Sign in to follow this  
jazer

PMDG 747-400/400F Type Rating Course Lesson 4 Available!

Guest nik_the_greek

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You really made my day, because yesterday it was 30C and today its raining! At least I'll have something to do.Keep 'em comingNik

Captains-I am happy to let you know that I have just made available PMDG 747-400 Type Rating Course Lesson 4: LNAV/VNAVThis is the longest and most detailed Type Rating Course Lesson to date. Weighing in at 39 pages (not including 5 more pages of charts you need to complete the lesson!) this PMDG 747-400 Type Rating Course Lesson will make you an expert using LNAV and VNAV to manage your navigation and climbs/descents.In keeping with past lessons, PMDG 747-400 TRC4 Lesson 4 takes you through the process in small, digestable pieces so that you can learn the high-level techniques used by airlien pilots the world-over. Lesson 4 ends with an in-depth exercise that will teach you to be comfortable building custom waypoints to assist with your departure procedure, teach you the mental planning that goes into the construction of your descent plan, and will finish off by having you fly the PMDG 747-400 through one of the most difficult Arrival Procedures in the world with the confidence and poise of a true professional.This lesson will significantly boost your confidence and handling of the PMDG 747-400, flight plan editing and the use of LNAV/VNAV to navigate correctly and with a level of real-world fidelity that only the PMDG and the PMDG 747-400/400F can deliver to the Flight Simulator community.This lesson is long, and it covers a lot of territory in 39 pages. Don't be afraid to take this one in pieces, and be sure to run through each procedure a few times until you have the hang of things!When you touch down at the end of Lesson 4, you will have accomplished something!You can download PMDG 747-400/400F TRC Lesson 4 here:http://www.precisionmanuals.com/file_libra...TRC_Lesson4.zipEnjoy!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

And now the unanswered question is answered too. Excellent, we are really getting addicted here.

Thanks as always Robert. :)What's lesson number 5 going to cover? Have you decided yet?

Mike Roth

Mike-For Lesson 5 you are going to learn the fine points of flying:-> Precision Approaches (PA: ILS, CATII, CATIII)-> Approaches with Vertical Path Guidance: (APV: LNAV/VNAV) -> Non Precision Approaches (NPA: VOR, NDB, LNAV)We'll do some Vertical Descent Angle approaches, and some "dive and drive" approaches as well.For each of the approaches I'll provide you with the approach plates and teach you how to read them and use information on the plates to help you construct pilot aids in the FMC and on the NAV display to make your workload a bit easier to manage...This next one should be fun. ;-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Can't wait, this should be interesting. I'm sure I'll learn just as much from this one as I have from the previous 4.Somehow or another, I forsee a whole bunch of questions coming your way, once the lesson is released.

Mike Roth

>-> Approaches with Vertical Path Guidance: (APV: LNAV/VNAV) >-> Non Precision Approaches (NPA: VOR, NDB, LNAV)Wow, sounds like this one is going to be a climax. I may even have to put Oliver in the right seat to help me with this one (Boeing recommends to have a dog in the cockpit to prevent captain from touching too many knobs) :-lolMichael J.

Michael J.

Thank you very much againDavid

Best regards,
David Roch

Intel 9900K@5.1, Asus Maximus XI Formula, 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 4133 CL17, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA GAMING, 3x SSD Samsung 970 Pro M.2, Corsair 1600W PSU & 49" 4K TV monitor@30fps.

Guest kame

Dear Randazzo,I much appreciate your greatly useful and valuable Lessons. I will make fresh start of Lesson 4.I have tried initial climb of the Lesson 3 with joysick thrust control of myself (N1: 99.5% TO 2) without pressing TOGA button according to "The goal was to have you conduct the takeoff without F/D or A/T." and I have been able to "set the speed bug and press SPD to activate the autothrottle."Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest neilb

Just wanted to say that this is a fantastic lesson. Really full of information, and I learnt a lot about LNAV/VNAV and I don't consider myself to be naive on either. Excellent work on this one.Looking forward to the next.

Thank you Robert. I look forward to reading the material as much as practicing it. Joe

Joe Colao

Many thanks Robert for these continued lessons, they are such an education even for those of us who *thought* we could fly the 744 :-)The added bonus is that much of the skill acquired is transferable to other aircraft.I still need to master lesson 3 on the trim, probably need to refine the calibration of the rotary I have set up for trim.Keep up the good work.

Robert,Vertical Descent Angle approaches = CDAP?Well Done and thanks for this work, which certainly applies across the board :)!Jim Harnes