Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

Feelthere ERJ 145 released

Guest Astradan

Although a fantastic add-on, Bristol Xtreme can also bring frames down, when combined with a complex aircraft. I would imagine the combination of the ERJ, Bristol Xtreme and UT2 would put a strain on all but the highest end systems.Try temporarily de-selecting Bristol Xtreme in the scenery library, or try flying the ERJ in a default airport, so you get an objective idea on performance.

I suspect there is tiny one, the FADEC set switch on the overhead doesn't work in VC :(But I suspect it's a bug, truth to be told, the only one I've found so far.
Scoob, please comment on the above! This sounds really bad for the majority guys like me on widescreen monitors. :( As you mentioned we are deprived of a quality 2D panel in ERJ135/145 v2.0 on out widescreens. But that would be ok if all switches in VC worked. So how about that FADEC set switch?Thanks,Dirk.

THREAD HIGHJACKED BY EAGLESOFT ! (and will probably now be locked).Ron, I did not state anywhere that your CX 2.0 for FSX was a port from FS9. I clearly noted that although 'technically' a FSX product, references to "for Flight Simulator 2004" in several of the FSX Citation X's cfg files, highlighted some use of aspects of the FS9 product. As your FSX product contains no FSX camera views for example, this comment would appear to be pretty fair. Pleased to see that you've now subtley conceded that I am not an AVSIM Staff Reviewer (disappointingly. It's an excellent role and I'd encourage anyone up to the challenge to apply to give it a go).Now, I hear a ERJ v2 has been released, anyone else want to chat about that ? :(
Again with the lies David. The camera views were left out of the intitial release and have since been rolled back in.Read the post David, the config files headers have absolutley nothing to do with a sim version period.You have absolutely no room to talk about thread hijackibng when the record shows that you've hijacked every thread about our own recent release.Nevertheless, if the political wind has shifted this much in this place it's a sad day for Avsim.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

To the important question at hand though and hoping to get this back on track before the inevitable lockdown... Is there really no way to fly with a true dark cockpit without the floods or back lighting on? I agree with the earlier post that this is a show stopper for me as well. Now I hate to even admit that I am an FSniner in your world but if the ERJ can't do it in FSX I know it will not be able to do it in FS9... I had the same issue with the CS 757, who wants to do an entire night flight with all the lights on :( -Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

No politics at all Ron.You've asked us to remove a legitimate end-user product review and this is not acceptable.After saying that he loves your previous products David said very politely what he thinks about your last aircraft.It's his right as far as he stay civilized and correct.We (mods) have decided not to follow your report, not to lock the thread and not to remove Dave's post. That's what I meant when saying that we are not here to serve any commercial interest but to allow honest and respectfull dialogues between devs and customers.In another hand I've banned not less than 10 morons the last days for rudely flamming developers without understanding what it takes to develop, what it costs you and what you get back out of it.So you see, no politics, just simple balance.Now guys, back to the Feelthere ERJ 145!(no reason to lock this thread):--)
David, the reason for the request is as simple as reading the words I highlighted in red. David Rogers is neither correct or honest in his assesment of our product and shows inordinate bias towards another devs product.Further to the point, his actions delegitimize the upcoming Official Avsim Reviewers work even before they complete it.Perhaps now you understand the "political" nature of this behaviour. Allowing him to run rampant and hijack threads as he pleases certainly seems to be the order of the day.Nevertheless it's your sandbox so play on. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

David, the reason for the request is as simple as reading the words I highlighted in red. David Rogers is neither correct or honest in his assesment of our product and shows inordinate bias towards another devs product.Further to the point, his actions delegitimize the upcoming Official Avsim Reviewers work even before they complete it.Perhaps now you understand the "political" nature of this behaviour. Allowing him to run rampant and hijack threads as he pleases certainly seems to be the order of the day.Nevertheless it's your sandbox so play on. :(
Ron, with all the respect, my "sanddbox" is a 747-400LCF cockpit (a real one, you know, not a game).Here I am giving my free time to moderate forums where sometimes forumers are rude, sometimes they just tell the truth, sometimes devs answer friendly to critics and sometimes they're a bit edgy because of their new release and the flack around it.And now I ask you for the last time to leave this thread about Feelthere's product and also to use other kind of language with me.Thx!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Ron, with all the respect, my sanddbox is a 747-400LCF cockpit (a real one, you know, not a game).Here I am giving my free time to moderate forums where sometimes forumers are rude, sometimes they just tell the truth, sometimes devs answer friendly to critics and sometimes they're a bit edgy because of their new release and the flack around it.And now I ask you for the last time to leave this thread about Feelthere's product and use other kind of language with me.Thx!
The sandbox remark speaks to the fact that you as a Mod have a modicum of control over the sandbox that these forums have become.David, it's nothing to me what you do for a living or what ratings you have. The fact that I hold a lowely ASEL ticket has nothing whatsoever to do with the political nature of your posts.I'm under the impression that Mods here are required to keep private requests private and you appear to have violated that trust.My language is straightforward and without malice and the challenge for you is to play an even hand here.I made one post in this thread regarding Win7 64 bit and Ed Wilson made none. Bill Leaming was posting in support of this vendor.I've simply responded to your uneven and biased handling of this matter. Especially with regard to to David Rodgers behaviour.I have no wish for this thread to be locked and in fact ask you to keep it open for the others sake. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest SimPilotMN

Too bad this thread got way OT. I came here for comments about the new ERJ.

Sorry Bill, but I think that these last days, you and your colleagues have only been promoting Eaglesoft, including by hijacking threads unrelated to your product. I do not want this thread to be locked like the other ones so I will no longer post here but you can always PM me.
No, I cannot. The PM system here seems just as "broken" as the rest of the site. No worry's though. I'm shaking the dust from my sandals... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

We won't allow any more threads hijacked by devs to promote their own products or to directly or undirectly criticize competitors.
I might just print and frame this. It is so far off base as if written from an alternate universe.David, I challenge you or anyone to show where in this thread I've written anything to "promote" any product at all, or where I've written anything "to directly or undirectly (sic) criticize" anyone at all, much less a competitor.To the contrary, every word I wrote was in support or clarification of confused and inaccurate concepts.No matter though, AVSIM is no longer the community of fair and generous individuals it once was, more's the pity. I'm shaking the dust from my sandals... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I might just print and frame this. It is so far off base as if written from an alternate universe.David, I challenge you or anyone to show where in this thread I've written anything to "promote" any product at all, or where I've written anything "to directly or undirectly (sic) criticize" anyone at all, much less a competitor.To the contrary, every word I wrote was in support or clarification of confused and inaccurate concepts.No matter though, AVSIM is no longer the community of fair and generous individuals it once was, more's the pity. I'm shaking the dust from my sandals... :(
I apologize to David for stepping on his toes here, but he's not around right now. This thread discusses the Feelthere ERJ 145, and from now on will stay on topic. If all of you want to hash this out like grown adults, than we can start a thread elsewhere to do this.

Guest realatp

Sooooooooo....do the fire handles work in the new Embarer? How's the documentation; tutorials, V-speeds etc.THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED TO ADHERE TO MY CAUTION ABOVE

do the fire handles work in the new Embarer?
the fire systems are not modeled. feelThere does not design failure simulators. can't be that much of a limitation as the ERJv1 is used as a procedure trainer for a real-world airline.
How's the documentation;
80 page manual. the old v1 support forum contains multiple years of information (as the ERJ is still an ERJ).
tutorials
there are two: non-FMS introduction flight (from grant county international, USA), and an FMS introduction from KTOL to KORD.
V-speeds
there is an autocalc 'cheat' as a full v-speed charts for three aircraft types would be 1000's of pages in length ... and are copywrited materials from embraer.
etc.
see the support forum -http://forum.iemit.comregistration required--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

full v-speed charts for three aircraft types would be 1000's of pages in length
That's a little pessimistic... (I guess many have the original 737 series manuals which cover v-speeds for 6 types in there entirety, and they're definitely not 1000s of pages)FeelThere has always lacked the ability to produce decent manuals. The reason for that is completely unclear to me. Looks like hiding important information is a FeelThere strategy. Not publishing v-speeds is a "no-no" at least for me personally, and mentioning copyright more a lame excuse.Andreas

FeelThere has always lacked the ability to produce decent manuals.
have you read the v2 manual?
Looks like hiding important information is a FeelThere strategy.
what has been 'hidden'? the v-speeds are available.
mentioning copyright more a lame excuse.
OK ... you call embraer and say 'i want a copy of all systems, training and reference information for the ERJ 135LR, 145LR, and 145XR. and ... just so ya' know 'mr/mrs embraer' ... i will also make this documentation available for others on the Internet.'--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/