Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[09DEC15] End-Of-An-Era: End of Life Information 747-400X and MD-11X

Captains,

As we prepare to roll the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II off the factory floor and into your hangars, we are also in the process of managing some End-of-Life details related to the existing, ten-plus year old product that is the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies and PMDG 747-400X.

This announcement serves as notice that we intend to remove the following products from sale at 2359 CST 14DEC15:

PMDG 747-400X for Microsoft Flight Simulator X

PMDG MD-11X for Microsoft Flight SImulator X

Due to the age of these two products, we are finding them to be incompatible with an increasing number of computer hardware and hardware driver installations, thus leading to dramatically increased numbers of customer support tickets and direct-to-desktop support events that cannot be resolved.  Additionally, given the direction of our current development agenda, these products cannot be made compatible with versions of windows beyond Windows 7, thus making them increasingly difficult to support across our customer base.

Important Information Related to this Change:

• Support for both products will continue normally through 14APR16.
  • Beginning 15APR16, these products will be considered to have exceeded End-of-Life and technical support will no longer be available.
  • Customers who have purchased the products prior to 2359 CST 14APR15 will continue to be able to download the product at no additional cost from their eCommerce account at PMDG.  (Downloading requires no input from support- simply log in to your account.)
  • Activation and authentication will be unaffected by these changes and PMDG support will assist customers with activation problems.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

The end of an era marks the beginning of another. 

Very much looking forward to the next B747 and hopefully the next B777 update wont be too long either  :smile:

So how about letting me buy the MD-11 for FSX 'as is' for a nice discount?  I bought it for FS9.

Worth a try, you can only say 'no' ;-)

• Upvote 2

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

So how about letting me buy the MD-11 for FSX 'as is' for a nice discount?  I bought it for FS9.

Fat chance of that happening. However, a sale would be a nice way to 'say goodbye' to the MD-11. I've always had my eye on it but could not justify the price. From what I heard its a lot of fun, and if its going away anyway maybe PMDG would consider a price reduction. 

• Upvote 5

I'd rather say goodbye to the MD-11 by the same reasons as the 747: A new one :P

• Upvote 5

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

It's weird. I have had the MD-11 since release day but I have rarely flown it, even though I love flying it.

I would love to see the MD-11 revisited.

Callum Green.

• Upvote 1

I put a lot of hours on the PMDG 747 version 1.0..................really looking forward to version 2.0

There is nothing like a big 4-engine airliner........I even really enjoy the engine startup sequence, ya gotta love the fuel system.......long live the Queen!!!!

Bill Clark

• Upvote 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Does this mean that the 747-400 V2.0 will be released at 0001 CST 15DEC15?  :wink: 

I cannot express my profound sadness at the end of the MD-11 era. It has always been one of my favorite aircraft to fly. Im sorry it wasnt able to make the transition to the P3D platform, but it will always remain, in my opinion, one of the best offerings you guys ever made.

That being said, I am certainly looking forward to the 747v2 the previews look fantastic.

• Upvote 6

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Very sad to see tje MD-11 leaving the PMDG ranks. I am a proud owner of it, and love flying the MD-11. It has always had a soft spot in my heart, and I hope that someday in the furure PMDG revisits it and upgrades it. Looking forward to the DC-6, 47v2 and the migration to X-Plane though.

• Upvote 1

I guess Win7 die-hards like me who are going to use W7 until the year 2020 (end of MS security patches) will just do a forum search in case they encounter any issues with these planes? But then again how many issues have I ever encountered with PMDG aircraft???

Thanks a lot for all the entertainment and education (the latter one pretty much as opposed to the EULA I agreed with :P) these iconic planes have been providing!

After all these years, the MD-11 is still my favourite PMDG aircraft.

• Upvote 2

I still use the MD-11 in FS9.  It's just about the only real reason I use FS9.  And I'll stick with Win7 for now.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Just curious but it has been on my mind. I think the hand writing is on the wall, when will we hear the same kind of announcement for FSX?

Rob Roberson