Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New DLSS Version 310.7.128.0

Featured Replies

Which DLSS FG Preset works fine? A, B, NVIDIA recommended?

  • Replies 30
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Why? Because I only get like 40FPS on big hubs with unlimited FPS and no frame gen. Which was ok in 2006 back in FSX days on a 60Hz monitor. Now I am used to 144Hz and ideally, 144FPS. Something I onl

  • grandfred29
    grandfred29

    Someone on FB post .129 available

  • It does. But if you have tasted the beauty of more than 60Hz, you never go back 🤣 Add the fact that my VRR range only starts at 48Hz, you might understand why I cant run on 40FPS. And yes, the percept

why don't ya guys just use default nivida settings with SU6 and skip swapper etc autoFPS ? IVE been screaming this for weeks as seen here just use no tweaks

11 minutes ago, JETPETER300 said:

why don't ya guys just use default nivida settings with SU6 and skip swapper etc autoFPS ? IVE been screaming this for weeks as seen here just use no tweaks

Same, that's what works for me!

23 minutes ago, JETPETER300 said:

why don't ya guys just use default nivida settings with SU6 and skip swapper etc autoFPS ? IVE been screaming this for weeks as seen here just use no tweaks

Why? Because I only get like 40FPS on big hubs with unlimited FPS and no frame gen. Which was ok in 2006 back in FSX days on a 60Hz monitor. Now I am used to 144Hz and ideally, 144FPS. Something I only get with framegen. AutoFPS provides me good TLOD on the ground to gain performance and invests the overhead I have when flying at 36000ft into higher TLOD, resulting in better scenery depiction. DLSS finally helps me to get as rock stable FPS as possible. Something else?

Greetings, Chris

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D, 2x32GB DDR5 6000MT/s RAM, MSI RTX 4090 Ventus 3X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS2024

I tried the new DLSS files yesterday. Both performance and stability were reduced. I went back to 310.6 and preset K and performance and stability is back to solid. I also use DLAA instead of TAA and thus avoid problems about which others complain. This is with a single 1440p monitor. With 2 such monitors using Nvidia Surround, I have to use DLSS quality instead of DLAA. And DLSS Balanced in VR (Pimax Crystal Light).

Edited by Fielder

5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, one or two 1440p 32" screens, 64 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, VKB NXT EVO stick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel. Crystal Light VR.

 

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

Why? Because I only get like 40FPS on big hubs with unlimited FPS and no frame gen. Which was ok in 2006 back in FSX days on a 60Hz monitor. Now I am used to 144Hz and ideally, 144FPS. Something I only get with framegen. AutoFPS provides me good TLOD on the ground to gain performance and invests the overhead I have when flying at 36000ft into higher TLOD, resulting in better scenery depiction. DLSS finally helps me to get as rock stable FPS as possible. Something else?

This is why I have no intention of getting a fancy monitor any time soon. I have my framerate set to Unlimited, and would be perfectly happy with 40fps literally everywhere. In fact, I am not interested in checking my framerates. I get great performance at every airport that I have installed with MSFS 2024 SU6 (including super dense scenery areas like IniBuilds EGLL London Heathrow), and I do not even need to use frame generation.

In short, 40fps on a 60hz monitor is perfectly fine in MSFS 2024. It certainly looks vastly superior to FSX back in 2006.

Christopher Low

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D CPU / 64GB DDR5-6000 RAM / 12GB Nvidia RTX 4070 Super GPU / Gigabyte X870E Aorus Elite Wifi 7 / 1+2TB Samsung Evo Plus M2 Nvme

UK2000 Beta Tester

I use the swapper but I don't bother with the J or K or B settings. I just let windows and msfs figure it out.

Got tired of trying to figure out which one to use. Never saw a difference anyway.

AutoFPs I started using again I think 2 updates ago when when msfs messed up my system.

Things are going great right now so will wait to update the new file.

Easy to swap it back and forth though for those who want to.

Ron

MSFS 2024 -Too many airplanes to name. Too many airports to name.

2 hours ago, grandfred29 said:

Someone on FB post .129 available

it's in swapper

SN737

9 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

In short, 40fps on a 60hz monitor is perfectly fine in MSFS 2024. It certainly looks vastly superior to FSX back in 2006.

It does. But if you have tasted the beauty of more than 60Hz, you never go back 🤣 Add the fact that my VRR range only starts at 48Hz, you might understand why I cant run on 40FPS. And yes, the perception of smoothness is on a whole difference level when you have rock solid 128FPS compared to something around 40. Especially because you can nowadays, that is the nice thing of all those little tricks (DLSS, FG, Gsync).

Greetings, Chris

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D, 2x32GB DDR5 6000MT/s RAM, MSI RTX 4090 Ventus 3X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS2024

11 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

In short, 40fps on a 60hz monitor is perfectly fine in MSFS 2024. It certainly looks vastly superior to FSX back in 2006.

40 fps is no good at all if you use head tracking. I have a Freesynch 165 mhz monitor running at 1440, and run msfs at 60 fps, but need to use 2x FRG to get that comfortably at my high/ultra settings and DLAA.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia RTX5080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2024 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

3 hours ago, AnkH said:

It does. But if you have tasted the beauty of more than 60Hz, you never go back 🤣

That's why I prefer not to taste it for as long as I can 😁

Christopher Low

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D CPU / 64GB DDR5-6000 RAM / 12GB Nvidia RTX 4070 Super GPU / Gigabyte X870E Aorus Elite Wifi 7 / 1+2TB Samsung Evo Plus M2 Nvme

UK2000 Beta Tester

6 hours ago, cianpars said:

40 fps is no good at all if you use head tracking. I have a Freesynch 165 mhz monitor running at 1440, and run msfs at 60 fps, but need to use 2x FRG to get that comfortably at my high/ultra settings and DLAA.

As you have a 5080, try once 4x frame gen instead. you will end up with 120FPS which is even better and even more into the VRR range of your monitor.

Greetings, Chris

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D, 2x32GB DDR5 6000MT/s RAM, MSI RTX 4090 Ventus 3X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS2024

NVidia 616.56 available now too.

 9950X3D - X870E Aorus Master- TUF 5090 OC - 64GB DDR5 - 1500W HXi - Titan 360 RX LCD - 9100 Pro x 2  - LG 45GX950A - HOTAS Warthog with Ava Base

3 hours ago, AnkH said:

As you have a 5080, try once 4x frame gen instead. you will end up with 120FPS which is even better and even more into the VRR range of your monitor.

I find anything over 2x looks absolutely horrible. I've tried 3 4 5 and 6. I would prefer not to use framegen at all, but it's just not possible. I could use one of the dlss options, but I do not see enough of a framerate improvement to either negate framegen or that looks anywhere near as good as dlaa. I've experimented with just about everything over the past few months and dlaa with 2x framegen is about the best i can get.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia RTX5080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2024 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.