Sign in to follow this  
Guest KGFL

Who's the oldest flight simmer?

Well, Iam 69 and retired and living in Thailand and simming is a big part of my retired life!

I started out with a Comodore 64 back in 1985. Still going strong at 81. Hope to make it a few more years.

I am 75 and have been simming since before the first FS - I used to walk around and make believe that I was in an airplane and that small plants on the ground were trees. I played the first MFS on an Osborne with a 5-inch screen (that was around 1980). Despite my age I am in perfect health (sort of) and fly around in the PDMG NGX 737 and the Captain Sim 767 as well as other aircraft. I just purchased Simplates for the Ipad my kids gave me for my 75th birthday so I can fly more realistically using SIDs and STARs. I bought Prepar3D and installed my FSscene and Ultimate scenery mostly by drag and drop, since I could not find the installers and all my roads in Prepar3D have disappeared, so it is back to FSX until I can sort this out. To all Geezers out there: have a good flight!

Henri

Henri Arsenault

72 last August lol

72 Last August lol

Does that make you 144? I only want one one birthday these days and prefer not to even have that! :P

Well guys, today was my 82nd birthday and I have been simming since the first Microsoft disc came out.

Quite a difference from todays offerings with beautiful aircraft and sceneries, I just wonder the future of this hobby and hope I have a few more years to see it.

All the best to you fellow flight simmers,

Cannylad

I just turned 80. this art. prompted me to look up my first flight sim. by John dow. it is on a casset played thru a Ti 99, on a tv like the atari game, only a white dot and a buzzing sound. used the joy stick from something like the munchin man game. Good old times.

You beat me by about 3months Cannylad!!

Will be 82 8/1/13. Wanted to fly all my life but could not afford it when young and, now I could afford it, am too old ! I even did two years in the RAF but was radar instructor and never saw a plane!!!

Simming is the nearest I am likely to get now..

Am scared of failing eyesight as my other hobbies are miniature oil painting and gemstone facet cutting. So far am able to make a fair attempt at all!

Cheers to all fellow simmers.

Started w/ FS2000 and I am 57 w/ almost 10,000 hours...my 2nd favorite thing to do.. :blink: :lol:

Ah!!!!!!! I tried to resist, but I can't. I should know better, but I have to ask: "What is your 1st favourite thing to do?"

Kind regards,

It 's not me but I have a customer who turned 93 last month and is as switched on and alert as many half his age! Amazing really. He schools me on certain aspects of flying heavies regularly!

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

56, started with the first version on a TRS80. Nice white grid to represent the ground and 2d mountains at the end of the scenery. Nothing to tweak except the $&@?!:;/ of tape recorder.....

Pierre

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Well since she won't read this it's a toss up.... :wub: :blink: :lol: I love airplanes so much I could live in one or be one :blink: I really envey those w/ those great home built sims that have all the equipment installed ...by the way I live only a few hundred feet from B.C. Canada

Ah!!!!!!! I tried to resist, but I can't. I should know better, but I have to ask: "What is your 1st favourite thing to do?"

Kind regards,

Polar,

So, when not doing either your 1st or 2nd favourite thing, you really can look out your window and see Canada! B)

Kind regards,