Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: The View Forward

Guest n00bz

So any release date?Mark V

So any release date?Mark V
I hope you are joking mon ami.Rudy.

Hopefully you're able to show us some exterior and system (screens) photos in near future.Looks great so far!Aleksi

What is this? (The unlabeled white button on the lower panel, next to the v/s wheel)

I guess a light sensor to control the brightness of the mcp digits.

i cant wait :( when it release i fly evry day around the world!

Some people have been requesting shots of an alternate MCP. Here are some renders of the two variants that will be available in the release PMDG 737NG 2.0
YES. That's what I'm talking about. TY so much. blush.gifsig.gif

For those asking about a release date, the following is posted on PMDG's help desk:"PMDG has a long standing tradition prohibiting us from providing release dates in advance.We do this in order to prevent "schedule pressure" from influencing our decisions related to product readiness for market.Right now, (as of 20FEB10) we can only say that the PMDG 737NGX will release during 2010.Beyond this we will not speculate.You can generally tell when the product is getting close to release because we start showing you very complete overviews of the airplane in our customer support forum.In the mean time- we will dribble out occasional updates- so pay attention to our forum at AVSim for more information!"So, initially they stated a mid 2010 release, but this is a more current post. They've given themselves some extra breathing room (a good idea) where it could be late in the year, or it could be as early as this summer. If they continue to post screenshots, then it would seem summer is fairly likely.

One of you gave me a link where I can buy a relatively cheap and massive PC for FSX. I reviewed the options and I found two machines. The below one was the cheaper one and if you guys confirm it will be powerful enough to run FSX smoothly with some addons like REX, some AI, some payware scenery and of course some complex addon planes, I will go for it. I am not a PC expert, and don't even know what is i3 CPU and it5, etc. The below one has an i3 CPU, while, the more expensive one has an i7 - if you guys say that the below one is not powerful enough, I will buy the other maybe, but if this one is gonna be OK I will buy this.Titan Xenomorph H2O" Intel Core i3 530 2.93GHz @ 4.20GHz DDR3 AVP Edition Sys + XFX ATI RADEON HD 5830 "AVP EDITION" 1024 GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics CardSystem Specification- Case: Antec 902 Case with Alien Green case fans. - Power Supply: OCZ Stealth Stream 600W Power Supply- CPU: Intel Core i3 530 2.93GHz Clarkdale overclocked to 4.20GHz- Motherboard: Gigabyte H55M-UDH2 Intel H55 (Socket 1156) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard- RAM: Geil Value 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit- Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500BB SATA-II 16MB Cache- Graphics Card: Choice of the latest DirectX 11 graphic cards: XFX ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024MB GDDR5 or XFX ATI Radeon HD 5830 1024MB GDDR5 - Sound: Realtek 7.1 Channel Sound (On-Board)- Optical Drive: LG Blu-Ray 8xROM/16xDVD-RWWatercooling- CPU block: EK Water Blocks EK-Supreme HF Nickel Universal- Reservoir and Pump: XSPC 200 Bay Reservoir & Pump - Clear- Fittings: Bitspower Fittings - G1/4" Threaded 'Stubby' Barbs- Black Sparkle- Tubing: OcUK Value 7/16" Tubing Green - Fluid: Fluid XP+ Eco-Earth Alien Green UVWhat is your opinion, it is really important for me as I am by far not a richman and if I buy a weak machine I will not have the chance to buy another one. I hope the above PC will be OK to run FSX smoothly, even with sliders near the max. If you believe it will not be enough to run FSX, I will show you the alternative option, but I'd rather love to buy this one as this is cheaper.Thanks for all your kind help in deciding!

What is this? (The unlabeled white button on the lower panel, next to the v/s wheel)
That's the "Eject The Captain" button for the FO :(

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

One of you gave me a link where I can buy a relatively cheap and massive PC for FSX. I reviewed the options and I found two machines. The below one was the cheaper one and if you guys confirm it will be powerful enough to run FSX smoothly with some addons like REX, some AI, some payware scenery and of course some complex addon planes, I will go for it. I am not a PC expert, and don't even know what is i3 CPU and it5, etc. The below one has an i3 CPU, while, the more expensive one has an i7 - if you guys say that the below one is not powerful enough, I will buy the other maybe, but if this one is gonna be OK I will buy this...
It's not a bad system, but I don't know that I'd call it ideal. A few comments.1. Pushing the i3 to 4.20 GHz explains the need for water cooling. Still, even with water cooling I'm not sure the i3 is the best chip to push that far and you might see a short life based on that. The i7-920 is $150 more for the chip and instead of spending all that extra money on water cooling, you can buy a $50-60 heat sink and get the same clock speed. This does two things 1) get's rid of water cooling (the simpler the system, the more reliable generally) and 2) gets you an i7 which is an all around beter chip, uses tripple channel RAM and I believe an appreciably faster bus speed over the i3. Even if you don't go all the way to i7, I would at least try to go no less than an i5.2. Your graphics card options are all ATI cards which I am less familiar with. There's a reason for that. Overall, nVidia chipsets seem slightly better prepared to handle MSFS graphics, particularly clouds. I believe those are both solid cards if you do go with ATI. If you do choose ATI, do some research and be sure they aren't multi-core graphics processors. FSX can not use multiple graphics cores so you're likely paying extra money for no benefit. With nVidia, there is predominent logic that any card greater than a 285 does not improve performance in FSX because this was the last single core card (although I've heard people say good things about the 400 series...haven't looked much in to it though).3. RAM: For the system that RAM isn't bad. However, i7's let you use tripple channel RAM (another reason I'd suggest an i7). If you do end up with an i7 I'd look for 3x2GB. Also, given the way the i3/5/7 series overclock you basically overclock the RAM at the same time as the CPU. Given the level of overclock on the CPU I expect this RAM is near it's limit. I might look for 2000 MHz RAM just for a little bit more safety margin.4. Power supply: For such an overclock I think this system is a bit underpowered. I'd look for 700-750W for such a system.5. Sound card: MSFS isn't too sound heavy but logic for me has always been to offload stuff from the CPU as possible. This logic would suggest trying for an actual sound card, not an integrated one. Like I said though, I doubt this will affect performance much.6. Hard drives: The specifications don't mention it, but I would look to be sure this is S-ATA. The old ATA legacy is really a dying breed, so no point in being stuck with already obselete technology.Otherwise, Gigabyte makes very solid motherboards, but I am not familiar with that specific model. Your case is probably fine (I have an Antec 900 that works very well...I imagine the 902 is just some modification of this). Your only concern with the cases is if it get's too cramped and airflow/cooling sufffer. The optical drives are fine--any generic drive will do for FSX. After all, once you install it the optical drives are basically done.I can't say off hand what this will do to the price, these comments are more just generic comments on the weak points. It'll be up to you to make the price vs. gain decisions.

Eric Szczesniak

Guest 413X3

go with an i7 processor and 6gb ram

I am worried about these shots, becuase this means that the development stage is only at VC panels?So we should be waiting until september time.

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Thanks for the detailed response. I might consider the below alternative, same shop (Overclockers.co.uk) but a different model, with i7, and with 6 GB RAM. A bit more expensive though. One can select the desired O/S as well as the Graphics Card from the available models. In this case I would choose the third one, which is a NVIDIA gfx card. Please, be so kind and review the link so you can see it, and let me know, is it a better choice for me?http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct....amp;subcat=1712Thanks indeed!

woudnt be too worried, we don't know when these shots were taken or at what stage of the development they were taken in, could be months old. As for september thats fine by me, you just know this is going to be their best product to date, worth the wait.