Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: The View Forward

I can also do the winglets I: D.I hope that the issues the 737 PMDG NGX also for FS9Thanks PMDGBest Regards Antonio ;)

PMDG has always been about being on the cutting edge, and one should not expect them to curtail their development to suit people who want to run a seven year old host program. Anyone who had the PMDG FS9 737 when it came out will remember that it was for a sim which many struggled to run with the sliders maxed out at the time, hence the various options to load that FS9 737 without the VC etc when it was new. Developing their new NG for FSX alone will be no different in that respect, as with the FS9 737 back then which could be run on a decent computer, the same is true for new FSX aircraft.It's the price we pay for pushing the envelope. Crying about the fact that we have lots of FS2002 and FS2004 scenery and don't want to switch is not going to change that, nor change PMDG's business decision.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Sorry Antonio 737NGX is a FSX only product ! (737NG fs9 )But i think the 900 need a little update for winglets and (er) variant! Best regards

...I assure you that fluidity as FSX will never achieve the fluidity of FS2004....
That's just flat out wrong. Let's be honest, it wasn't until early 2008 that I could afford a computer on a modest budget where I could put the sliders to the right and install any add-on without worrying about encountering unflyable performance. That's a full 5 years after FS2004 was released and 7 years after FS2002 which 2004 shared quite a bit in common with.It was nearly 2007 by the time FSX was released...it's not even three years old. It is ignorant to say that FSX will never run well. It's already doing quite well on low high-end systems. Give it another 1.5-2 years and I bet you it'll run smooth.Additionally, to all of those quoting sales and useage of either FSX or FS2004, why not provide a reference and in particular a date. All information I see within the last 3-6 months are indicating that FSX is at least an equal share of the market. I remember statistics showing FS2004 vastly outnumbering FSX, but if those are 1-2 years ago they are irrelevent numbers.Eric Szczesniak

Eric Szczesniak

That's just flat out wrong. Let's be honest, it wasn't until early 2008 that I could afford a computer on a modest budget where I could put the sliders to the right and install any add-on without worrying about encountering unflyable performance. That's a full 5 years after FS2004 was released and 7 years after FS2002 which 2004 shared quite a bit in common with.It was nearly 2007 by the time FSX was released...it's not even three years old. It is ignorant to say that FSX will never run well. It's already doing quite well on low high-end systems. Give it another 1.5-2 years and I bet you it'll run smooth.Additionally, to all of those quoting sales and useage of either FSX or FS2004, why not provide a reference and in particular a date. All information I see within the last 3-6 months are indicating that FSX is at least an equal share of the market. I remember statistics showing FS2004 vastly outnumbering FSX, but if those are 1-2 years ago they are irrelevent numbers.Eric Szczesniak
I hate to pull this can of beans out but I am going to. I get way more and better frames on FSX than FS9. Granted on FS9 I have my sliders to full max and fsx about half way but sadly FSX looks WAY better

Guys, take it somewhere else. This has been discussed more times than I can count in the past, with the answer always the same. Lets keep the discussion on topic. And, BTW, I too would love some exterior shots. Preferably WN :(

Joe Sherrill

Another screenshot should get rid of the above argument :(

how about we let PMDG decide! wait and see what they do! be happy they have released pics and don't pressure them too much on dates and times,the last thing we want is a rushed product!Great work team on everything so far, i am sure it will be a great kite to fly :)Kane

Do NOT turn this conversation into FS9 vs FSX. Right now this product is being developed for FSX, and as previously stated, if we see a market for FS9, we may port this over to FS9, but right now that looks extremey unlikely.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Here's a question, which PMDG chaps may be able to answer about the forthcoming NG. Does the new one have the VSD? I know not all NGs have it, and you've based it on an actual aircraft that might not be equipped with it, but it would be quite cool if it did, especially for those 'FS ATC vectoring you into terrain' moments. I kind of blagged putting that capability on my Ariane NG by adding the DBS Profile Radar to it, but obviously something that looked more like a real VSD would be pretty groovy, especially for my favourite test flight (EGCC-LEAM), where FS ATC can sometimes get a bit tasty with its vectoring over the Sierra Nevada mountains.Al

Alan Bradbury

vscimone Posted Today, 08:41 AM Do NOT turn this conversation into FS9 vs FSX. Right now this product is being developed for FSX, and as previously stated, if we see a market for FS9, we may port this over to FS9, but right now that looks extremey unlikely.
Completely Agree!!This is not the topic thread for a 9/X debate,Strictly NGX Only is what i suggest for the topic thread,

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Here's a question, which PMDG chaps may be able to answer about the forthcoming NG. Does the new one have the VSD? I know not all NGs have it, and you've based it on an actual aircraft that might not be equipped with it, but it would be quite cool if it did, especially for those 'FS ATC vectoring you into terrain' moments. I kind of blagged putting that capability on my Ariane NG by adding the DBS Profile Radar to it, but obviously something that looked more like a real VSD would be pretty groovy, especially for my favourite test flight (EGCC-LEAM), where FS ATC can sometimes get a bit tasty with its vectoring over the Sierra Nevada mountains.Al
VSD is already in. You'll see it soon enough...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

LOL Thanks Ryan. It's enough to know it is there, I can live without screenshots of it. When it comes, it'll come.Al

Alan Bradbury

Is there any chance that all the updates gone be posted in a different topic wich is locked for the normal public?So it all will be a bit more clear, what is new and what are sugestions

i seriously cannot wait for this plane. This will complete my boeing family, along with your 777 (727,NGX,747,757,767,777). I hope you don't mind me asking but:1. will the airstairs be simulated2. Can we please please PLEASE have some more teaser shots!3. Will the doors be controlled using the FMC (like the MD11)4. Will it be out before September (sorry for this question. If it affends you i apologize)5. Will the Dash 8 go straight into development after release.Cheers guys. Your doing a great job with this bird. Keep up the good work and you should be proud!!!!!!!!!!!