Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

Feelthere ERJ 145 released

Has anyone actually confirmed problems with the ERJ on Vist 64? I've got W7 64 and the new ERJ is working flawlessly. If you even thought you might like the ERJ, I wouldn't let the lack of "official" support stop you. Worst case is you buy it and hold on to it until you change OS's, or they offer official support. It's a great addition to FS.
I bought it, like just about every feelthere offering since 2003 (or so), and it is good, but has little minor problems here and there. On the whole it is a great addition and a wonderful improvement over the 2004-era offering. However, the problem with feelthere, during their Wilco days especially, would come down to support and 64-bit; as in there is no support. Now, to be fair, feelthere/Wilco, make it exceedingly clear that this is the case. But, you are now entitled to zero help even though your problem may NOT be related to the word size of your OS. Best thing to do is just say you have a 32-bit OS when contacting support, this way you'll make it past the "no 64-bit" filter and might have the substance of your issue addressed.Again, it is a great release and a marked improvement over its predecessor.I do wish the v-speeds were in the manual, but, as scoob says, you can find this info right here in the Avsim library. I'll have to look more closely at the manual to see this "autocalc" cheat.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

UT2 is a very flawed traffic addon, cause its dynamic AI loading causes fps havoc if you running cpu at less than 4Ghz.
That is not my experience. I'm running an E8600 @ 3.3, and getting very acceptable framerates with UT II, 80% traffic; certainly at Bristol, obviously slowing down a bit (but still flyable) at London Heathrow or in the NYC area.However I do switch off the option for "moving jetways" - it comes with a cost in processor load for little (for me) visual benefit.Back to the ERJ; I spent some time with it on the ground last night; it looks good for the price and what it sets out to do. No obvious problems with my Vista 64-bit. But when I attempted to load a flight plan into the FMC, I had the experience of someone earlier in this thread, and FSX died. However I wasn't then able to reproduce the problem with that or other flight plans.

Petraeus

A question regarding the HUD...Does the velocity vector [flight path indicator] symbol accurately reflect the aircrafts flightpath?For example, if I place the symbol on the threshold, does that accurately reflect the aircrafts flightpath?The Legacy's didn't, rendering the HUD less beneficial.Majestic achieved this without any difficulty in their Dash.Martin.

Guest Astradan

EDITED BY JEREMY (RIGHSEATER)I thought I was clear above, but apparently not. This thread will stay on topic. If you wish to take up the issue with Ron you may do so through PM or in a separate civil thread.

FeelThere has always lacked the ability to produce decent manuals. The reason for that is completely unclear to me. Looks like hiding important information is a FeelThere strategy.
The manual is not a 300 pages real world AOM, but it's much better than in E-Jets. It covers all FMC functions, describes cockpit switches and procedures, and there are 2 tutorials as mentioned by others. There are no Vspeed charts, but shortcut to autocalculate speeds works ok. Personally I prefer automatic calculation than searching the correct data in charts and entering it manually like in E-jets but that's just lazy me.
Back to the ERJ; I spent some time with it on the ground last night. But when I attempted to load a flight plan, I had the experience of someone earlier in this thread, and FSX died. However I wasn't then able to reproduce the problem with that or other flight plans.
I think there's some kind of bug in FSX related to accesing flight plan by aircraft, because sometimes I have similar flight plan related crashes with default Acceleration Hornet and Flight1 Mustang. But some other addons don't have such problem, maybe developers know a workaround.

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

Guest Loke

My ERJ is flying happily in Win7 64bit.Manual is ok in my eyes. I don`t like *huge* manuals anyway...I like things to be easy to operate...so that one doesn`t need a ton of manuals. This bird IS easy to operate, and it will be the replacement for the NG I will never get back before my hair turns gray or something :(

FeelThere has always lacked the ability to produce decent manuals.
The manual that comes with the ERJv2 is very good, especially if you are new to the aircraft - Feelthere has clearly listened to their customers and addressed many of the complaints about documentation in their previous products. There is also a lot of information collected by Feelthere over the lifetime of the ERJ145 PIC available in the old forum (http://www.iemit.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=3) and on their download page (http://www.feelthere.com/2005/downloads.html). In particular, there is a user-supplied QRH on the download page that has a table of V-speeds for those who for some reason prefer not to use the CALC feature on the MFD.

Guest Astradan
EDITED BY JEREMY (RIGHSEATER)I thought I was clear above, but apparently not. This thread will stay on topic. If you wish to take up the issue with Ron you may do so through PM or in a separate civil thread.
Fair enough, no problem with that.But by removing my comments you've removed sight of the fact that I was completely civil and balanced in my response above, to constantly and wrongly being called a 'liar' by these people.It may have been fairer to add your warning without removing my words - there was nothing offensive in them and it's natural to recourse in directly being called a liar.Happy to move on from this thread now as it has already been pulled away from ERJ discussion.

Fair enough, no problem with that.But by removing my comments you've removed the fact that I was completely civil and balanced in respect of constantly and wrongly being called a 'liar' by these people.It may have been fairer to add your warning without removing my words - there was nothing offensive in them and it's natural to recourse in directly being called a liar.Happy to move on from this thread now as it has already been pulled away from ERJ discussion.
Yes, you were civil in your post by most standards, though I could understand some people seeing it as being a bit aggressive. Let me make it very clear to everyone who is unaware of the issue and note that your post was respectful, at least by my standards. However, I could not allow it to stand after making such a bold caution to everyone to keep this thread on topic. I will leave this post here, contrary to my own statement above, so that everyone involved understands that your post was not edited for uncivil or disrespectful content, but only to adhere to the rules set forth for all to abide by.If I may make a suggestion. Why don't you just PM Ron and both of you can hash things out away from the public eye. You both have good points to make.

Guest Astradan

Thanks Jeremy, completely respect your point and suggestion.

Even after repeated warnings by Rightseater and a not so subtle suggestion to take it private we have yet another attempt by David Rogers to go OT.My PM box is ready but doubt it will be used because it won't provide the public attention that this individual craves. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest Astradan

Can anyone using the ERJ confirm whether it still suffers from the 'wobbling yoke' that was persistant is some of the previous feelThere releases ?I know the yoke can't yet be removed from the VC (although Vic is considering for a future update), hence the question.Thanks in advance,

Can anyone using the ERJ confirm whether it still suffers from the 'wobbling yoke' that was persistant is some of the previous feelThere releases ?I know the yoke can't yet be removed from the VC (although Vic is considering for a future update), hence the question.Thanks in advance,
HelloIt wobbles a bit when the autopilot is doing its thing, but it is not too bad.I will be glad when Vic gets the yoke to dissappear or lower though I can see round it ok with TrackIRSo I am getting used to it, Just seems strange seeing a yoke bobbing around when I am sat holding one.

Even after repeated warnings by Rightseater and a not so subtle suggestion to take it private we have yet another attempt by David Rogers to go OT.My PM box is ready but doubt it will be used because it won't provide the public attention that this individual craves. :(
ENOUGH!!!!Let me apologize to everyone who read the topic title and actually thought they were going to see discussion on the FeelThere ERJ, only to be redirected to a soap opera. This isn't helping us to bring civility back to the forums, quite the contrary. David and Ron - one of you please, please, please get the PMs rolling or it's going to be a long day.Will try not locking this one because I'm guessing some people actually want to discuss this add-on.