Sign in to follow this  
SolRayz

My sun glare is waaaay better

Has anyone been able to tweak or remove this heinous effect completely. I tried replacing the v2.5 ShadersHLSL with version 2.4 and deleting shader cache, but it's still there!!! Where could this effect be coming from?!?

I know disabling HDR is the simple workaround, but I like HDR and my monitor is tuned to it. Also, I'm using my own modified version of the sun tweak from the Mogwaisoft Shade forums (for FSX but works in P3D btw), and the results are nothing short of stunning. LM should be taking notes.

This is with my modified sun glare tweak...

great.jpg

This is LM version...lol

crap.jpg

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Mogwaisoft forum at aussiex is down at the moment, but you can also read about it here.

You can adjust parameters within the suneffect.cfg to your desired liking. It took me some trial and error to find mine. Remember though, HDR must be disabled otherwise that ugly whitewash occurs.

No side effects, other than the fact that this tweak seems to work better in P3D than it ever did in FSX. No clue why.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

The LM white-out effect is a travesty and needs an option to turn it off, if so desired. The stupid thing is, it does it even if the sun is behind clouds.

I'm not keen on Steve/Gizmo's sun effect either, with those odd radiating lines, which are hardly realistic (though it does look bright and dazzling) plus I want to use HDR.

I'm sure there must be a way to edit LM's effect out, which for some reason does not work all the time anyway; sometimes its there, sometimes its not.

Mogwaisoft forum at aussiex is down at the moment, but you can also read about it here.

You can download the file at that link, by clicking on the picture.

I'm not keen on Steve/Gizmo's sun effect either, with those odd radiating lines, which are hardly realistic (though it does look bright and dazzling) plus I want to use HDR.

I think those radiating lines are only in P3D, as I don't recall that effect occurring in FSX. Particularly for trackIR users, the effect is much more precise in P3D. What I mean is that when panning your head, the light glare does not break through solid objects, such as the glare shield, and cuts off immediately. In FSX, the effect would cut in an out erratically and was somewhat an annoyance. 

Another great thing just came to mind. Since the ezdok P3D beta update a few days ago, their is no need to set

ShowLensFlare=TRUE in every aircraft.cfg ezdok camera entry, since ezdok did away with this entry. Simply add ShowLensFlare=TRUE in the camera.cfg for the ezdok camera entries, and you are good to go.

I had to laugh Marc - you do have the perfect username to start this topic...!  :lol:  B)

The sun is the only reason we are here to sim...

Maybe someone could help me here. Unfortunately the mod does not work for me, Did all that was told but got this. Im using REX4 if that is necessary to know.

2015-2-25_8-0-9-354.jpg

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

It does look better but i use Rex4 so would like to see it working in there. Also that file is really long and no instruction what and were etc.

I don't  mind the LM version in clear sky s but when its over cast....just wrong.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Has anyone been able to tweak or remove this heinous effect completely. I tried replacing the v2.5 ShadersHLSL with version 2.4 and deleting shader cache, but it's still there!!! Where could this effect be coming from?!?

This does not work in p3d 2.5 any ideas on how to make it work - me thinks its the textures format - thanks

Rich Sennett

Yup file format is no good for 2.5 it has to be in bmp format - not worth it anyway it does not glare into VC - useless and needs a lot of work to be used anyway in P3D 

Rich Sennett

A Big thank you to Marc J for posting this mod! I ran across your post this morning and had it up and running in a few minutes! I didn't like

the size of the sun, (1200 was a little to large) and lens flares so I ended up cutting their size in half! Screenshots do not do this mod justice. 

as the flare is dynamic! Again thank you for posting!!! Also don't particularly like the rays!

P3D v2.5 HF4

sun1.jpg

sun2.jpg

sun3.jpg

sun4.jpg

sun5.jpg