September 17Sep 17 6 hours ago, ryanbatc said:Better FPS and Performance: at a HUGE cost of downgrading visuals. This is what has been happening and it's terrible.When do you believe this started 'happening', to the point where you can ascribe a HUGE cost to this? I'm guessing you're thinking this because you do a lot of low and slow, versus myself flying mainly airliners. Most of the time visuals look great but perhaps that is because of the altitude I'm flying more often than not. That being said I've always wondered why the heck MS/A didn't really plan to offer both consoles and PC their own range of variable controls commensurate with processing power. It does not follow in my mind that console crowd would be miffed because they don't have identical options/ranges that strong PCs have. In fact, if anything it could act as an incentive to move to PC. THAT...should be the stark question posed to MS/A at these livestreams: why have you not tailored control to both platforms? NoelSystem: 9900X3D Noctua NH-D15 G2, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL 64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Front Edge Sync.Aircraft used in MSFS 2024: Fenix A320, Aerosoft CRJs, I-Fly 737 MAX 8, PMDG 777-200LR, Citation Longitude.
September 17Sep 17 33 minutes ago, Noel said:Right now what we have is very plausible visually and there is no way we will see anything substantially better until such time as a new rendering paradigm arrives to get around the massive performance burden of 3D voxel cloud rendering, or a major advance in hardware. IOW, get over it there is NO WAY they can make it much better than it already is.I wonder how much of the weather is processed locally vs server side, and if Asobo is getting pressure from MS to limit server usage to make way for more AI.Honestly, with the current uncertainty behind the Xbox platform as a whole, I am less worried about what possible improvements may be shelved for MSFS 2028 and more worried about whether we'll have ANY version of MSFS 5 years from now.
September 17Sep 17 5 minutes ago, Funky D said:Honestly, with the current uncertainty behind the Xbox platform as a whole, I am less worried about what possible improvements may be shelved for MSFS 2028 and more worried about whether we'll have ANY version of MSFS 5 years from now.OTOH they have announced the next gen Xbox, Project Helix, with a big jump in processing power so perhaps this was at some level in the planning cards--IOW, they believed they would crank out hardware that will be on relative parity with high end PCs now:Leaked and Rumored Hardware SpecificationsCPU Architecture: Rumored to use an AMD Zen 6 hybrid setup (combining performance cores and efficient Zen 6c cores) clocking past 4–5 GHz. YouTube·MaDz Gaming +1GPU Architecture: Expected to feature an AMD RDNA 5 chip with around 68 compute units. tech-insider.org +1Memory: Estimated to pack between 24GB and 48GB of high-speed GDDR7 RAM on a 192-bit bus. VICE +1AI and Ray Tracing: Projected to include a dedicated NPU capable of high TOPS alongside a 5x–6x increase in rasterization and up to 20x the ray tracing throughput of the Xbox Series X. Wccftech +2Power and Design: Estimated power draw (TDP) sits around 250–350W, pointing to a larger, enthusiast-grade console-PC hybrid system. VICE +2 NoelSystem: 9900X3D Noctua NH-D15 G2, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL 64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Front Edge Sync.Aircraft used in MSFS 2024: Fenix A320, Aerosoft CRJs, I-Fly 737 MAX 8, PMDG 777-200LR, Citation Longitude.
September 17Sep 17 6 hours ago, ryanbatc said:Carenado 206 - will it have a working TDS GTNxi glide path? I'm guessing, not if they do Aspen as an option.All their panels look the same... C182Q/RG, C210, C206. Like maybe try a more modern panel for the 206 or something. It's not a junky C172 lol.It’s rather a yawn inducing aircraft, IMHO. A somewhat bigger, somewhat faster 172/182… 🤷♂️C210T is more interesting, with c337 genuinely cool (what I’d give for an A2A 337!). 🤙I mean, these guys had an impressively broad portfolio in FSX/P3D. I feel like they’ve given up a Lot of ground to other devs in MSFS
September 17Sep 17 1 hour ago, Funky D said:I wonder how much of the weather is processed locally vs server side, and if Asobo is getting pressure from MS to limit server usage to make way for more AI.Honestly, with the current uncertainty behind the Xbox platform as a whole, I am less worried about what possible improvements may be shelved for MSFS 2028 and more worried about whether we'll have ANY version of MSFS 5 years from now.Nothings processed on the server. The information is pulled down to your desktop and rendered there. I stand to be corrected, but I don’t think there’s any uncertainty about the Xbox other than it’s later than planned.It’s perhaps a good reason why they shouldn’t be doing full custom architectures. Or at least have two product lines, one for ease of updates, one for optimized whatever…
September 17Sep 17 5 hours ago, Noel said:OTOH they have announced the next gen Xbox, Project Helix, with a big jump in processing power so perhaps this was at some level in the planning cards--IOW, they believed they would crank out hardware that will be on relative parity with high end PCs now:Leaked and Rumored Hardware SpecificationsCPU Architecture: Rumored to use an AMD Zen 6 hybrid setup (combining performance cores and efficient Zen 6c cores) clocking past 4–5 GHz. YouTube·MaDz Gaming +1GPU Architecture: Expected to feature an AMD RDNA 5 chip with around 68 compute units. tech-insider.org +1Memory: Estimated to pack between 24GB and 48GB of high-speed GDDR7 RAM on a 192-bit bus. VICE +1AI and Ray Tracing: Projected to include a dedicated NPU capable of high TOPS alongside a 5x–6x increase in rasterization and up to 20x the ray tracing throughput of the Xbox Series X. Wccftech +2Power and Design: Estimated power draw (TDP) sits around 250–350W, pointing to a larger, enthusiast-grade console-PC hybrid system. VICE +2The problem is that with the ever increasing demand for chips driven by AI, there's essentially no way Microsoft can keep the next-gen Xbox under $1000, so MSFS28 would be for a console that'll be very difficult to afford, or PC's that are even less affordable than the $1000+ Xbox, and flight sims are enough of a niche genre that I wouldn't be at all surprised if MS decides to wait a couple of years to see where things go with hardware costs and the entire Xbox division being a bit of a question mark at the moment before they commit to a new flight simulator.
September 17Sep 17 11 hours ago, Maxis said:According to Seb.. If it the object switches to an lod without gears then they need to be modeled to be seen at longer distanceHe is totally correct. I use the AIG packages and almost none of the included aircraft suffer the problem. But a few select ones do very much. It's particularly bad with the 787.
September 17Sep 17 Rather embarassing how obvious it gets when watching the vid that Seb has absolutely no clue what Chewwy is talking about in regard of the AI landing gear issue. How can that be, seriously... I do not have enough hands for the facepalm level this triggers... Greetings, Chris AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D, 2x32GB DDR5 6000MT/s RAM, MSI RTX 4090 Ventus 3X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS2024
September 17Sep 17 I’m starting to think that 2024 will be the last Microsoft flight simulator I’ll use. I’m getting fed up with all of this. 13600KF - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - UW1440p GSync - USB DAC/Amp - 2TB NVMe+2TB SSD - Windows 11 - Gladiator NXT EVO - 1 Gbps Fiber - MSFS 2024
September 17Sep 17 Currently on my way from KABQ to KVGT in the Citation X and genuinely feeling sorry for those who only see the negative. I can see the 14 year old me and his Psion Flight Simulator on his Spectrum and little black and white TV he bought himself after saving his milk round money for months and months and then I look at what is before me now. I'm so glad I can see what some of you can't. 9950X3D - X870E Aorus Master- TUF 5090 OC - 64GB DDR5 - 1500W HXi - Titan 360 RX LCD - 9100 Pro x 2 - LG 45GX950A - HOTAS Warthog with Ava Base
September 17Sep 17 33 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:genuinely feeling sorry for those who only see the negativeThat is true, I am not that negative considering the MSFS2024 as full product taking into account ALL it can provide. It is my number one sim, I love it, flightsimming was never better and did never look better for me. But that doesnt mean everything is gold, no? Of course I can live with the missing AI landing gear, but it remains THE number one immersion killer for me when doing flights in and out of big hubs using AI traffic. Lets be honest: the sim looks like a photoreal rendition of the world, even more now with DLSS5, and yet there are such little bugs having such a huge impact. That is just... a shame? Nothing more or less... Greetings, Chris AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D, 2x32GB DDR5 6000MT/s RAM, MSI RTX 4090 Ventus 3X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS2024
September 17Sep 17 1 hour ago, JetClipperJR said:I’m starting to think that 2024 will be the last Microsoft flight simulator I’ll use. I’m getting fed up with all of this.I'm certainly getting fed up with the constant nagging negativity in parts of the community I look so forward to be just spending this afternoon flying the A380.
Create an account or sign in to comment