Sign in to follow this  
Branech

VoxATC and P3D V3

I use FSX, i just want they repair the bugs like: crashes, ATC keep on telling "say again", STAR no match with approach, ecc

And another important thing, it will be no-suport like voxatc6 or they will start to repli emails?

Having VOX work over a network is certainly a great improvement for which I would gladly pay.  That new feature is worth the price of admission alone.  Would be great if they could get it to work with FSUIPC/Wide Client, but I'll take it any way I can :smile:  

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

From RC simulations:

"5:25pm

To RC Simulations

Has VoxATC been discontinued or is there another version for Prepar3d in the works? I am wanting to purchase new ATC but I want to wait if VoxATC is bring out a new version. thanks

5:30pm

From RC Simulations

Hi , I have a new version of VoxATC as from yesterday. It includes many small updates but is designed to work fully with P3D version 3 and is designed to work across a network if required. This will be VoxATC version 7. Eta will be as soon as possible after general testing next week"

Finally a version of VoxATC that works correctly and is designed for P3Dv3.

I do not find nothing about this in RC Simulations web or facebook...

It took from 5:25pm to 5:30pm to answer? 

I do not find nothing about this in RC Simulations web or facebook...

It's not ready to be released yet.

NAX669.png

I send a email to RC Simulations and they confirm is true. We will have voxatc7 soon.

Sounds good. I've been reading here for some time and registered now to also add to this discussion. Until v7 is out, I can confirm that voxATC seems to work with P3Dv3. Did a newinstall today after pausing in previous versions. Did also install with migration tool and have to enable the tool for configuration. First minor tests looked good.

Will test it tomorrow on a flight EGPH to EDFH and report back.

Sounds good. I've been reading here for some time and registered now to also add to this discussion. Until v7 is out, I can confirm that voxATC seems to work with P3Dv3. Did a newinstall today after pausing in previous versions. Did also install with migration tool and have to enable the tool for configuration. First minor tests looked good.

Will test it tomorrow on a flight EGPH to EDFH and report back.

I've been using it this way for months. Hopefully this will soon be irrelevant, but some things I've found: If you change your configuration at all (especially new scenery) You must enable the migration tool and run the indexer. It runs better if you leave the tool enabled and run P3d that way (you do have to remember to disable the tool to install add-ons with native P3d support). As I said, hopefully this will soon be obsolete information, but it has been working well for me.

Took a bit longer, but here are my experiences: I did a flight from EGPH to EDFH, as said. At first, everything went well. VoxATC did assign me a taxi route, and did guide me well.

When entering German airspace and switching to Langen, some odd things happened, as also mentioned here before: AI traffic was continuously reading back and after a while, ATC was continously acknowledging, like:

"Climbing FL380" "Climbing FL380" "Climbing FL380"...."Descend FL200" "Descend FL200" "Descend FL200". 

This was annoying, but then, when getting closer to my T/D, Langen started like "Climb to FL420". My cruise altitude was 390. I started with my descend and approach, disabled and re-enabled VoxATC, but Langen kept saying "Climb to FL420". Even after landing, EDFH Ground kept saying I should climp to 420.

So, as I disabled migration tool before flying, I will try Mad_Mac's suggestions and keep it running throughout the flight.

Took a bit longer, but here are my experiences: I did a flight from EGPH to EDFH, as said. At first, everything went well. VoxATC did assign me a taxi route, and did guide me well.

When entering German airspace and switching to Langen, some odd things happened, as also mentioned here before: AI traffic was continuously reading back and after a while, ATC was continously acknowledging, like:

"Climbing FL380" "Climbing FL380" "Climbing FL380"...."Descend FL200" "Descend FL200" "Descend FL200". 

This was annoying, but then, when getting closer to my T/D, Langen started like "Climb to FL420". My cruise altitude was 390. I started with my descend and approach, disabled and re-enabled VoxATC, but Langen kept saying "Climb to FL420". Even after landing, EDFH Ground kept saying I should climp to 420.

So, as I disabled migration tool before flying, I will try Mad_Mac's suggestions and keep it running throughout the flight.

I have the same problem sometimes in FSX.

voxatc have a lot of bugs, i hope they repaired in v7

Hi--I've got VOX installed in P3Dv3.3 with the migration tool, which I leave on most of the time.  I've also got My Traffic 6 and have the default ATC set to zero.  One day I noticed VOX's ATC directing "Orbit", "World Travel," etc., which are the default airlines.  On the ground I saw MT6 aircraft, but VOX was calling them the default names.  Strange.  So, I ran the VOX indexer and all went back to normal.  I think this all happened after changing the scenery settings, so whenever I change LOD, etc., I'll run the indexer again.  Way looking forward to V7!

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

I gotta say.

You VOX owners have the patience of saints.

I'm afraid the marketing hype surrounding this long awaited update is simply too much. Not to mention the beta testers jumping all over various ATC posts to extol the benifits of VOXATC 7.

As one who was about to bite when "the troubles" started I'm hoping some of this patience will rub off on me until I get a full assestment of the situation.

These, one man band, developers of ATC products don't inspire much confidence.

Hope I'm wrong.

(Yorkshire humor BTW)

howevr

There was going to be some sort of news about VoxATC at the flightsim convention in Weston-super-Mare but as far as I know no announcement or anything really happend? I contacted Carol at rcsimulations right after the show and she promsed to get back to me shortly and that was more than a week ago. What is going on with VoxATC?!

I'm afraid the marketing hype surrounding this long awaited update is simply too much.

What Marketing hype ?

A short statement from RC simulations and some confirmation from forum member Kevin firth is all that has been mentioned about new version. hardly hype

• Upvote 1

What Marketing hype ?

A short statement from RC simulations and some confirmation from forum member Kevin firth is all that has been mentioned about new version. hardly hype

Ok. It's called dry humour. Some may say taking the mickey. Perhaps tongue in cheek. I could not find an appropriate emoji.

howevr

May be time to wind our necks back in and just get on with using it the way it is.

Some might say we are being played, but I can't understand the need for the lack of communication and general distrust this engenders.

If RC are selling this under false pretences, with buyers assuming it is P3dv3 ready out the box, then shame on them.