Sign in to follow this  
VIPERGTSR01

New Microsoft Flight Simulator announced!

Someone said earlier that there could be some involvment from ORBX, FlyTampa crews or maybe even a larger amount of current developers involved in the Flight project, signed NDAs and what not.
:( Say - Isn't this how rumors get started? ;)Maybe post a link to the original source :)Most all developers have signed MS NDA's at one point or another.It doesn’t imply some sort of collaboration – beyond sharing information and insights.

Guest Hairy_Satchel

Can someone please help me. I am trying to play the video of Microsoft Fight but I' getting a lot of stuttering. I have bought a new video card, updated sound and video driver and bought more ram for my rig. All to no avail. Is there a tweak I can make to my config file to make it run smoother. Maybe its my T-1 connection. :(

Guest Nils79
What I do really-really like is they’ve got a “One Six Right” sort of feel.From the narration, the music, even the titles.If you’re familiar with that movie - I think you’d agree that’s a great direction for Flight.I hope the team watches it once a month.

"Gee I've been an FSX'er and now I'm going to be an MF'er?"(or something similar)
:( :(

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest veeray
Hard to say if it will be an FSX replacement or not.Maybe it will end up being like a patched version of FSX that is basically the same, runs a little better, and has more game play/missions in it that you can use if you so choose.
You got me there! New binaries are easily worth $60 dollars to me...

Guest freebird77

Why the negative comments that it isn't in game video or was some how cumputerized real video? Thats lame! Shame%20On%20You.gif Water of the like that has been available for in game use for years and I doubt MS would pull a magic screenie gaff again. Hats off to MS for doing this and I cant wait!

Guest b737lvr

I am guessing a October-September 2011 release. Look at the past Flight Sims, all were released in that time of the year (Except FS2004)

Emailed msflight@microsoft.com again, as it sent back an undeliverable the first time I tried (Tuesday)Got this auto response back - nice :( _________________________________________________________________________Thank you for sending your email to the Microsoft Flight comments alias! We appreciate your comments. This is a no-response email site used to gather feedback from YOU - our most valued customer. We hope you are as excited about Microsoft Flight as we are. Thank you for helping us to create the very best experience for virtual flight! The Microsoft Flight team_________________________________________________________________________Something to note - 'Thank you for helping us to create the very best experience for virtual flight!' - hopefully this means realism too! :(

Water of the like that has been available for in game use for years
Ever played Silent Hunter 5? Not impossible in-game, but that video is pre-rendered.

Emailed msflight@microsoft.com again, as it sent back an undeliverable the first time I tried (Tuesday)Got this auto response back - nice :( _________________________________________________________________________Thank you for sending your email to the Microsoft Flight comments alias!We appreciate your comments. This is a no-response email site used to gather feedback from YOU - our most valued customer. We hope you are as excited about Microsoft Flight as we are. Thank you for helping us to create the very best experience for virtual flight!The Microsoft Flight team_________________________________________________________________________Something to note - 'Thank you for helping us to create the very best experience for virtual flight!' - hopefully this means realism too! :(
All it means is that you got an automated response written by the public relations department!.

All it means is that you got an automated response written by the public relations department!.
Yeah. Sorry, I should have stripped the positivity out of it before I posted and gone for the true meaning. Jeez Rolling%20Eyes.gif

Yeah. Sorry, I should have stripped the positivity out of it before I posted and gone for the true meaning. Jeez Rolling%20Eyes.gif
Well, Microsoft isn't going to say it's not going to be the very best experience for virtual flight is it?If FS2004 was "As Real as it Gets" as Microsoft claimed there'd be no need for FSX or Flight would there?.

Whereas the positivity about this announcement is all well and good, personally I have no trust in a company that dropped ACES like an expendable afterthought and left all of us hardcore simmers high and dry as they say. I'd be shocked if "Flight" was anything but a light-hearted / silly game that appeals to the social networking/online crowd and leaves 99% of us hardcore simmers very disappointed. I hope I am wrong, we'll see.United
OK, Mr. glass half empty, but that half empty glass is full of poison, guy!   :(

Well, Microsoft isn't going to say it's not going to be the very best experience for virtual flight is it?If FS2004 was "As Real as it Gets" as Microsoft claimed there'd be no need for FSX or Flight would there?.
FS98,FS2000,FS2004 and FSX were all "as real as it got" using the systems and programming at the time they came out.

Guest negerjet

I see this "flight" as a good thing for us simmers if it turns out to be what i think it is. A game for casual players, but at the same time leaves plenty of room for hardcore simmers and addon developers. Bringing in the casual gamers is only a good thing for us all, alot more copies sold, and more will get interest in flightsimming, much bigger market for addons of all kinds. I will stay positive for now, no reason not to be. Bring it on.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.