Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[09DEC15] End-Of-An-Era: End of Life Information 747-400X and MD-11X

Lack of MD11 will delay my switch to P3D until really interesting plane will pop out.

• Upvote 2

Artur 

And the coming 747 should be very interesting, at least to me. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

The MD11 is a unique aircraft, and a huge amount of effort was put in the development of the MD-11X. I hope all this effort will be upgraded and launched for Prepar3d somewhere in the future instead of just being forgotten.

• Upvote 3

The MD11 is a unique aircraft, and a huge amount of effort was put in the development of the MD-11X. I hope all this effort will be upgraded and launched for Prepar3d somewhere in the future instead of just being forgotten.

PMDG has stated in previous other topics, that they have no desire or wish to bring the MD-11 forward into P3D. I feel the same about the MD-11, but they have their reasons for the decision. And we have to respect their position on the matter.

Hi All,

I would buy the MD11  for P3D in a heartbeat, have many good flights in her.

Regards,

Jerry Friz

• Upvote 3

For P3D users that want the MD-11.... you can still use the MD-11 for many many more years.

Here's how I did it.

I ran the MD-11 installer, but rather than putting it in P3D, I put it in my new (and very inexpensive) copy of FSX.

It worked like a charm. 

And my lawyer approved of the solution.

Try it and enjoy many years of this remarkable aircraft.   :wink:

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Just removed a post referencing the use of our products in other platforms through the use of various tools.

Do not use our products outside of the platform for which they are licensed.

Kyle Rodgers

How much longer do we have to wait on v2? Could you guys hurry up? Lol! Need that ER and the 8i before I get a stroke!

The Queen V1 has served many very well. When launched, there was nothing on FS9 remotely close. Indeed she feels dated by today's standards. Now it's time to send her into a quiet tranquil retirement while we await V2 to take to the skies in her full modern day glory.

Regards,

C Orags, DNMM

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgBanner_MJC11.png

I flew the MD-11 in a real motion airliner simulator and also attended cockpit flights with the real bird: I must say that the PMDG simulation comes very close, despite some FMC inconsistencies. The 11 is one of the most sophisticated aircraft if you look at her age! In my opinion it combines the best of both worlds - Airbus and Boeing.

Good to extend her virtual life in MS FSX. Would be a good move from PMDG now to freely license the use in P3D, but that has been discussed before and unfortunately will not be the case.

Real world Cargo airlines will continue to replace the 11s by 777s in the future, but I am sure we will see them for further 10-15 years in the sky.

Regards

Chris

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Would be a good move from PMDG now to freely license the use in P3D

Sure, if laws also ceased to exist.

I know this all seems pretty simple, but there's a reason we have lawyers to help us navigate as a company: it's not as simple as it looks on the surface, or from the outside.

Kyle Rodgers

Sure, if laws also ceased to exist.

I know this all seems pretty simple, but there's a reason we have lawyers to help us navigate as a company: it's not as simple as it looks on the surface, or from the outside.

Kyle, I'm sure it's irritating to hear people harp on the P3D pricing issue, but I have a question that hopefully you'll be able to clear up. Why is it that companies such as Aerosoft (or really every other developer besides Razbam, PMDG, and A2A) can offer a double installer for FSX/P3D for all customers while PMDG cannot? Are these other companies operating outside of the realm of the law and hoping that nobody 'gets' them or are PMDG products fundamentally different than, say, the Aerosoft Airbuses? 

• Upvote 1

I don't remember reading half as much enthusiasm on here, for any other PMDG model. The MD-11 is King of the air.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Why is it that companies such as Aerosoft (or really every other developer besides Razbam, PMDG, and A2A) can offer a double installer for FSX/P3D for all customers while PMDG cannot?

While I am sure Kyle and other PMDG representatives can answer this a lot better than me, I'd draw your attention to the fact that PMDG's products are Boeing licensed products, unlike so many other products in the flight simulation world. This brings both a significant gravitas to the quality of the product they are producing, but also introduces quite a few legal/licensing differences which other companies may not need to deal with.

We don't know what arrangement PMDG has with Boeing to get that stamp of approval. What if PMDG's arrangement was that Boeing would place their stamp of approval on "entertainment only" simulation products? What if PMDG needed to renegotiate their arrangement with Boeing once the "not-for-entertainment" Prepar3D came into existence? What if that renegotiation had a cost...

All the features, functionality, and depth we have come to enjoy from PMDG have, in large part, come directly from the back channel inroads they've made with Boeing. That intelligence comes with a licensing cost, and if the target market has a different set of legal rules surrounding it (like Prepar3D does), then the cost may need to account for that.

Not all vendors are bound by these types of arrangements.

-Greg

Kyle, I'm sure it's irritating to hear people harp on the P3D pricing issue, but I have a question that hopefully you'll be able to clear up. Why is it that companies such as Aerosoft (or really every other developer besides Razbam, PMDG, and A2A) can offer a double installer for FSX/P3D for all customers while PMDG cannot? Are these other companies operating outside of the realm of the law and hoping that nobody 'gets' them or are PMDG products fundamentally different than, say, the Aerosoft Airbuses? 

See here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/454218-lockheed-martin-prepar3d-development-status-thread-updated-25oct14/page-4?p=3105745#entry3105745

While I am sure Kyle and other PMDG representatives can answer this a lot better than me, I'd draw your attention to the fact that PMDG's products are Boeing licensed products, unlike so many other products in the flight simulation world. This brings both a significant gravitas to the quality of the product they are producing, but also introduces quite a few legal/licensing differences which other companies may not need to deal with.

One of a few reasons, but certainly a major one.

Quick note that full names are required in the forum here, too - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers