Sign in to follow this  
Bernard Ducret

TDFI MD11 nearing release with full feature

https://fselite.net/content/tfdi-design-md-11-feature-complete-nearing-release/

Is there any - positive or otherwise - feedback from early adopters at this stage before the "full feature" release? I never used a TDFI simulation before and could be interested by the MD 11 exceptionally (not very fond of airliners anymore in MSFS).

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

Posted (edited)

It looks atrocious, the model. Someone compared it to a Zeppelin, which was spot on...

EDIT: They changed the pictures in the aritcle at FSElite! "Update: we previously used images on this article that were not reflective of the latest version of the aircraft. We have replaced these images with ones of a later build. Image credit goes to Discord user SCOTSGOD."

Previously they were showing a totally overdone Lufthansa MD11. This is what I was referring to. Glad it's not the current state, the pictures now look better.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

It looks atrocious, the model. Someone compared it to a Zeppelin, which was spot on...

Haha! Then a DC-10 also has the looks of a long cigar a.k.a. Graf Zeppelin? I find it rather a nice shape that attracts the eye!

Seeing a trijet with that huge fat body roaring into the skies on takeoff is just pure Gold!

• Like 1

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Don't ALL airliner fuselages sort of resemble a Zeppelin?  I mean they're just big round tubes or cigars.

Do you mean the modelling and texturing isn't that good?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

13 minutes ago, Piotr007 said:

Haha! Then a DC-10 also has the looks of a long cigar a.k.a. Graf Zeppelin? I find it rather a nice shape that attracts the eye!

Seeing a trijet with that huge fat body roaring into the skies on takeoff is just pure Gold!

I mean the visible panel lines, not the shape. How they modelled them. And that awful weathering everywhere. The MD11 itself is a beautiful aircraft, don't get me wrong.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The PMDG MD-11 was my fave FSX bird. The sounds of the engines spooling up on my home audio studio sub-woofer got the neighbours running for cover.

Used it exclusively cargo as an excuse to land in some ridiculous places.

I hope they get it right. They are certainly pricing it high tier.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Russell Gough

SE London

spacer.png

29 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I agree it's weathered a little too much but otherwise I'd say it looks really nice 

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

12 minutes ago, Piotr007 said:

Just imagine being in the cockpit and pushing up the power. The roar passing 80% N1 letting you know she is ready. All of the shaking, rattles, squeaks and thumping as she builds her stride. The multiple variations of nose wheel sounds as you thunder ahead. As you do an almost two pump pull on the yoke and the nose smoothly raises. The instant shuddering and spin noises you hear as the nose wheels depart the earth. That feeling of being pulled into the seat as she leaps upward. The VVI going from 500fpm down during rotation to about 2500 to 3500fpm up. Once the gear is selected up, the sounds and squeals of the slip stream around the nose gear doors as they come closed. That rumble and shudder in the floor and seats as the nose wheels come contact with the nose wheel spin pads. The long drawn out variation of nose wheel spin as the spin pads slow them down. I've heard and felt the wheel spin as high as 10,000ft when those pads get worn out. Good times!!!!  

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

We didn't call her BIG sexy for nothing🤣

Edited by G550flyer
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

looks like an MD-11 to me

16 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I mean the visible panel lines, not the shape. How they modelled them. And that awful weathering everywhere. The MD11 itself is a beautiful aircraft, don't get me wrong.

Ah then I misunderstood the comment hehe😁.

I also hope it will be a nice addition to our flightsim world. For me a true Ace of the skies.

Cannot wait for it, I am considering ops with martinair (cargo), KLM pax/cargo and Lufthansa Cargo. Also Fedex/UPS of course.

• Upvote 1

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Looks like they tried to recreate this photo and the weathering

WAVaAN0.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

5 minutes ago, G550flyer said:

Just imagine being in the cockpit and pushing up the power. The roar passing 80% N1 letting you know she is ready. All of the shaking, rattles, squeaks and thumping as she builds her stride. The multiple variations of nose wheel sounds as you thunder ahead. As you do an almost two pump pull on the yoke and the nose smoothly raises. The instant shuddering and spin noises you hear as the nose wheels depart the earth. That feeling of being pulled into the seat as she leaps upward. The VVI going from 500fpm down during rotation to about 2500 to 3500fpm up. Once the gear is selected up, the sounds and squeals of the slip stream around the nose gear doors as they come closed. That rumble and shudder in the floor and seats as the nose wheels come contact with the nose wheel spin pads. The long drawn out variation of nose wheel spin as the spin pads slow them down. I've heard and felt the wheel spin as high as 10,000ft when those pads get worn out. Good times!!!!  

Hehe, imagine accurate failures being modeled and multiple "tire failure" on landing. The "woman" autopilot/AI sound will multiply for every tire that failed on landing🤣. Just like a YT video I recall..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Looks like they tried to recreate this photo and the weathering

WAVaAN0.png

I mean yes, I can see similarities. But I've seen MD11 for many years here at EDDF (Lufthansa Cargo) and they were in better shape 😄

Oh see they changed the article at FSElite! "Update: we previously used images on this article that were not reflective of the latest version of the aircraft. We have replaced these images with ones of a later build. Image credit goes to Discord user SCOTSGOD."

Previously they were showing a totally overdone Lufthansa MD11. The ones they put there now look better, yes.

32 minutes ago, G550flyer said:

All of the shaking, rattles, squeaks and thumping as she builds her stride

Along with the PMDG I had FS Realistic add the rumbles and shakes. Best description of that roll would be an earthquake at a tea party. Fabulous.

Russell Gough

SE London

spacer.png