Sign in to follow this  
Arjun_Dayal_Mathur

Barefoot Bandit ! Airplane Thief

what specifically was the potential though? were there any close calls? how did he operate the aircraft?Training reduces potential, and what's more important in day to day matters makes it legal. Most simmers would have no issues taking off and flying around in an airplane though, they might be nervous but they could probably do it - and low time pilots do their solos all the time, with only the basics learned.He hurt no-one, and many of the people who may have been hurt by him (The landowners/Cessna owner etc.) Their loss is hardly a tragedy.

Ed, it's absolutely no different that the case of an unlicensed, untrained driver stealing an 18 wheeler and attempting to drive cross-country. By that very act, the potential for disaster is present. Legally it's called "reckless disregard" for a very valid reason.At every moment from wheels up to crash, the potential for disaster was present. While the same is true even if the pilot is fully licensed and trained, the potential for harm is significantly reduced because of the training received prior to being tested and licensed.

HelloMods please lock this thread.There is no way we can compete with the wisdom and knowledge of RyanBI am going off now to reassess my journey through life so far, I have been operating with the wrong set of values all alongThanks for providing such a valuable lesson Ryan , By the end of this week I will have acquired everything I ever wanted and no one will be dead , so thats fine.Have you any tips on staying out of jail, that's he only bit I haven't got worked out yet :(

He's going to go to jail, he broke the law.(shrugs) Law's aren't always fair either, but the merits and demerits of each law is something that could be discussed for a lifetime, what matters is what is, and he's going to jail (Which I agree he should, and don't contest)Congrats on your acquisition, I've said all I've had to say regarding subjects of "Wealth" (or at least got the basics on the table) so for their sake lets hope you stop and think of the people who may have been hurt a long the way :(

HelloMods please lock this thread.There is no way we can compete with the wisdom and knowledge of RyanBI am going off now to reassess my journey through life so far, I have been operating with the wrong set of values all alongThanks for providing such a valuable lesson Ryan , By the end of this week I will have acquired everything I ever wanted and no one will be dead , so thats fine.Have you any tips on staying out of jail, that's he only bit I haven't got worked out yet :(

Excellent,You've well displayed the flippant practice of which is generally seen with psychologists. :( Remarks of a diagnosis in mental illness after reading what the media's told you.That's not the best way to go about things, is it? :(
...and you Ryan are displaying the flippant practice of what is known as "hasty generalization," which by the way is also a logical fallacy. You have absolutely no idea whatever the sources of my information.As none of this has any bearing on the topic of this thread, I'll stop at this point and simply wish you a long life and a good day. May you live long enough to learn the same lessons I've learned, the foremost of which is: The older I get the more I realize just how much there is I don't know!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Perhaps,But it's yet to be seen if you have any sources of information that are reliable, the most reliable sources are from one's self.Have you given any tests to the kid?For what it's worth you can't answer that as it breaches the ideology of a patient's rights of privacy.You messed it up one way or the other bill. (Flippant, or lacking the respect for a patient's privacy). I'm simply deducing based on what you've said. :( Have a good one bill.

...and you Ryan are displaying the flippant practice of what is known as "hasty generalization," which by the way is also a logical fallacy. You have absolutely no idea whatever the sources of my information.As none of this has any bearing on the topic of this thread, I'll stop at this point and simply wish you a long life and a good day. May you live long enough to learn the same lessons I've learned, the foremost of which is: The older I get the more I realize just how much there is I don't know!

What?It appears that you're a great person yourself as well. that's a pretty violent remark and wish.The fact of the matter is, the kid didn't hurt anyone. name a person who came forward and said that kid cut me, punched me, threw me the ground - this or that. who'd he hurt?Now that this is established (He's hurt nobody...)Understand that nobody said the kids right, he broke the law he's wrong he's going to jail. That doesn't mean he's a "Horrible thief good riddance to him" though. He's stolen from victims who were already more well off than what they needed, Greedy people themselves those who have contributed to the hard life of others. He tipped the scales for a bit. That's all.
Frankly, that's a lot of nonsense. I'm not wishing ill on anyone who hasn't asked for it by their actions, but in any case, if you are going to base an entire judgement with regards to my temperament on one flippant remark, then feel free to do so. I'm not in the least bit violent as it happens.It's true that I will get by without my shiny guitar which was stolen, just as the person whose aircraft was taken will no doubt also manage. But you don't know that the owner of the stolen aircraft is greedy, just as you are in no position to know if I am greedy for having bought an expensive guitar. I don't need to make any apologies for having done that, I worked damn hard for the money, and for all we know, the person with the aircraft which was stolen may have worked similarly hard for his or her possession. It might be their retirement present to themselves after years of toil for all I know. So it's got nothing to do with somehow righteously tipping the scales, the only scales this kid has upset, are the scales of justice.What is more, if you imagine that coming home to find your house has been broken into and lots of your irreplaceable stuff has been taken by somebody, isn't in the least bit hurtful, then you must have never had it happen to you. There are more ways to hurt someone that physically hitting them.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I play guitar too, and like my indulgance Chock. You wished ill on someone for a non-violent act (theft), for stealing your guitar he should be hit by a bus? That sounds very violent to me.500,000 dollars, USD, is an item of luxury, the money of which comes via - Greed.Like I said, your time is always worth more money, it's the foundation of capitalism. I've had dignity stolen from me previously, I've also been relieved of a motorcycle about a year ago, worth about 4,000. It sucks, but I don't wish harm on the guy who took it. There's an obvious difference in opinion here, and for that you seem to think my opinion is nonsense, but is it?Shame%20On%20You.gif

I,ve tried to stay out of this,but this really irks me!!.."500,000 dollars, USD, is an item of luxury, the money of which comes via - Greed."I surely hope you never have to suffer with any item(s) of luxury throughout your life so you can,t be considered ..."greedy"My airplane didn,t come from "greed",but 50 years of hard work!! While all the lazy,sorry,worthless (YES!!! WORTHLESS!!!)people sit around and whine about the "greedy" people...

eh,what happened to the Second Amendment?He has the right to bear arms so I don't see why that is a problem.And he doesn't have to explain why,too,it is his right according to the law.Good luck proving he wanted to use it for anything other then his own protection.
He was arrested in the Bahamas--his "right to bear arms" does not extend to other countries, or do you consider the Bahamas merely a possession of the U.S.? The guy was a criminal--and in most states if someone comes at you carrying a weapon with the intent to rob you, their life is forfeit. What is wrong with this friggin' universe when someone steals like this punk and people defend him? Keep rationalizing for him.-John

So he was in the bahamas, with a gun, and possibly violated a law....Because he carries a weapon his crimes are violent? I've yet to see the story where he goes into someone's house waving a gun. :( You're blowing it out of proportion john. Carrying a gun does not a violent, or for that matter particularly dangerous offender make. Potentially dangerous? sure. Potential and actual are two different things entirely though, because he didn't use the gun in violence it makes absolutely no difference that he had the gun on him.

He was arrested in the Bahamas--his "right to bear arms" does not extend to other countries, or do you consider the Bahamas merely a possession of the U.S.? The guy was a criminal--and in most states if someone comes at you carrying a weapon with the intent to rob you, their life is forfeit. What is wrong with this friggin' universe when someone steals like this punk and people defend him? Keep rationalizing for him.-John

I find you're being hypocritical john, You're full happy to crucify this kid, but are unaccepting of your own flaws and crimes in society. This kid's crimes are not those of Horror murder and rape and he doesn't need to be given a pitchfork. Ryan
And I find you completely off your rocker Ryan.... For the umpteenth time, I have not suggested he have the book thrown at him but I have said his crimes are serious. Throw words into my mouth, even libel me (I have not been convicted of any crime in society and I don't give a friggin' hoot how you define crime--you are not the legal system so use that word on the wrong person, I suspect you will find your butt banned from these forums.) Seriously kid--get your head examined before you decide that something more serious than theft can be completely rationalized away. -John

RyanB I always thought that maybe something was not quite right with you due to your association with a certain company but put it down to all the flak you have got in the past. Now I'm sure of it, glad I'll be getting a refund tonight.....

Rob Prest

I beg your pardon?what does my association with anyone have to do with....anything?.Honestly, these posts, here, rerpresent my opinions, and my opinions only, :(

RyanB I always thought that maybe something was not quite right with you due to your association with a certain company but put it down to all the flak you have got in the past. Now I'm sure of it, glad I'll be getting a refund tonight.....

Rolling%20Eyes.gif Your indulgance is a crime on humanity (So is mine). I'm totally okay by the way, my rocker is fine my head, balanced, life - good. Thanks for your concern though. :( Honestly, "Old man" don't act like you own the forums, I've made honest and valid points - I've not condoned that he's right, but have defended that his crimes are not ultimately very serious in nature. they are laughable in the scheme of things. You can rationalize your pitchforks, and your prosumption of my insanity all you like, for my sake I hope you get banned too if the hammer comes flying, your attitude has turned awful. You're guilty as I am for words in the mouth :( . Not very nice, is it?
So this is all about me, nothing about your attitude is wrong? Don't you see the challenge with that Ryan? "Don't act like you own the forumns". That is exactly what you are doing. "Honest and valid points". You've turned a discussion about the kids actions into picking at faults with society. You are right (and if you are really interested in honestly, you will see I have said exactly what you have said). You cannot use a drop of gas in this country without being responsible for someone's death, usually someone in Saudi Arabia who gets their head chopped off for kissing their girlfriend. Yet our country says "let other cultures be themselves" so it can get its fix of oil. Anyone who has ever used an illegal drug in this country has been involved in the death of someone, because the narco wars are all about getting drugs to those who crave them. There is nothing "wrong" with what you are saying, just the time and place. Using anyone's crime as a reason to discuss all these things is wrong. You want to shift the attention from this kid to your political views. You are even willing to lie to do it, because I for one have never said the kid should be crucified--only that his crimes are serious and certainly not laughable.Read the forum rules--my politics and yours are not allowed and I had to break the forum rules to get you to see my point, which is probably futile.Regards,John