Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

September 2026 Developer Livestream

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

I wanted to come back to this. Sadly I don't have any TLOD 100 pics from 2024's initial release (but it was far more crisp and clear). But what I have here is awful. It's like FSX-era all over. This is only 6000 ft! And directly beneath my plane is the sharpest! When you look to the sides its even worse. These tiles are outside of the TIN areas (those seem to load a little sharper but the warped and melted buildings are really bad).

Sad.

TLOD100_6k_SU7

Are you sure you have "dynamic settings" disabled? I only get blurry textures to this extend with that enabled, without it's fine.

  • Replies 219
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Better FPS and Performance: at a HUGE cost of downgrading visuals. This is what has been happening and it's terrible. We know how LODs work (maybe some don't) but they didn't mention that they've kill

  • usernamerequired
    usernamerequired

    Here's an AI breakdown: Sim Update 7 Planned release: October 13, 2026. Includes the free National Championship Air Races mode. Continued performance, stability and crash improvements. Career-mode

  • St Mawgan
    St Mawgan

    Currently on my way from KABQ to KVGT in the Citation X and genuinely feeling sorry for those who only see the negative. I can see the 14 year old me and his Psion Flight Simulator on his Spectrum an

My ground textures definitely do not look like that, Ryan.

Christopher Low

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D CPU / 64GB DDR5-6000 RAM / 12GB Nvidia RTX 4070 Super GPU / Gigabyte X870E Aorus Elite Wifi 7 / 1+2TB Samsung Evo Plus M2 Nvme

UK2000 Beta Tester

14 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

My ground textures definitely do not look like that, Ryan.

Nor mine - not even close. @ryanbatc, I know we run different res screens, but that can't account for the kind of difference I see here.

Scott

1 hour ago, outermarker said:

Are you sure you have "dynamic settings" disabled? I only get blurry textures to this extend with that enabled, without it's fine.

Ya was wondering if that's the case, or if AutoFPS is involved.

I certainly haven't seen that kind of ground textures in my setup either (And I don't use 2024's dynamic lod/settings nor AutoFPS).

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS

1 hour ago, tttocs said:

Nor mine - not even close. @ryanbatc, I know we run different res screens, but that can't account for the kind of difference I see here.

Scott

You don't see that at TLOD 100? Others I talk to on discord see that. I don't use AutoFPS, it's been disabled for a while. I also don't use dynamic settings.

I wonder if it's a server setting then. Because mine used to look phenomenal but about every other SU they downgrade. Are you guys all on SU7 beta? I don't think it was this bad with SU6.

@Christopher Low @lwt1971

This is how amazing 2020 looked before they downgraded the tiles from 512 to 256. Wow! It was the pinnacle of what we had. Even with autofps and TLOD forced to 800 I've been unable to achieve this.

This is not TIN, just regular aerials/sat.

blackcub2nearSGS

Edited by ryanbatc

| My Liveries | FAA ZMP | PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 64GB 6000 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

 

 

Make sure you are not running an auto fps app and set LOD to 200. Then leave it alone.

dd

8 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Make sure you are not running an auto fps app and set LOD to 200. Then leave it alone.

dd

I'm not. I'd have to set 400 to get it looking reasonable. 200 is a blurry mess

| My Liveries | FAA ZMP | PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 64GB 6000 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

 

 

2 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I'm not. I'd have to set 400 to get it looking reasonable. 200 is a blurry mess

Therein exists the problem.

dd

Edited by Sky_Pilot071

2 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Therein exists the problem.

dd

Thanks for your wise words of wisdom

| My Liveries | FAA ZMP | PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 64GB 6000 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

 

 

Well you figured it out. Why LOD 200 on your rig is not good is another question.

Note: the answer is not that Seb wants tp lose players.

dd

Edited by Sky_Pilot071

My TLOD and OLOD settings are at 250/200 respectively. I do not change them at any time.

Christopher Low

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D CPU / 64GB DDR5-6000 RAM / 12GB Nvidia RTX 4070 Super GPU / Gigabyte X870E Aorus Elite Wifi 7 / 1+2TB Samsung Evo Plus M2 Nvme

UK2000 Beta Tester

  • Commercial Member
On 9/30/2026 at 7:28 PM, ryanbatc said:

Sad.

TLOD100_6k_SU7

I am not sure why it looks like that. Some config must be off. Without doing anything special and hardly ever caring about settings, mine looks like this:

IQRTcG4s56EmQ5BTdnbKF-JeAeQbV9za7UGid6o5

In principal, the transmission chain for the aerial tiles from ms cloud servers to the screen is long and many potential bottlenecks could pop up along it. But in general I don't see HUGE issues and your issue quite likely is caused by something else than "general downgrading to suit consoles".

Edited by Inventing Spirit

21 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

You don't see that at TLOD 100? Others I talk to on discord see that. I don't use AutoFPS, it's been disabled for a while. I also don't use dynamic settings.

I wonder if it's a server setting then. Because mine used to look phenomenal but about every other SU they downgrade. Are you guys all on SU7 beta? I don't think it was this bad with SU6.

@Christopher Low @lwt1971

This is how amazing 2020 looked before they downgraded the tiles from 512 to 256. Wow! It was the pinnacle of what we had. Even with autofps and TLOD forced to 800 I've been unable to achieve this.

This is not TIN, just regular aerials/sat.

blackcub2nearSGS

I remembered this last night and took a good look while in a low level flight.

My sim looks a LOT more like your second pic than first. 🤙

And FWIW, I do have dynamic settings enabled (whatever the in-game thing is called).

Maybe a Rolling Cache issue? Have you tried nuking that and re-enabling yet…?

Edited by UrgentSiesta

Here are my recently updated settings that run TLOD 200 / OLOD 150 well.

AMD 5900X, 5060TI 16GB, Dynamic FG:ON, Ingame Dynamic mode: OFF, Ingame Max FPS: NONE, VSYNC: OFF, GSYNC: ON, ULTRAWIDE 3440 Resolution, Texture Resolution: ULTRA, ADDONS: HJET, Phenom and several airports. Also Bijans trees.

With these we hover between 150-170 FPS TLOD stays at 200 and MSFS stays awesome.

Also, if the TLOD never changes then your roaming cache should always be current. Just thinking that you don't want multiple TLOD objects in the cache for the same thing.

dd

Edited by Sky_Pilot071

20 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Here are my recently updated settings that run TLOD 200 / OLOD 150 well.

AMD 5900X, 5060TI 16GB, Dynamic FG:ON, Ingame Dynamic mode: OFF, Ingame Max FPS: NONE, VSYNC: OFF, GSYNC: ON, ULTRAWIDE 3440 Resolution, Texture Resolution: ULTRA, ADDONS: HJET, Phenom and several airports. Also Bijans trees.

With these we hover between 150-170 FPS TLOD stays at 200 and MSFS stays awesome.

dd

You’re just showing off!!! 😁🤙

Im basically a generation behind that:

5600x, 4070 12gb, 64gb RAM, & dedicated NVME’s for OS & game. And I keep my rolling cache on my X-Plane nvme just for good measure

TLOD/OLOD: same as you

FG ON, (performance)

Dynamic ON, target 40fps

2K resolution on a 30-ish inch non-gaming Samsung display (I like effects more than tiny details)

Most of my settings are HIGH rather than ULTRA.

Overall a very good experience (for me).

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.