Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

P3D 3.4 Experience Thread

Hey guys and gals,

Please share your experiences with the new P3D sim 3.4.  Looking forward to read your experiences.  I know Orbx already updated their Dlls.  Heck, they released it less than an hour of the p3D 3.4 public release.

How is the VAS, performance, upgrade experience from 3.35 etc  I will test VR later on a clean test system but if you have tried native VR already - please let me know.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Testing Right now.

Because AS16 and ASCE are not working so i use Opus weather.

at least i think to see NO difference in VAS usage but the sim feels Little smoother to me.

That's my two Cents for the moment

Carsten

Carsten U

Testing Right now.

Because AS16 and ASCE are not working so i use Opus weather.

at least i think to see NO difference in VAS usage but the sim feels Little smoother to me.

That's my two Cents for the moment

Carsten

Hifi Team is very fast, I am sure the update will be out shortly.  Excellent to hear that sim is smoother for you.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

i hope the better smootheness is not related to missing AS16 and ASCE..... :fool:

Carsten U

i hope the better smootheness is not related to missing AS16 and ASCE..... :fool:

I was just about to say...that's probably the Opus weather engine :wink:

I am using REX for weather in P3D...is there a better one now?

spacer.png

How is the experience so far everyone? I will try it out after 4pm when the market closes

I will wait for fsuipc/as16/orbx/gtn750 before I go

André

I'm downloading, but it's already 9.30 pm. Anyways , just installed p3d v3.3 the other day on my new rig, with a few addons, will wait for a couple of days and see what happens

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

I installed the 3.4 client only and p3d not start - have 4.6 net, win10 1607, etc.

Reinstalled 3.2 and it started and worked ok - can you go from 3.2 to 3.4 in one jump?

I installed the 3.4 client only and p3d not start - have 4.6 net, win10 1607, etc.

Reinstalled 3.2 and it started and worked ok - can you go from 3.2 to 3.4 in one jump?

Yes.  Look in your dll for some add on that is not working. That could prevent p3d from starting.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Loaded the complete works and although Control Panel ID's the setup as 3.4.9.18400; P3D itself in Help/About lists the version as 3.2.3.16769 ???

Guys does AS16 need updating for this new version of P3D - getting some error messages - thanks 

Rich Sennett