Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG MD-11 v1.20.0051 Available

Kan-ichiro you are right. This has been fixed but we forgot to mention it in the list of changes.The STAB calculation on the TO/APPR page has not changed (it was correct anyway), but the behavior of the aircraft during take-off has been adjusted.
Hi Michael,Thanks.Will observe the new behavior, factual again!Regards,Harry

Dear Michael,Thank you for your warm words.

The STAB calculation on the TO/APPR page has not changed (it was correct anyway),
I'm sorry but I was mistaken.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest Cris B

PMDG team,Thanks for the update! :( Downloaded, installed

Guest manniko
Kan-ichiro you are right. This has been fixed but we forgot to mention it in the list of changes.The STAB calculation on the TO/APPR page has not changed (it was correct anyway), but the behavior of the aircraft during take-off has been adjusted.
Hi Michael and Kan-Ichiro,I mentioned the same thing. If the STAB calculation hasn't been altered, why do I have now different STAB TRIM values. For the same flight (same take-off-weight) I had before a STAB TRIM value of 7.x and now I get a calculated 4.x !?? But anyway the MD-11 acts now more smooth during t/o - no more over rotating !! It feels now much better than before. BTW: The early bird catches the worm !! I downloaded the upgrade yesterday - obviously immediately after it was published - and it took only a few seconds and it was with me.Regards from the DesertManfred H. Kohl (OERK)Riyadh KSA VA LH F/O LH113

Hi Michael and Kan-Ichiro,BTW: The early bird catches the worm !! I downloaded the upgrade yesterday - obviously immediately after it was published - and it took only a few seconds and it was with me.Regards from the DesertManfred H. Kohl (OERK)Riyadh KSA VA LH F/O LH113
Did PMDG include any new sounds. The landing gear coming down has a new whine and bump noise I have never heard. If a new sound was not included has anybody else eperienced this new sound?Carl Perry

Hi Carl,Well spotted! For FS9 we increased the volume of the nose gear up / down mechanical sound and the nose gear down wind turbulence sound to match the FSX version performance.Cheers,

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Hi Carl,Well spotted! For FS9 we increased the volume of the nose gear up / down mechanical sound and the nose gear down wind turbulence sound to match the FSX version performance.Cheers,
So, I suppose the sound "PMDG_MD11_NoseGearAirflowxxx.wav" can be deleted as it is probably never used ?ACS

Dear ACS - please sign in with your real name.Do not delete any sound files or you will get a FS crash - the file you mentioned is exactly the sound which has had its volume increased.

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Dear ACS - please sign in with your real name.Do not delete any sound files or you will get a FS crash - the file you mentioned is exactly the sound which has had its volume increased.
Hoops, Armen, sorry for the name !You mean probably "PMDG_MD11_NoseGearAirflow.wav" but not "PMDG_MD11_NoseGearAirflowxxx.wav" ?I guess the "xxx" version is the old one and probably forgot behind.Alain Capt

Hoops, Armen, sorry for the name !You mean probably "PMDG_MD11_NoseGearAirflow.wav" but not "PMDG_MD11_NoseGearAirflowxxx.wav" ?I guess the "xxx" version is the old one and probably forgot behind.Alain Capt
Hey it's Alain! I used your freeware MD-11 panel for many years before the PMDG one came out. Thank you for this great freeware :(

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Hey it's Alain! I used your freeware MD-11 panel for many years before the PMDG one came out. Thank you for this great freeware :(
I absolutely agree. Alain's freeware MD-11 package for FS98 was unbeaten for years! My first (more) serious simulation.Alain, merci beaucoup! :(

Can you provide exact steps that cause this to reproduce every time? We really thought we had this solved in testing...
Maybe it has something to do with selecting APPR/LAND before there is actually a GS-signal. Perhaps it is better not to press APPR/LAND as soon as an ILS-signal is received, but to wait untill just prior to LOC capture. Just a thought, might be worth a try...

Probably the same problem here! Just finished a flight to EPWA. I was established on the LOC RWY11 only localizer Info a this point and descending from 5000ft to 3000ft in IDLE clamp. Then the GS info appears at the PFD. I was 2 dots unter the GS and the aircraft started to climb to catch the GS. Is this the issue?edit. have both versions of the MD11, but i tried it in FS9! Regards,Holger
Yup I can confirm this. If you are in Idle Clamp mode and below the GS upon LOC capture the aircraft will climb to intercept the GS. Had this at EHAM. ATC cleared me to descend to 2000 about 15 miles out but when the GS came active the Autopilot commanded a climb back to almost 5000 feet until capture occured.Karsten

Probably the same problem here! Just finished a flight to EPWA. I was established on the LOC RWY11 only localizer Info a this point and descending from 5000ft to 3000ft in IDLE clamp. Then the GS info appears at the PFD. I was 2 dots unter the GS and the aircraft started to climb to catch the GS. Is this the issue?edit. have both versions of the MD11, but i tried it in FS9! Regards,Holger
Sorry, but please forget this words......It seems so that the update wasnt active at my last flight yesterday! I didnt know that I have to restart the PC after installing the update. So I have to evaluate the issue written above!Holger