Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

September 2026 Developer Livestream

Featured Replies

Live weather out of KORS today and the clouds look even better than yesterday. MSFS 2024 is improving by the day.

Cheers

dd

  • Replies 219
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Better FPS and Performance: at a HUGE cost of downgrading visuals. This is what has been happening and it's terrible. We know how LODs work (maybe some don't) but they didn't mention that they've kill

  • usernamerequired
    usernamerequired

    Here's an AI breakdown: Sim Update 7 Planned release: October 13, 2026. Includes the free National Championship Air Races mode. Continued performance, stability and crash improvements. Career-mode

  • St Mawgan
    St Mawgan

    Currently on my way from KABQ to KVGT in the Citation X and genuinely feeling sorry for those who only see the negative. I can see the 14 year old me and his Psion Flight Simulator on his Spectrum an

2 hours ago, simsuper80 said:

But that's the thing, I'm not even trying to look for it. I just find it so glaringly obvious that it becomes very annoying and disappointing.

For your mental health, try not focusing on aircraft so far away. You already know what you will see when you do that, and you clearly find it disturbing. There is way to much wonderment to let something like this get to you. Again, you already understand it's there and hasn't yet been addressed.

Noel

System:  9900X3D Noctua NH-D15 G2, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL  64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Front Edge Sync.

Aircraft used in MSFS 2024:  Fenix A320,  Aerosoft CRJs, I-Fly 737 MAX 8, PMDG 777-200LR, Citation Longitude.

 

42 minutes ago, Noel said:

For your mental health, try not focusing on aircraft so far away. You already know what you will see when you do that, and you clearly find it disturbing. There is way to much wonderment to let something like this get to you. Again, you already understand it's there and hasn't yet been addressed.

The aircraft I see floating are not far away at all. That's what I'm trying to say.

Marco D'Agostino

1 hour ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Live weather out of KORS today and the clouds look even better than yesterday. MSFS 2024 is improving by the day.

Cheers

dd

I don't have much issue with how the clouds look, but I wish we had more cloud types and variations.

Marco D'Agostino

So they've binned off World Hub, another failed promise added to the list then, sigh

Pico Neo3 Link VR - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte RX 9070 XT OC 16gb (AMD GPU), 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

7 minutes ago, simsuper80 said:

I don't have much issue with how the clouds look, but I wish we had more cloud types and variations.

Today they do flying out of CYBD. I count 5 cloud typers not just variations. Amazing!

dd

Edited by Sky_Pilot071

54 minutes ago, simsuper80 said:

The aircraft I see floating are not far away at all. That's what I'm trying to say.

Good luck

Noel

System:  9900X3D Noctua NH-D15 G2, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL  64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Front Edge Sync.

Aircraft used in MSFS 2024:  Fenix A320,  Aerosoft CRJs, I-Fly 737 MAX 8, PMDG 777-200LR, Citation Longitude.

 

5 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

And we know that many if not all of the default models use the 'big bounding box' hack to workaround the LOD problem....which many explain it

Well, I actually didn't know that. I just know the jumping aircraft bother me a lot more than the disappearing gear does. And you may have missed that I now also use IVAO MTL models injected through Say Intentions so most of the airliners I see are those, not MS's and I still have to really look hard to see the gear issue regardless of planes.

4 hours ago, Noel said:

Unfortunately the video is just too low res to see this but for those after a solution maybe play around with an initial TLOD extremely high, maybe 1000 or whatever the max is, then dial back and see if the effect sticks, though probably won't unless gear is displaying at that moment, versus affecting all gear.

Very interesting. I run very high OLOD settings in the sim config that AutoFPS then knocks down as appropriate, but very low default TLOD that it turns up. I set the TLOD low to solve an issue I've had with slow zooming in on airport details in the free flight loading screen. (Hopefully that makes sense). AutoFPS turns that up as high as 400 pretty quickly after loading unless I'm at a more complex airport which is not my norm.

3 hours ago, simsuper80 said:

What's your screen resolution?

1080. I run an aging system and only have 8GB of VRAM so I can't run higher. But as mentioned in a previous post, I think @Christopher Low runs the same resolution and screen size as I do.

Scott

Edited by tttocs

6 hours ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Today they do flying out of CYBD. I count 5 cloud typers not just variations. Amazing!

dd

Well I mean like, supercell storms! Or those very high cumulus clouds.

Marco D'Agostino

7 hours ago, tttocs said:

1080. I run an aging system and only have 8GB of VRAM so I can't run higher. But as mentioned in a previous post, I think @Christopher Low runs the same resolution and screen size as I do.

I have the screen resolution set to 1920x1080, but I also use DSR1.5x which increases that to 2880x1620.

Christopher Low

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D CPU / 64GB DDR5-6000 RAM / 12GB Nvidia RTX 4070 Super GPU / Gigabyte X870E Aorus Elite Wifi 7 / 1+2TB Samsung Evo Plus M2 Nvme

UK2000 Beta Tester

On 9/18/2026 at 3:29 PM, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Live weather out of KORS today and the clouds look even better than yesterday. MSFS 2024 is improving by the day.

Cheers

dd

Placebo effect - Asobo has made no changes to clouds whatsoever.

On 9/18/2026 at 1:42 PM, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Today they do flying out of CYBD. I count 5 cloud typers not just variations. Amazing!

dd

Pics anyone seei by more cloud variety? Not seeing it yet in mine…

AMD 5830X

Nvidia RTX 3060

Win 11

4 hours ago, KERNEL32 said:

Placebo effect - Asobo has made no changes to clouds whatsoever.

Didn't say there were changes. Clouds on the West coast have always been super in MSFS. 😄

dd

Edited by Sky_Pilot071

On 9/16/2026 at 2:10 PM, ryanbatc said:

Better FPS and Performance: at a HUGE cost of downgrading visuals. This is what has been happening and it's terrible. We know how LODs work (maybe some don't) but they didn't mention that they've killed the distances server side. 400 used to be 400 and now its like 200 at best, even though it's still labeled 400 in the GUI.

They mention more optimizations in SU7 beta and beyond. I'm not interested in running a FSX-looking sim in the year 2026. I don't want better FPS with less visuals!

I understand console is why there IS a sim. But why in the world should me and my 4000 USD system be penalized because someone running an Xbox from 6-8 years ago can't run it at the same quality? A 4000 PC and a 600 USD xbox will NEVER look the same (now it's more like 7000 USD and 1500 USD thanks to AI.... sigh). People have too high of expectations.

We need totally separate GUI for consoles and PC. Or they need a way to grey out high end options for consoles.

EDIT: I stood by MSFS 2024 upon release, but right now its severely downgraded visuals are a MAJOR issue. XP12, which I've flown quite a bit in the last week, looks FAR better for scenery (freeware XPME), clouds, atmosphere than 2024 is currently at. Anti aliasing has been improved but it's not quite as nice as TAA or DLAA in 2024. There's just a major lack of addons in XP12 - it's really why I stay in 2024. But at the rate of killing off visuals in 2024, I can't say I'm going to support 2024 moving forward.

EDIT v2: But then the Praetor... DANG IT... I'll have to stay for the Praetor...looks in depth!

I find myself spending more and more time in XP12 now-a-days.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

                Two: AMD-9950X | One: AMD-7950X3D | Three: Asus TUF 4090s | Three: 64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Three: Cosair 1300 P/S | Three: 990Pro 2TB NVME                    One: Eugenius ECS2512 - 2.5 GHz Switch | Three: Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three: 75" 4K UHDTVs | One: Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.