Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

September 2026 Developer Livestream

Featured Replies

Starting soon

Twitch
No image preview

MSFSofficial - Live on Twitch

September 2026 Developer Livestream | Microsoft Flight Simulator | Streaming microsoft flight simulator 2024.
  • Replies 219
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Better FPS and Performance: at a HUGE cost of downgrading visuals. This is what has been happening and it's terrible. We know how LODs work (maybe some don't) but they didn't mention that they've kill

  • usernamerequired
    usernamerequired

    Here's an AI breakdown: Sim Update 7 Planned release: October 13, 2026. Includes the free National Championship Air Races mode. Continued performance, stability and crash improvements. Career-mode

  • St Mawgan
    St Mawgan

    Currently on my way from KABQ to KVGT in the Citation X and genuinely feeling sorry for those who only see the negative. I can see the 14 year old me and his Psion Flight Simulator on his Spectrum an

Better FPS and Performance: at a HUGE cost of downgrading visuals. This is what has been happening and it's terrible. We know how LODs work (maybe some don't) but they didn't mention that they've killed the distances server side. 400 used to be 400 and now its like 200 at best, even though it's still labeled 400 in the GUI.

They mention more optimizations in SU7 beta and beyond. I'm not interested in running a FSX-looking sim in the year 2026. I don't want better FPS with less visuals!

I understand console is why there IS a sim. But why in the world should me and my 4000 USD system be penalized because someone running an Xbox from 6-8 years ago can't run it at the same quality? A 4000 PC and a 600 USD xbox will NEVER look the same (now it's more like 7000 USD and 1500 USD thanks to AI.... sigh). People have too high of expectations.

We need totally separate GUI for consoles and PC. Or they need a way to grey out high end options for consoles.

EDIT: I stood by MSFS 2024 upon release, but right now its severely downgraded visuals are a MAJOR issue. XP12, which I've flown quite a bit in the last week, looks FAR better for scenery (freeware XPME), clouds, atmosphere than 2024 is currently at. Anti aliasing has been improved but it's not quite as nice as TAA or DLAA in 2024. There's just a major lack of addons in XP12 - it's really why I stay in 2024. But at the rate of killing off visuals in 2024, I can't say I'm going to support 2024 moving forward.

EDIT v2: But then the Praetor... DANG IT... I'll have to stay for the Praetor...looks in depth!

Edited by ryanbatc

| My Liveries | FAA ZMP | PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 64GB 6000 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

 

 

11 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I understand console is why there IS a sim. But why in the world should me and my 4000 USD system be penalized because someone running an Xbox from 6-8 years ago can't run it at the same quality?

Are you 100% sure the console versions are the cause?

Edited by Krakin

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RX  9070XT.

  • Author

Jorg seemed to imply the DC-3 would get its own dedicated rework.

next world update is Poland and the Baltics. Apprently Poland was the most requested country after Brazil.

image

Next Local Legend is the AN-28 made by Andrei Tsvirenko/AT Simulations

Edited by Tuskin38

Aaaand even the showcase is having issues... lol. Feel bad for the dev but at the same time the what really needs to be discussed are the issues the community are complaining about.

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 9800X3D/ Asus ROG Strix B650E F Gaming WiFi / Asrock Taichi 9070XT / 32GB G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200 Pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / Seasonic Vertex 1000w PSU / Lian Li LanCool II Mesh Performance / Asus VG34VQL3A / Topping E70 Velvet DAC & L70 Amp /Sennheiser HD660s2

Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke + TCA Sidestick + TFRP Rudders

  • Author

Lockheed apparently doesn't want to work with Microsoft.

the main Polish aircraft producer is tied to Lockheed, which is why the Local Legends wasn't a Polish made aircraft.

Edited by Tuskin38

  • Author

Updated road map. City Update 17 has been pushed to 2027, and they'll be doing a 'Livery Update' instead, which sounds like will be adding a bunch of new Licensed liveries. Presumedly to the usable aircraft, not AI.

image

Next Dev Q&A will be in November, and will have a basic roadmap for 2027.

The updated racing gamemode will be free for everyone. it will include both the old Reno races and the new Roswell Races.

The Base aircraft pack will be free for everyone, and the complete pack will be lowered from 60 to 40 USD

Edited by Tuskin38

I know from the main MSFS forum that many questions were submitted regarding the Live WX regressions and cloud/atmospheric/visibility depictions. They cherry picked one question about API access to the WX system that started with "Live weather is working well...". It's not working well! The question was again met with confused silence by the Devs and Jorg finally chimes in and brushes it off as usual. So do not expect any improvements to Live Wx system, cloud depiction, 3rd party LiveWX API access, etc anytime in the near future. Also, the AI traffic landing gear culling issue was also met with silence and confusion. But they did talk at length about light houses, LED lights in Praetor cabin and avatars...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 5070ti OC, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, Titan 240RX AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

  • Author

AAU6 will focus on German aircraft, as shown in the roadmap. Not sure who did the updates, inibuilds was specifically mentioned for the Do-31, but they also made the 2020 Do-31.

Guess we'll find out on the 29th, if they release on time.

1 minute ago, Flic1 said:

, cloud depiction,

Jorg said they were working that.

Edited by Tuskin38

Carenado 206 - will it have a working TDS GTNxi glide path? I'm guessing, not if they do Aspen as an option.

All their panels look the same... C182Q/RG, C210, C206. Like maybe try a more modern panel for the 206 or something. It's not a junky C172 lol.

| My Liveries | FAA ZMP | PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 64GB 6000 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

 

 

8 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

AAU6 will focus on German aircraft, as shown in the roadmap.

Jorg said they were working that.

Regarding the cloud depiction. I hope I am right but the way he answered it was as if they do have something big going on regarding wx but it's just too early to show

David 

 

  • Author

Jorg said ini are working on big updates for the A330 (as hinted by some ini employees recently), but they won't be professional/payware level changes.

So I don't expect A340 quality I assume.

He said they did this one their own, Microsoft didn't ask them to do this.

Edited by Tuskin38

3 minutes ago, DaveS said:

Regarding the cloud depiction. I hope I am right but the way he answered it was as if they do have something big going on regarding wx but it's just too early to show

It is possible. He has said this before though and it was not very convincing. I think if there is improvement in this area, it will be the selling point for MSFS 2028/2030 or whatever next version is. They would need something big to pull people to the next version and I think that would be the thing...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 5070ti OC, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, Titan 240RX AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

Better FPS and Performance: at a HUGE cost of downgrading visuals. This is what has been happening and it's terrible. We know how LODs work (maybe some don't) but they didn't mention that they've killed the distances server side. 400 used to be 400 and now its like 200 at best, even though it's still labeled 400 in the GUI.

They mention more optimizations in SU7 beta and beyond. I'm not interested in running a FSX-looking sim in the year 2026. I don't want better FPS with less visuals!

I understand console is why there IS a sim. But why in the world should me and my 4000 USD system be penalized because someone running an Xbox from 6-8 years ago can't run it at the same quality? A 4000 PC and a 600 USD xbox will NEVER look the same (now it's more like 7000 USD and 1500 USD thanks to AI.... sigh). People have too high of expectations.

We need totally separate GUI for consoles and PC. Or they need a way to grey out high end options for consoles.

EDIT: I stood by MSFS 2024 upon release, but right now its severely downgraded visuals are a MAJOR issue. XP12, which I've flown quite a bit in the last week, looks FAR better for scenery (freeware XPME), clouds, atmosphere than 2024 is currently at. Anti aliasing has been improved but it's not quite as nice as TAA or DLAA in 2024. There's just a major lack of addons in XP12 - it's really why I stay in 2024. But at the rate of killing off visuals in 2024, I can't say I'm going to support 2024 moving forward.

EDIT v2: But then the Praetor... DANG IT... I'll have to stay for the Praetor...looks in depth!

I feel the same, but not interested in XP.👍🏽👍🏽

Bill McIntyre

Asus StrixB650E-F Gamer, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, Corsair Titanium DDR5 64GB, Samsung 990 PRO-4TB M.2, (4) 2TB SSD's, Corsair H1150i liquid cooler, RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, (2) LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case. MSFS 2024, WIN11 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

16 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

AAU6 will focus on German aircraft, as shown in the roadmap. Not sure who did the updates, inibuilds was specifically mentioned for the Do-31, but they also made the 2020 Do-31.

Guess we'll find out on the 29th, if they release on time.

Jorg said they were working that.

IDK - the clouds are looking pretty awesome today.

dd

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.