Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

Feelthere ERJ 145 released

there is no reason to 'enter' the 2D cockpit.--
I suspect there is tiny one, the FADEC set switch on the overhead doesn't work in VC :(But I suspect it's a bug, truth to be told, the only one I've found so far.

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

Any developer can test their software on a 64-bit operating system and confirm that it works. Feelthere only support 32-bit operating systems at the moment, according to their website (although the ERJs work fine on my 64-bit system). They have said clearly that this is because they don't think they have tested the software properly on 64-bit yet to put it on the compatibility list, which is perhaps overly cautious but very honest.Some posters seem hell-bent on making this an issue, but there is no need to pour gasoline on the fire by calling them stupid.
Are they stupid? No. Am I disappointed? Yes.I fly mostly GA but occasionally also short commercial flights. I

Has anyone actually confirmed problems with the ERJ on Vist 64? I've got W7 64 and the new ERJ is working flawlessly. If you even thought you might like the ERJ, I wouldn't let the lack of "official" support stop you. Worst case is you buy it and hold on to it until you change OS's, or they offer official support. It's a great addition to FS.

Are they stupid? No. Am I disappointed? Yes.I fly mostly GA but occasionally also short commercial flights. I

the question wasn't about distribution, it was about who's the 'owner' of ERJv2. the ERJv2 is feelThere's. wilco is a distributer and has taken the lead in advertising.again, you can purchase the aircraft directly from feelThere.--
33.75 Euro from feelThere, 33.02 Euro from Wilco.(but feelThere is cheaper if you're in Europe and have to pay VAT) :(

Petraeus

I purchased the ERJ 145 series 2 yesterday but find that the frames rates are very low indeed on Win7 64 bit. - down to 5 FPS! This is also the same issue with other Wilco products ( Citation, E Jets and PIC 737) only on Win7 64. They worked ok on Vista 64. I have no problem with any other add ons which includes REAL Air Duke PMDG Js4100 and F1 Mustang.I know that Feelthere/Wilco do not support 64 bit so wonder if any one here knows of a solution.Mnay thanksRichard Pain

... the frames rates are very low indeed on Win7 64 bit. - down to 5 FPS!
interesting as you are the first such report ... and such low frames would have quickly been commented on in the support forum -http://forum.iemit.comregistration requiredhave you used the configuration utility (manual pages 7 & 8)?--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Many thanks for the reply. Yes, I have tried the configuration utility and reduced the display to 10% and this does not help! My computer is quite reasonable - a i7 core 920 with 6 GB RAM and a Nvidia GTX285.My default airport is Bristol EGGD with uk2000 Extreme. I also use Ultimate Traffic 2 and REX 2 and Aerosoft AES BAse pack. I also have FSUIPC .Richard Pain

whom is the target of this 'dig'?! :( :( :(
Whom did I quote, scoob? (Hint: it wasn't you...)It wasn't a "dig" at all (or at least not intended as such), but rather a reminder that one really should be armed with facts and not inaccurate assumptions when making such sweeping statements...Just to be crystal clear, I'm supporting your position sir! B)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

richard:turned down ALL gauges to 10%?!be sure to turn off the WX radar gauge activation in the configuration utility.i suggest you post on the support forum to gain feedback from other users and the attention of _ak (lead guage programmer). there are win7 users and none have reported such an experience.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Any developer can test their software on a 64-bit operating system and confirm that it works.
Which is precisely why I suggested (elsewhere) that perhaps a less ambiguous statment might have been used, such as:"Not tested under any 64bit operating system, so no guarantee is claimed for results." :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks - I will post on the forum - I'm grateful for your quick reply. Best wishesRichard

Guest 413X3

so there is no gauge backlighting at night? You either get no light, or a bright dome light? In this day and age developers are still doing that??

so there is no gauge backlighting at night?
one of the 'night lighting' options in the real-world aircraft is modeled ... can't do a link to the picture because of others' abuse of airliners.net; but if you do a photo search at airliners for SP-LGB you will see a real cockpit night lighting photo.from the sim (note backlighting on the glareshield buttons/'ID's', bezel buttons, and FMS ... to name a few) - v2nightlighting.jpg--

Guest hmstiger
one of the 'night lighting' options in the real-world aircraft is modeled ... can't do a link to the picture because of others' abuse of airliners.net; but if you do a photo search at airliners for SP-LGB you will see a real cockpit night lighting photo.from the sim (note backlighting on the glareshield buttons/'ID's', bezel buttons, and FMS ... to name a few) - --
Yes, but is there an option to turn off the floods while leaving the instruments lighted up - like you can in the PMDG birds, the Mustang, the Mad Dog, and even the Level D 767 which is also an FS9 Upgrade? That is the question I would like answered. If you go to airliners.net and search "ERJ 145 cockpit night" you get real life picture of a dark cockpit with all the buttons backlighted with no flood light. It looks NOTHING like the screenshot posted above. It is dark with the only light coming from the instruments and the buttons. No flood light. I will not buy an add on at this price range (PIC rated....) that does not allow a true dark cockpit environment. Colin Ware