Sign in to follow this  
aljones

Pacific North West from ORBX is out !

People are perfectly entitled to express their honest opinion about a product whether other people like that opinion or not.
Entitlement to express an opinion is too often confused to an entitlement to rude or obnoxious manners. Two very different things.That said, I don't have FSX, but from the looks of things, this will be one of the first things I get once I get a new FSX system!

Entitlement to express an opinion is too often confused to an entitlement to rude or obnoxious manners. Two very different things.
Well I don't see any of that in this thread so far.

Guest 747-fan

Oh wow I didn't realize how good your fall textures were! Look at those colors! Whoever does the textures at Orbx - buy that man a beer! :D Question - If we leave PNW enabled in your program "FTX Central", will we see your autogen textures everywhere? I'm asking because up here in Norway we get similar colored trees and houses in real life, I'd like to be able to use it up here too, I don't reckon you'll get around to doing us for some time but this'll do nicely until you get here.

Looks like GEX/UTX to me. What's all the hoopla about?
The hoopla is about the accuracy of the landclass for instance. Every square mile in the area, something UTX does not accomplish. Add to that the textures, which I think are better looking than those of GEX and voila, I'm hooplaing all over the place :( UTX/GEX looks nice. FTX PNW looks fantastic and is accurate.And the scenery has many more features. Read the manual or try the demo when it's released, you'll see.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Though I will of course be buying this scenery, I think everyone has right to express their opinions, even if completely contrary to our own.This scenery has been hyped to the nines, perhaps deservedly so, but that same hype that has us praising it also allows others to criticize it. If the man selling it can say "This the best scenery ever!" in the hopes of selling his product, that entitles the public to question him and his product. This is business, and business is business.I, for one, welcome the criticals opinions. Not because I dislike ORBX, but because I like freedom of speech.

Guest singletracker
voila, I'm hooplaing all over the place
:( still laughing! :(

Hi,I am looking forward to this product! I did preorder it but I am truly disappointed with the download speeds - I have a fast connection (fiber optics, 50 MB download). I understand it is an unusually large file and traffic is huge but GetRight tells me it will take 40 hours to download this file!Anyway, will patiently wait!RegardsEdmundo
Just an update. I filed a ticket with FlightSimStore and they kindly sent me optional D/L links - from 50 kb/s to 5.8 Mb/s....only few minutes away from testing PNW...Edmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

Wow, the video production teaser looked really good! No...actually amazingly good.The AU Blue/Green/Gold/Red series RTM mimicked their respective vids. They were fabulous.I had never seen anything to date within FSX to compare in what ORBX rendered with the whole of Australia. Nothing yet to date, in payware or freeware!I will be following the screenshots from early adopters with interest. :)Mitch

People have the right to give an opinion - even when they don't know what they are talking about. :( There will be many tears this week from those who don't have FSX and wish they had the computer to run it. There will be many who will use all kinds of excuses in order to hide their frustrations. Too bad! If you think that UTX & GEX look like this new PNW scenery, you're only fooling yourself.By the way, quality costs more. You get what you pay for. If you can't afford it, don't buy it. But, please don't insult the intelligence of most of the sim community by using price as an excuse.It's simply pathetic!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

People are perfectly entitled to express their honest opinion about a product whether other people like that opinion or not.
You're absolutely right, of course. But to me it just seems a bit churlish to slag something off on the very day it's released...Maybe I'm just old-fashioned :( Ian

You're absolutely right, of course. But to me it just seems a bit churlish to slag something off on the very day it's released...Maybe I'm just old-fashioned :( Ian
To be fair there has been no "slagging off"has there?

Hi David,Although I can see why you addressed the post listed below, yet you fail to address the individual refering to AVSM members as "BRAIN DEAD" / "MORONS" because we have a difference of oppinion.

"OldB", your opinion is wholeheartedly valuable but you can leave this thread here.Thx!
Love the replies on these forums it always amazes me how brain dead some people are. At best they don't use what little brain power they have to look into something before hitting the [Fast (moron) reply] button.
Are these attcks/statements now permitted here at AVSIM?. Its one thing to disagree with other avsim forum members, but to be referred to as brain dead morons beacuse we disagree is uncalled for.I remember reading in another forum about "The hateful attitude of forum members" and moderators retaking controls of these forums, see attached.http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=265643

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

For those asking what this FTX PNW does for you, first off, it does the job of three products, UTX, GEX and add on mesh (eg, fsgenesis). I own all three, but I still bought PNW. Why? Because it does a better job at all three. The ground textures have a continuity to them that you have to see to appreciate. For example, the roads in the ground textures look natural and real (I'm not talking about the FS grey-line roads, I'm talking about textures). The mesh is more detailed and accurate than any other I've seen. I live on Vancouver Island. The mountains and the hills and every little bump really look right. There's a lot of logging here on the Island and in the PNW. I believe Orbyx created seven different clear cut textures for different stages of regrowth, and they look right. Pristine forest everywhere does not look like what I see out side my door, the mountains in FTX PNW do. Another thing that was done for this addon is over 400 airports got a work over. There are interesting buildings and ground textures at every airport. The land class placement is very accurately placed. What that means is that where there are fields in the real world,there are fields in the scenery. And buildings, and logging and even gravel pits. GEX provides replacement textures, but does nothing for landclass placement. I can't really explain every little thing I like about it. Yes, you can create a similar effect with UTX and GEX, but believe me, the ftx scenery is much more immersive and real looking.

Hi,Thanks for the reply, I own all the products you mentioned. Does it pay to purchase Orbx if the products listed are already installed (UTX/GEX/FSGenesis) into FSX?. Can we see some screen shots of Orbx side-by-side or overlayed against UTX/GEX/FSGenesis?. I do not live in the area and do not see a big difference in he screen shots I have seen.

For those asking what this FTX PNW does for you, first off, it does the job of three products, UTX, GEX and add on mesh (eg, fsgenesis). I own all three, but I still bought PNW. Why? Because it does a better job at all three. The ground textures have a continuity to them that you have to see to appreciate. For example, the roads in the ground textures look natural and real (I'm not talking about the FS grey-line roads, I'm talking about textures). The mesh is more detailed and accurate than any other I've seen. I live on Vancouver Island. The mountains and the hills and every little bump really look right. There's a lot of logging here on the Island and in the PNW. I believe Orbyx created seven different clear cut textures for different stages of regrowth, and they look right. Pristine forest everywhere does not look like what I see out side my door, the mountains in FTX PNW do. Another thing that was done for this addon is over 400 airports got a work over. There are interesting buildings and ground textures at every airport. The land class placement is very accurately placed. What that means is that where there are fields in the real world,there are fields in the scenery. And buildings, and logging and even gravel pits. GEX provides replacement textures, but does nothing for landclass placement. I can't really explain every little thing I like about it. Yes, you can create a similar effect with UTX and GEX, but believe me, the ftx scenery is much more immersive and real looking.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck