Sign in to follow this  
Hugo346

NL2000 version 4.0 released

Rick,The file " nl2k_v4_ehrd Rotterdam The Hague Airport" is indeed in the library but it is not in the file list (EHDR is listed twice).Regards

Edmundo Azevedo

Also note that there are a few airports that come in two flavors: EHSB, EHTW and EHVB (I think those are all): you should only use ONE of those at a time, so de-activate the one you are not going to use! EHSB has a version that puts you back to 1980 and the other two have an active and closed base version.

Some screenies of this awesome scenery HERE

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Well after about 18 hours of solid downloading, I got it all.It's amazing these guys did a fantastic job, truly a labor of love!It's not too bad on frames, but it is scenery+autogen so there is some framerate hit. I can't use REX weather with the scenery as the toll is too high, but who's looking at the sky anyway :( It seems to be making some conflicts with my Aerosoft Leylstad, but I can live with it.

Well after about 18 hours of solid downloading, I got it all.It's amazing these guys did a fantastic job, truly a labor of love!It's not too bad on frames, but it is scenery+autogen so there is some framerate hit. I can't use REX weather with the scenery as the toll is too high, but who's looking at the sky anyway :( It seems to be making some conflicts with my Aerosoft Leylstad, but I can live with it.
I wonder how you managed that...After 24 hours I still don't have a complete file (of the photoscenery I mean).I have to agree that the work is awesome, no question about that but the way to go to download this is a pita.After trying to get some reasonable download speed for two days now, I gave up.My pc doesn't run on free electricity and with the speeds I manage (and no, I am not on a dial-up modem) I have to let it run for several weeks...No fun there so I cancelled the downloads.SorryLuc BrusselmansBelgium

I notice that at least one other person has my problem in a reply (bet we are not unique). I have an impossible download rate. Yesterday, it took all day to download the first listed Photoscenery file ("nl2k_v4_resample_DR"). This morning, I tried the next file, "nl2k_v4_resample_FL" and it loaded for a while at about 15 to 60 KB/SEC. I deleted it and started over. Now the download speed is zero. At this rate, it would take me weeks if not months to download all of this fine contribution.I have noticed in the past that some download sights are a problem for me, and others are not relative to speed. So far, I have just thought that the load on the other end was slowing things down, but I am second guessing that. For instance, downloads from the flightsim site are also always very slow, although they eventually complete the download. However, from AvSim there is no problem at all and they are at least ten to twenty times faster. Unfortunately from the Nl2004v4 site, my download speed at the minute is zero and has been for several hours now. Is the site possibly just saturated with folks trying to download, or does someone have any idea what is wrong from my end?My supplier is Verizon DSL. They never have ever been a speed demon, but from most sites I can download @ a few hundred KB/SEC.I do have all firewalls, spam protection, and AntiVirus provisions disabled.Any ideas, and is anyone else seeing this kind of scenario?Specs. are attached for whatever that might be worth:Thanks:RTHEdit: Note: Just noticed that after I sent this reply, I am now downloading the NL2000v4 file at a whopping 4 to 11 KB/SECPrimary System:ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel ATX MotherboardIntel Core i7-975 Extreme Quad Core CPUScythe SY124010L CPU Fam6GB (3x2GB) 240 Pin DDR3 1600 OCZ3P1600LV6GK MemoryWinXP Pro 64 BitEVGA 01G-P3-1180-AR GeForce GTX 285 1GB 512 bigt DDR3 Video Graphics Card23" HPw2338h Primary Monitor21

The total size of NL2000 version 4.0 is 32 GB.WoawThat's 1GB for 1250 km

The total size of NL2000 version 4.0 is 32 GB.WoawThat's 1GB for 1250 km

Paul Skol

I also was able to finally try this scenery. For a freebie it's okay, of course (the installer and the modular setup absolutely great for freeware!), but it doesn't give me the impression I am actually flying there (like PNW does). I am simply flying above utterly flat scans... Guess photoreal isn't really meant for me. :( It's nice being able to fly above my own country, though, but it just doesn't look real to me

Rick,The file " nl2k_v4_ehrd Rotterdam The Hague Airport" is indeed in the library but it is not in the file list (EHDR is listed twice).Regards
Correct. And EHVK (Volkel) is also missing.

Hi Folks

it doesn't give me the impression I am actually flying there (like PNW does). I am simply flying above utterly flat scans... Guess photoreal isn't really meant for me. :( It's nice being able to fly above my own country, though, but it just doesn't look real to me
J -Think of it a a WIP. :( The original FS2002 Visualflight photo-sceneryand subsequently Horizon's GenXall started off as 'empty' landscapes.The community has over time populated these,with highly accurate scenery placement renditions of IRL.EarthSimulation's pending release Treescapes packageswill substantially further enhance these.Outside of OrbX & PNW's extremely localized photo-scenery areas,the remainder is fictitious generic landclass,albeit 'pretty' landclass. :( Given 6 or 12 months,it'll be interesting to see how users have populated NL2000 v4.HTHATBPaul