Sign in to follow this  
VIPERGTSR01

New Microsoft Flight Simulator announced!

Am I the only one that thinks the graphics on the MS flight web page is lame? It sure as hell does not look like the video teaser!

ROFL !! No one here knows anything about this, it's ALL speculation, and 10 pages already based just on a 1/2 a$$ press release.I can't wait for the actual release, I still remember the circus when FSX was released, "FSX SUCKS, this is wrong, that is wrong, they should have done this, they should have done that", ad nausem.... bring it on! Talking%20Ear%20Off.gif Meantime I'll be flying and enjoying FSX and all the great addons.

Jay

Am I the only one that thinks the graphics on the MS flight web page is lame? It sure as hell does not look like the video teaser!
Graphics...? Where? I only see that video teaser over there!

Graphics...? Where? I only see that video teaser over there!
I think he means the look of the web page.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

To all people who have negative feelings towards MS Flight (which does include me every now and then :( ): let's not forget that the WORST thing that can happen is that MS Flight sucks big time and... we still have glorious FSX (or even FS9, if you want to)! So nothing is lost. Nothing CAN be lost! There is only something to be gained from this all, and that's great, isn't it? If the release of MS Flight would somehow mean we can't fly in FSX or FS9 anymore, well, than obviously there is reason to be negative or whatever, but obviously this isn't going to happen, so... why the negativity? Do you like what you've got right now? Well, then be happy with it and enjoy the new possibilities this new game may give us!I am looking forward to whatever news that may be released about MS Flight in the (hopefully) near future. It's going to be an exciting year. Not only because of MS Flight but also because of everything that will be released for FSX. Imho these are the glory days of flight simming: things have never been better and the future has never looked brighter!!! :(

Microsoft Flight - new "in-house" team working from the previous codebase (FS9) but now focused on streamlining the platform into the MS LIVE for Windows paradigm, and using the latest DX11 APIs and tools.
Instead of flying with FS9 or FSX, I spend my time reading about FLIGHT.That FS9 with DX11 or might be DX12 at the time of release sounds interesting.Time will tell I believe....Sam

Sam. 

Waiting for the 64-bit PSION Flightsim for ZX-Spectrum ////

Graphics...? Where? I only see that video teaser over there![/quThe picture of the plane and the Island on the fron page of the web page. It looks worse than FSX!

The picture of the plane and the Island on the fron page of the web page. It looks worse than FSX!
O, that one. You can hardly see anything on it: an almost blue sky and the silhouette of an island... plus a plane. I see no need to be negative about it: it's a simple picture and certainly not an ingame screenshot. I don't know how such a picture could look worse in FSX. Is FSX able to portray such a silhouette with that light behind it...? This could be a great improvement in MS Flight...! :( Seems to me you are searching for things to complain about... :(

If it was a Game I don't think MS would be talking to 3rd Party DEVS...........According to George[flytampa Site Admin] "Orbx aren't the only ones that signed Microsoft Documents recently" And here are some quotes from JV at Orbx"please do not ask us for more information" Why would we be asking ORBX for information ?? "you need to understand we simply cannot say anything at this early stage. Please respect our wishes in that regard" WE and OUR huh ??And why would they say anthing if they don't know anything ?"I could tell you more, but I'd have to shoot you" Hmmmm....Sounds like JV could tell you more but he's not allowed too...

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

O, that one. You can hardly see anything on it: an almost blue sky and the silhouette of an island... plus a plane. I see no need to be negative about it: it's a simple picture and certainly not an ingame screenshot. I don't know how such a picture could look worse in FSX. Is FSX able to portray such a silhouette with that light behind it...? This could be a great improvement in MS Flight...! :( Seems to me you are searching for things to complain about... :(
I hope you are right. Just the airplane in the front page doesn't have any reflective surfaces and looks very cartoonish. The "picture" is just not up to par with the trailer.

Just to dispel some myths:- We have not signed any documents with MS- We asked people to not quiz us on Flight because there's been some misleading rumors over the past months we are working with MS- My "we'd have to shoot you" quip was just me being tongue in cheek- Based on the last NDA Orbx signed with MS during the FSX beta back in 2006/07, no developer can even admit to signing any documents because that in itself is a breach of the NDA terms. Maybe the Flight NDA is more relaxed? I doubt it though, knowing their legal processesMy thoughts on Flight?It's just a marketing announcement and website skeleton launch, nothing more. MS have flagged their intent but delivered little to no information and certainly no specifics. I imagine that they have a very clear and tightly controlled PR plan over the next year or so. This is no different to many other 'stealth' launches of many games on the market.- Orbx will support Flight if and when it's released (and if there's money in it for us, obviously)- We're very happy that MS are continuing the franchise- We welcome Microsoft's obvious reach to a global moms and pops non-enthusiast market; that has to be good for every FS developer- Our focus remains very much with FSX, which is now the premiere FS platform globally, with the largest installed base (by a huge margin) and still selling tens of thousands of units a month for MS, so much so they had to recompile the gold master because they exhausted their registration key range- I've certainly enjoying quite a few belly laughs at the speculative comments people have posted, which seem to be based on a few lines of PR agency textLet normal programming commence; it's far too early for us to spend cycles on Flight right now.Finally - on behalf of all FS9 and FSX developers, I ask that you please don't stop buying our software - if you want 3rd party add ons for Flight it's absolutely vital you continue to support this industry, because we all need to survive to be around to do the R&D to develop for Flight. Pressing the pause button now based on one teaser trailer would kill off the developer community before we even get our hands on the new SDK.

Cheers,

John Venema

Orbx_Logo_Avatar.png

Finally - on behalf of all FS9 and FSX developers, I ask that you please don't stop buying our software - if you want 3rd party add ons for Flight it's absolutely vital you continue to support this industry, because we all need to survive to be around to do the R&D to develop for Flight. Pressing the pause button now based on one teaser trailer would kill off the developer community before we even get our hands on the new SDK.
Amen! Preach on Brother John! I'm not at all anxious to have to go out and get a "real job..." :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

To all people who have negative feelings towards MS Flight (which does include me every now and then :( ): let's not forget that the WORST thing that can happen is that MS Flight sucks big time and... we still have glorious FSX (or even FS9, if you want to)! So nothing is lost. Nothing CAN be lost! There is only something to be gained from this all, and that's great, isn't it? If the release of MS Flight would somehow mean we can't fly in FSX or FS9 anymore, well, than obviously there is reason to be negative or whatever, but obviously this isn't going to happen, so... why the negativity? Do you like what you've got right now? Well, then be happy with it and enjoy the new possibilities this new game may give us!I am looking forward to whatever news that may be released about MS Flight in the (hopefully) near future. It's going to be an exciting year. Not only because of MS Flight but also because of everything that will be released for FSX. Imho these are the glory days of flight simming: things have never been better and the future has never looked brighter!!! :(
true that...

There's a question from Microsoft's team on Facebook regarding how the community liked the Flight teaser video. If you subscribe to MS Games for Windows LIVE on FB, you should join the discussion. They seem to be responsive to the earlier posts they've made.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

There's a question from Microsoft's team on Facebook regarding how the community liked the Flight teaser video.
I'm not sure why they need to know the answer to a question like that. Presumably they requested an explanation as to why we liked (or didn't like) it? Someone saying that they "liked" it isn't going to provide much useful information. I mean, I "liked" it, but that doesn't mean that I want to fly a Stearman biplane over the ocean in Microsoft Flight.Maybe they want to know if everyone liked the shadows, waves, and sunset effects? If that's the case, does it mean that they will deliver the same graphical quality in Microsoft Flight itself?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.