Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

I tried it, but only the folder shaders reamde itself. Sadders10 was not there (still the shadders10.old though)in the ShadersHLSL I have 6 subfolders: Commun, FixedFunction,General, misc, PostProcess, Terrainin the Shaders: Commun, FixedFunction,General, misc, Terrainin the Shaders10: ShadersHLSL.... inside it: general, misc, terrainThts what I have now in DX9...EDIT: you can PM me if you want, I dont want to squat your topic haha
Did you put the SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=xxx (where xxx is any number) line in the GRAPHICS section of the FSX.CFG file like Jean-Paul told you too? It wasn't in the FSX.CFG file you posted. Without it the Shaders will never recompile, and you'll see these problems. The only other way (Which is what I do incidentally), is to actually delete the compiled Shader folder and remove the SHADER_CACHED_PRIMED line from the FSX.CFG, and let the sim rebuild it.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest genbrien
Did you put the SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=xxx (where xxx is any number) line in the GRAPHICS section of the FSX.CFG file like Jean-Paul told you too? It wasn't in the FSX.CFG file you posted. Without it the Shaders will never recompile, and you'll see these problems. The only other way (Which is what I do incidentally), is to actually delete the compiled Shader folder and remove the SHADER_CACHED_PRIMED line from the FSX.CFG, and let the sim rebuild it.
thx, but its there, go read again, just under allow_shader_30=1...... I changed the cache number aswell but still no luck

thx, but its there, go read again, just under allow_shader_30=1...... I changed the cache number aswell but still no luck
You said you are having this problem, regardless of what shader version you are using correct? lets do the following.. are you in the US? tomorrow is a holiday here, I don't usually do this, but I don't have any problem calling you tomorrow during the day and checking everything with you and fix the problem. Send me a private message if you are interested, because I don't have any more options I can think of.Do I final check doing the following, write the following line:notepad %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.cfgIn the search portion here:and press enter.. CHECK for ALLOW_SHADER_30 and SHADER_CACHE_VERSION and give me the values:

Opps, sorry, don't know how I missed it!! :( You probably are doing this, but are you changing that number each time you recompile? If not same applies!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest genbrien
You said you are having this problem, regardless of what shader version you are using correct? lets do the following.. are you in the US? tomorrow is a holiday here, I don't usually do this, but I don't have any problem calling you tomorrow during the day and checking everything with you and fix the problem. Send me a private message if you are interested, because I don't have any more options I can think of.Do I final check doing the following, write the following line:notepad %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.cfgIn the search portion here:and press enter.. CHECK for ALLOW_SHADER_30 and SHADER_CACHE_VERSION and give me the values:
oh sh*t it's working.What I dont understand, is that I changed it, as it was instructed, in the appdata/local/microsoft/fsx/fsx.cfg. But when I typed ''%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.cfg'' the ALLOW_SHADER_30 and SHADER_CACHE_VERSION was not there :( . and it was the 1st time that I saw the loading bar for creating/updating the cache folder :( Anyway, thanks alot all for your help!I may enjoy flying again :(

thanks, for the quick response....is there a cure?
Yes, it will require Water to be changed back to Shader 2.0 which defeats the purpose of the mod.

Yes, it will require Water to be changed back to Shader 2.0 which defeats the purpose of the mod.
In the meantime, I decided to simpoly restore FSX from a recent Acronis backup...which was a less elegant, but simple way to cure the problem. I do want to monitor this forum for periodic updates because, aside from the washouts, I really do like what your ultimate goal is for the hobby. Thanks, *******...Sherm

I thought that I read most of this thread and thought that someone mentioned whitecaps. Does anyone know what I need to do to get whitecaps with shader mod 3.0 and are they contingent on wind speed?jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

I thought that I read most of this thread and thought that someone mentioned whitecaps. Does anyone know what I need to do to get whitecaps with shader mod 3.0 and are they contingent on wind speed?jja
You can't (yet) but it is possible... If you look at the source code for the Shader mod, the wind factor has been included with the intention of adding whitecaps in a future revision. I assume for Shader Mod v2.0 depending on how well the v1.5 is received.. there is also the 'integration' with the Water Configurator and I'm expecting some enviroment add-on developers to start experimenting with Shader 3.0 to see what other things I can add/enhance.

You can't (yet) but it is possible... If you look at the source code for the Shader mod, the wind factor has been included with the intention of adding whitecaps in a future revision. I assume for Shader Mod v2.0 depending on how well the v1.5 is received.. there is also the 'integration' with the Water Configurator and I'm expecting some enviroment add-on developers to start experimenting with Shader 3.0 to see what other things I can add/enhance.
Can't wait to see it working.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

I found the cause of my problem with the "Grids"...It was due to Nhancer.As soon as I installed the new 257.17 drivers and Nick's tweak, the grids were gone. Now I'm using bojote's shader mod and it's looking great.(there are some very faint grids appearing at some angles during the sunrise and sunset time frames but I think it's due to the default graphic files themselves and not the shader mod.)Thanks again, *******!

Alexander Alonso

I found the cause of my problem with the "Grids"...It was due to Nhancer.Thanks again, *******!
No prob... I'm having great results with the 257.15 drivers, the Shader Mod and BP=0.. I really never had the grids, but it could be also related to the REX water theme you have installed.. mine looks absolutely fantastic, also having Water set to HIGH 2.0 makes it look very very good.

*******, maybe you can help me a bit:I noticed lots of shimmering on my water when using the SM3 mod. I didn't notice it before, I had a calm set installed. But since using Sparkling from REX2 again, I have very weird water. It gets white spots, not near the wave effect sparkling water should cause. And it doesn't look better.I was wondering if I was either doing something wrong, or something. Tried the latest 1.3 and 1.5 mods, set SHADER_CACHE_VERSION to a higher number, tried deleting ShadersHLSL in Shaders10 (I think both do the same thing), shaders are allowed in fsx.cfg, since everything else is working OK.Do you know about this problem, maybe has been reported on the thread, without me looking through 11 pages now :-)

No prob... I'm having great results with the 257.15 drivers, the Shader Mod and BP=0.. I really never had the grids, but it could be also related to the REX water theme you have installed.. mine looks absolutely fantastic, also having Water set to HIGH 2.0 makes it look very very good.
I'm afraid I spoke too soon (again...) :( I still have the grids. Apparently I had not updated the SHADER_CACHE_VERSION after installing your updated shader mod again. I had previously installed all of your other shader folders except for the terrain folder and it worked fine this way. (obviously without the new water shaders.) So back to the drawing board...

Alexander Alonso

*******, maybe you can help me a bit:I noticed lots of shimmering on my water when using the SM3 mod. I didn't notice it before, I had a calm set installed. But since using
Hi Word Not Allowed!The shimmering is due to the new anisotropic filter being used for texture magnification/minifaction for the water in the shaders. If I don't use this filter, then water will look a bit unrealistic, at least, for my taste.Open the Water20.fhx file inside the terrain folder for ShadersHLSLsearch the string: Water_BumpSamplerNotice what I did to that Sampler (compare it with the sampler above and below it) see it? the lines that were changed:
	MinFilter	 = D3DTEXF_ANISOTROPIC;	MagFilter	 = D3DTEXF_ANISOTROPIC;	MipFilter	 = D3DTEXF_LINEAR;	MipMapLodBias = -1;

the above are the 'properties' the sampler will use... if you want to stick to the defaults, you can replace the above with this:

MinFilter	 = (State_MinFilter);	MagFilter	 = (State_MagFilter);	MipFilter	 = (State_MipFilter);	MipMapLodBias = (State_MipMapLodBias);

Give the above change a try and tell me if you think the resulting water looks better. (dont forget to do a shader re-compile!)BTW, the 'defaults' use the 'LINEAR' filter, for magnification, minification and mipmaps for textures. And the 'default' LOD bias is 0, I changed it to -1 to make the water look a bit 'sharper' and less blurry.I agree, and understand that our preferences as simmers are very very different, but I don't want to release 'multiple' shader mods to try to please everyone, I rather point out what needs to be changed so you can customize it to your particular needs and flying style.The above will also eliminate the 'grids' some people are experiencing, but.. again, after more than 3 weeks using the 1.5 Shaders I'm more than pleased with the water I see.