Sign in to follow this  
graemeb

FS DreamTeam release KJFK

>Now avaliable - get this is you like top quality scenery (for>both FS9 and FSX). :-)>>http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_jfk.htmlAnd its looking very sweet!! its a very high quality scenery!! I have been waiting for many years. great job fsdreamteam!! :D posted over at the fsx forum just in case some of the guys don't read the fs9 threads. ;)

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Hi,That's great, Time to download, install and register.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Just installed it, and WOW! A tremendous, framerate-friendly achievement from the FSDT crew. And they're having a promotion in which you get Zurich free if you buy this and KORD together. Looks like I'll be up all night flying the Boston-New York shuttle.John G.

John G.

Hi,I don't think many people are going to benefit from the buy KJFK & KORD and get Zurich free offer. When it comes to FS DreamTeam, their addons are of the highest quality and are usually purchased by the majority of flight simmers upon release.I would of liked to see a "DISCOUNT" for loyal supporters/customers who already purchased previous products. Than to see them give away product to individuals who have not supported their efforts in the past.JMHO

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Yeah, I have to agree. Not the wisest of marketing ideas. Leaves a bit of a sour taste for those of us who have bought both ZRH and ORD.

Well, the promotion is clearly aimed to lure in new customers. ImagineSim has similar multi-airport deals. Which are of course of no use to most of us.I once contacted ImagineSim about doing something for their existing customers and I got this reply:"It's a little difficult to offer long serving customers any deals on new products. We really have to re-coup as much as we can as quickly as possible after each release to keep the production line going. Like most FS add-on developers we run this operation on a shoestring making tiny profits and it was a bit of a daredevil decision for us to offer the multipacks at all. So far it's not working out, a study into it last week showed that overall we are losing a few dollars but we are going to stick with it for 6 months to see how it pans out."Two years later now and the offer is still there, so I guess it's working somewhat, at least not hurting them.

Mike...

Consider me lured! I have been using the Simflyers version of KORD and KJFK and they are not exactly state of the art sceneries anymore! So here I am downloading all three of the Dreamteam sceneries. I couldn't find any info on how to take advantage of the offer but I guess I'll find out once I do the purchase.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Install all three, run FS, select the purchase option for JFK from the fsaddon menu, and you'll get a screen with the offer...DJ

Guest Tatu

Hi!>I couldn't find any info on how to take>advantage of the offer but I guess I'll find out once I do the>purchase.http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=953.0The work that goes to do one scenery is enormous. Even the best seller sceneries are not selling so much that the designers could get really rich by doing it. Most of them have other work too... These sceneries are also not overpriced so I'd be just thankful that someone still creates these masterpieces. Maybe you feel different in the US about this, I don't know.Where I come from the companies are not really rewarding their old customers anymore, you just get what you pay for. Never ever have I asked in the post office if I could get a stamp for a lower price. Still I have been a very good customer for decades...You buy a good scenery and are happy with that. Money well spend.Anyway... JFK looks great and surely makes many simmers happy.Tatu

Tatu and DJ, thanks for the information! I didn't realize FSDreamteam also were involved in developing EHAM and KLAX from Cloud9, but I purchased them also earlier with a very good deal - paid some 15

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Hi,So the only way for us to save any money is to not purchase their addons when they are released.Doesn't sound like a good business decision to me. They are basically saying, don't buy our products when they are released if you want a bargain.Maybe next time I wait before I buy. If others feel the same way I do, they may see a drop in sales.However, I still say KJFK is an outstanding product. If you are on the fence about purchasing this addon, I have three words for you"GO GET IT"You will not be disappointed.

Well, the 3 airport deal is going to help me because I don't own any of their sceneries. But after this afternoon I'll own them all (KLAX is one of my favorites). And to think I almost bought KORD when it first came out -- finally, an instance where waiting DIDN'T cost me money!

> Maybe next time I wait before I buy. If others feel the same way> do, they may see a drop in sales.Yeah, unfortunately, flight simulator fans don't often vote with their wallets. And the developers know that.You'll have forgotten all about this in time for their next release. A couple of screenies and everybody's got their credit card ready.;-)

Mike...