Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

September 2026 Developer Livestream

Featured Replies

The MSFS rolling cache is probably the most important piece of the puzzle.

dd

  • Replies 219
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Better FPS and Performance: at a HUGE cost of downgrading visuals. This is what has been happening and it's terrible. We know how LODs work (maybe some don't) but they didn't mention that they've kill

  • usernamerequired
    usernamerequired

    Here's an AI breakdown: Sim Update 7 Planned release: October 13, 2026. Includes the free National Championship Air Races mode. Continued performance, stability and crash improvements. Career-mode

  • St Mawgan
    St Mawgan

    Currently on my way from KABQ to KVGT in the Citation X and genuinely feeling sorry for those who only see the negative. I can see the 14 year old me and his Psion Flight Simulator on his Spectrum an

18 hours ago, Inventing Spirit said:

I am not sure why it looks like that. Some config must be off. Without doing anything special and hardly ever caring about settings, mine looks like this:

IQRTcG4s56EmQ5BTdnbKF-JeAeQbV9za7UGid6o5

In principal, the transmission chain for the aerial tiles from ms cloud servers to the screen is long and many potential bottlenecks could pop up along it. But in general I don't see HUGE issues and your issue quite likely is caused by something else than "general downgrading to suit consoles".

This is 2024 SU7 beta? What are your exact settings? Texture resolution? TLOD?

What CPU and GPU?

And I agree with you then... that is night and day from what I've been seeing. Maybe it's something to do with the beta. I'm going to clear my rolling cache, make a dummy folder and run without for now. Maybe there's bad cloud data somewhere.

Edited by ryanbatc

| My Liveries | FAA ZMP | PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 64GB 6000 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

 

 

Mine absolutely and undeniably looks better than 2020 ever did at 300/200 which is how I had it there too. And I would not put up with the blurry images I've seen here which are definitely not from Asobo's side or we would all be seeing that.

 9950X3D - X870E Aorus Master- TUF 5090 OC - 64GB DDR5 - 1500W HXi - Titan 360 RX LCD - 9100 Pro x 2  - LG 45GX950A - HOTAS Warthog with Ava Base

1 hour ago, St Mawgan said:

Mine absolutely and undeniably looks better than 2020 ever did at 300/200 which is how I had it there too. And I would not put up with the blurry images I've seen here which are definitely not from Asobo's side or we would all be seeing that.

I think its corrupt cloud data somewhere. I've got a few other guys I chat with on discord that have similar issues. All in the USA.

It's definitely not as nice as 2020's 512x512. No one has that anymore. I think that cost them too much bandwidth.

But clearly this is an issue somewhere between the server and my PC.

edit: For reference that guy with the PC12 pic - that's actually TIN aerials mixed with default buildings. TIN is always a bit sharper. I did a few tests in that area (LSZC) and there's an ugly boundary between TIN and standard aerial imagery. When you move the camera away it does become very blurry very quickly. This is what has changed since the release of the sim.

Since when we fly we are mostly viewing to the sides this difference is more noticeable. When you take a super wide angle pic like the PC12 it's hard to notice how burry things become. This is why the default camera is also so wide angle... so people won't notice the melted TIN buildings vs zooming in.

Anyway, people will see what they want to see - youll have to click on the pic to enlarge to get a real comparison. On the top we can see hay bales and probably sheep next to that smaller road on the right. And then its a blurry mess when I moved the drone back just a little. However, note that the TIN aerials are still about the same sharpness.

LODcompareMSFS_LSZC

Edited by ryanbatc

| My Liveries | FAA ZMP | PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 64GB 6000 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

 

 

On 9/30/2026 at 10:49 AM, ryanbatc said:

You don't see that at TLOD 100? Others I talk to on discord see that. I don't use AutoFPS, it's been disabled for a while. I also don't use dynamic settings.

I wonder if it's a server setting then. Because mine used to look phenomenal but about every other SU they downgrade. Are you guys all on SU7 beta? I don't think it was this bad with SU6.

@Christopher Low @lwt1971

This is how amazing 2020 looked before they downgraded the tiles from 512 to 256. Wow! It was the pinnacle of what we had. Even with autofps and TLOD forced to 800 I've been unable to achieve this.

This is not TIN, just regular aerials/sat.

blackcub2nearSGS

Ryan, do you have any co-ords for your blurry shot(s). I’d be happy to compare a few snaps from my rig.

21 minutes ago, UrgentSiesta said:

Ryan, do you have any co-ords for your blurry shot(s). I’d be happy to compare a few snaps from my rig.

It's not necessarily that the imagery is blurry when directly below the camera, it's that the radius at which it becomes blurry has shortened (over various SU's). This is why I say TLOD 400 feels like 200 (or even less now). This is near Buochs Airport, I think it's LSZC. There's two aerial image sets and you'll see the stark difference because one is TIN and one is regular satellite/aerial. I think my pics are close to the town of Ennetmoos (just west of Buochs)

When I used to run AutoFPS, I cranked the TLOD to like 800 and even the point at which trees loaded was nearly at the horizon... even if I force 800 now with AF, it's much shorter and I can see trees fading in as I fly.

Most likely I notice this because I very rarely fly airliners, and usually fly something sporty and fast (and low!) and just look out the window. Most of my simming is very local - only a few states radius from my home state, places I've seen or been to irl. I basically repeat similar flights quite often. So I've watched the degradation in the terrain tiles.

Another reason is because I do a lot of repaints, and I use the Drone camera. I need to take screenshots to "sell" my liveries. Most users probably don't use that. In drone view one can really zoom in, and see how blurry things are. It's much harder to notice from wide angle pics like the PC12 pic in low lighting above.

| My Liveries | FAA ZMP | PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 64GB 6000 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

 

 

@ryanbatc Don't know if it helps, I didn't change anything on my setup for these screen shots (MSFS AutoFPS displayed TLOD 590 OLOD 225 when screenshoting) and I wasn't able to find the exact same spot as your pic, so positionned myself at the edge of the two satellite imagery. The nord image is low res/quality compared to the south side but I don't see the same blurryness as on your screen, if I'm not mistaken.

LdS2Jn.png

iGUC3i.png

6gQy4t.png

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.
Check my free MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/trending and my hardware configuration.

Is that a joint line between Bing photoscenery and a photogrammetry area? That kind of visible joint line between two sets of ground images is the kind of thing that drives me nuts.

Christopher Low

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D CPU / 64GB DDR5-6000 RAM / 12GB Nvidia RTX 4070 Super GPU / Gigabyte X870E Aorus Elite Wifi 7 / 1+2TB Samsung Evo Plus M2 Nvme

UK2000 Beta Tester

I watched the vid again and Jorg said that there are 7000 titles in the MarketPlace. Sheesh!

dd

Edited by Sky_Pilot071

  • Commercial Member
On 10/2/2026 at 3:29 PM, ryanbatc said:

This is 2024 SU7 beta? What are your exact settings? Texture resolution? TLOD?

No beta. My settings are default mostly because I did care a lot. Mostly High, rarely Ultra. TLOD 350. RTX 5080.

On 10/2/2026 at 5:06 PM, ryanbatc said:

For reference that guy with the PC12 pic - that's actually TIN aerials mixed with default buildings. TIN is always a bit sharper. I did a few tests in that area (LSZC) and there's an ugly boundary between TIN and standard aerial imagery. When you move the camera away it does become very blurry very quickly. This is what has changed since the release of the sim.

I even think it is a VEXCEL area, so not entirely representative, I agree.

https://1drv.ms/i/c/f1400f7c5c298e1c/IQD8a8x-NsN3Qo4t2s2d1L-gAfbs5BAZvCJZp6775HR0l9A

But, I made a few more screenshots, also with drone camera (the shoots are showcasing a livery I did too), wide and narrow angles, at other places. Can anybody see a systematic issue?

IQRCzH51aBrITY2Xu9oCQGhsAUT6EpGWbpdmaRu0

IQRoLcD_2ZLsQYc5Ix_CxTVPAUmapJV9KAirg2JZ

IQQ2mRmUydZ-S7IKVRg6v6ZjAb89yc3xQxwnBvfH

IQTm4fFi_iCESJ2F5osYvSwRAZYGfZJcEqE7xKaC

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.