTSIDE VIEW: External View Look Right and External View Look Left

(these are the commands that by default are assigned to the mouse right button to spin the plane in outside view when you slide the mouse). So when I flick the hat switch in outside view, the plane spins around very fast. When I'm done testing I just switch back to the original profile.

My point is the difference using 3.7 preset E for smoothness and lack of stutters.

EDIT: You can't do a continuous spin test for say 10 seconds duration in one direction using a mouse. You can when the same command is mapped on a keyboard key or controller button.

Edited by Fielder
  • Like 3

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Fielder said:

My point is the difference using 3.7 preset E for smoothness and lack of stutters.

EDIT: You can't do a continuous spin test for say 10 seconds duration in one direction using a mouse. You can when the same command is mapped on a keyboard key or controller button.

Tested with which method to make things more clear inspector or the DLL tweaks method 😉

Edited by virtualstuff

André

Posted (edited)

Hmmmmm. I just went and used DLSS Swapper, and all seems to be fine. I suppose I could go into more detail with it all, but is that actually necessary?

75yBMV.png

Edited by HiFlyer

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Are there any presets at all that drastically reduce gauge ghosting?  I’ve tried so many combinations and I can’t seem to shake it to a usable state.

• Like 2

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

2 hours ago, deepstar said:

Updated XML file for NvidiaProfileInspector. The file is located under Optional Files. Download it, unzip and overwrite.

https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/781?tab=files

Excellent, thanks. 🙏 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, virtualstuff said:

Tested with which method to make things more clear inspector or the DLL tweaks method 😉

I used the DLL tweaks method. I'm sure Asobo has good reason to still have older versions of these .dll files in MSFS. But it seems to me that at some point, Asobo will update the .dll files in a sim update and everyone will have the benefits.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Posted (edited)

Ok thanks appreciated with the inspector method just tested with a night flight and preset E not satisfied with the quality. Ghosting and lights fluctuates between dim and bright with trackir when zooming in and out...
Find DLAA also less quality now, going to test the other method...
DLSS ghosting is most noticeable here local when conducting a night flight... ok off to do some more testing..

Edited by virtualstuff

André

Posted (edited)

Off topic, but I'm using a touchscreen monitor (15.6") to display the glass screens. It sets off to my right side with the main screens in front of me. I can easily read what the tapes are showing by slightly turning my head. (I also have a Knobster velcroed to my flight stick to turn the dials on the Garmins). Between the stick and throttle sits the Alpha Yoke. EDIT: With enough velcro the Knobster is solidly mounted, without using the included screws.

Edited by Fielder
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Hmmmmm. I just went and used DLSS Swapper, and all seems to be fine. I suppose I could go into more detail with it all, but is that actually necessary?

75yBMV.png

Looks good to me.

I can’t imagine that the default preset C is so less smooth and less nice to look at than preset E or F.

Here I use both default 3.7 files and where others start tweaking and testing I simply make nice flights ✈️ and enjoy it..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

DLSS DLL version 3.7 and preset left at default (N/A) seems to look and run best for me.

Preset E made things smear/ghost a bit, especially on light poles and gauges.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, GSalden said:

Here I use both default 3.7 files and where others start tweaking and testing I simply make nice flights ✈️ and enjoy it..

What is it with this aversion to tweaking and the borderline ridicule of people that enjoy doing so? Yes, you read that right. I’m a very weird person (obviously) as I do. Finding new ways to achieve the best results in performance and image quality has become a hobby within a hobby. 

Besides, I’ve spent a great deal of time answering questions and contributing here on Avsim since I returned from my absence. Even though I know the comment wasn’t directed at me personally, I still feel it’s unnecessary.

Have you ever considered all the precious flying time you’ve lost due to the many hours spent building your cockpit? Or that amazingly complicated PC setup you’ve built? I don’t ridicule that, in fact I admire that. In general, I have a great deal of respect for people that are passionate about what they do.

There’s no right or wrong way to enjoy this hobby is there?

Sorry if I come across as a bit salty @GSalden, it’s not particularly directed at you, just a general attitude here on Avsim at times.

I see a lot of people upvoted your comment. What are they doing in this thread? This thread is all about tweaking and testing! 😝

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

3 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

What is it with this aversion to tweaking and the borderline ridicule of people that enjoy doing so? Yes, you read that right. I’m a very weird person (obviously) as I do. Finding new ways to achieve the best results in performance and image quality has become a hobby within a hobby. 

Besides, I’ve spent a great deal of time answering questions and contributing here on Avsim since I returned from my absence. Even though I know the comment wasn’t directed at me personally, I still feel it’s unnecessary.

Have you ever considered all the precious flying time you’ve lost due to the many hours spent building your cockpit? Or that amazingly complicated PC setup you’ve built? I don’t ridicule that, in fact I admire that. In general, I have a great deal of respect for people that are passionate about what they do.

There’s no right or wrong way to enjoy this hobby is there?

Sorry if I come across as a bit salty @GSalden, it’s not particularly directed at you, just a general attitude here on Avsim at times.

Take it easy 😎

This is just a hobby…

Regarding tweaking : when MSFS was released we, including myself, were so happy with the good performance and the great visuals, compared to P3D were we tweaked and tuned , tweaked and tuned for many years to achieve that extra 2-3 fps or that slightly better looking scene.

I have spent almost 2 years on tweaking clouds, terrain , sky etc for PTA (P3D) which I released frequently on the PTA forum.

So MSFS was a breeze : no more tweaking 😀. Surely FSUIPC and now AutoFPS/Dynamic LOD are musthave apps. And there are a few more.

What I am saying is that multiple people (no names mentioned …) are again tweaking and tweaking again where they were so happy at first that they did not have to tweak again..

Repacing the DLSS files I do too, but when I read about E , F presets etc I got a P3D Tweak flashback 🤠 .

Summary : everyone does as he/she likes 👍🏻 

- - - 

Regarding building my cockpit : I had a simple setup downstairs so while building I was able to fly 😄

My cockpit started as my divorce-therapy but it got a little bit out of hand 🖐️ 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Take it easy 😎

This is just a hobby…

I know, I'm probably getting too edgy about this. I get like that when I'm passionate about something. Thanks for taking the time to answer my rant!

Regarding tweaking : when MSFS was released we, including myself, were so happy with the good performance and the great visuals, compared to P3D were we tweaked and tuned , tweaked and tuned for many years to achieve that extra 2-3 fps or that slightly better looking scene.

Even though my sim runs pretty perfect now, I'm not sure if it would, had I not invested so much time learning about what works and what doesn't. After all, it does runs pretty great at default settings. 

By the way (and I probably come across as half-mad for saying this) - I don't spend any less time tweaking and testing than I did in XP11 or FSX.

What I am saying is that multiple people (no names mentioned …) are again tweaking and tweaking again where they were so happy at first that they did not have to tweak again..

Sure, people do that. I do that. Heck, even though I have great performance, I tweak for the lowest frame time variance to get the smoothest experience. Not happy unless it's less than 0.1% (joke!). How crazy is that?

People also do a lot of other stuff that might come across as strange or unnecessary. What about meme painting? Or competitive duck herding? https://www.boredpanda.com/weird-hobbies/

Surely FSUIPC and now AutoFPS/Dynamic LOD are musthave apps. And there are a few more.

I think about it like this: If so many people had not spent their time helping Reset test his ground-breaking apps, I'm not sure they would be what they are today. That's one of the finest collaborative efforts I've seen here on Avsim. In total 183 pages (at least!) exists on this forum discussing DynamicLOD and AutoFPS. 

This great comment by Ray Proudfoot comes to mind:

On 3/13/2024 at 11:17 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Are you aware this is how FSUIPC was created many years ago? It takes a very clever person to disassemble a executable and analyse the contents. The original UIPC was created by Adam Zofran and then Pete Dowson developed his version from the work Adam had done.

He asked Microsoft for help but none was forthcoming. He battled on because with every new version variables were broken so work had to start again. Eventually after many years the Aces team decided to cooperate and Pete's life became a lot easier.

Without that effort flight sim 25+ years ago wouldn't have become what it is today. The development work passed to Pete's son John. These are very clever people whom we should all be very grateful to whatever sim you fly.

I don't in any way compare the above to changing DLSS presets 😄 It's just a great example of what enthusiasts can do in order to improve flight simming. 

Another fine example of tweaking and testing resulting in something extremely useful, is @Noels discovery of the RTSS edge sync method that resulted in another level of smoothness. I'm very grateful that he took the time to share this here on Avsim. He could have easily just kept it to himself and spent that time flying 😉 Sorry, my sarcasm is getting out of hand here 🙂

Repacing the DLSS files I do too, but when I read about E , F presets etc I got a P3D Tweak flashback 🤠 .

Testing different DLSS presets is probably pretty fringe - we might be in the 0.1% percentile on the Bell curve for doing so 🙂 In general, I think flight simming as a hobby is well below the 50th percentile 🙂

Regarding building my cockpit : I had a simple setup downstairs so while building I was able to fly 😄

My Lord, you built that cockpit while flying? Not at the same time though - to accomplish that you surely must have cloned yourself 🤪

My cockpit started as my divorce-therapy but it got a little bit out of hand 🖐️ 

Oh dear. I guess we do what works best. Sounds like time well spent to me! Not the slightest bit jealous of that cockpit of yours. Honestly 😄 

Summary : everyone does as he/she likes 👍🏻 

That we can agree on! 😄 

Again, I'm sorry (in a way) for my rant(s). As you say, I should probably take it easy - after all I did ridicule the loading screen thread in my recent video. A topic that doesn't interest me the slightest 🙂

Edited by Cpt_Piett