Sign in to follow this  
TheBFG

Developers who still use multiple vcockpit entries (iFly)

That was the most useful post about the myth floating around here....
I think MythBusters could easily do an entire season about flight simulation...:(

Mike...

Where did you get all those percentage statistics?
Why don't you put up a poll and see for yourself? I've been around here since Avsim started back in 1996. Years of experience, reading various polls, reading forums, the logical ratio of PMDG's stance, and knowing many simmers myself has left me with these numbers. Yes you can plus or minus here and there but at the end of the day I feel you have more FSX/FS9 users than anything else. I had to break it down to where it came out to 100% so this is the route I took (30/40/30). If you get a development house that released either an FSX or FS9 only product first usually (depends on the product and the overwhelming response from simmers) the version released first will do better than the latter version. In plainer English if an FSX release was first people who have both sims installed aren't going to buy the product twice just to have the same product in FS9. The same can go the other way especially with Flight! around the corner.Again Please do a poll and let's see. It's too bad we'll never know how this all will shake out for iFly as no developer releases their sales numbers. We may be in for a surprise as iFly has already broken the current mold by going FS9 first with a release many would say is only possible in FSX. They may share a little with us. Again I'd take it to the bank most dual users aren't going to buy the iFly bird twice just to get it in FSX with the PMDG 737NG around the corner...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Why don't you put up a poll and see for yourself? I've been around here since Avsim started back in 1996. Years of experience and reading the various polls put out the logical ratio of PMDG's stance and know many myself has left me with these numbers. Yes you can plus or minus here or there but at the end of the day I feel you have more FSX/FSX users than anything else out there. I had to break it down to where it came out the 100% so this is the route I took. If you get a house that released either a FSX only or FS9 product first usually (depends on the product and the overwhelming response from simmers) the version released first will do better than the preceding version. In plainer terms if an FSX release was first people who have both sims installed aren't going to by the product twice just to the the FS9 version. The same can go the other way especially with Flight! around the corner.Again Please do a poll and let's see. It's too bad we'll never know how this all will shake out for iFly as no developer released their sales numbers. We may be in for a surprise as iFly has already broken the current mold by going FS9 first with a release many would say is only possible in FSX. They may share a little with us. Again I'd take it to the bank most dual users aren't going to buy the iFly bird twice just to get it in FSX with the PMDG 737NG around the corner...
HelloI think I will buy it again for FSX when it is released especially with the 70% discount.

HelloI think I will buy it again for FSX when it is released especially with the 70% discount.
That's great. Correct me if I'm wrong, your a dual user meaning you have FSX and FS9 on hand either on one machine or two different boxes?I firmly believe we have more dual users than anything.

FS2020 

Hi again,Well, the VC model I'm talking about had very good frame rates (around 40), but the gauges would refresh about 2 times per second. So there was definitely a disconnect between the two. When I combined the 9 VCockpit sections into 2, the frame rate went DOWN to 35, but the gauge refresh rate went up to the point I couldn't see the needles jerk anymore.BTW, I was able to do this because the author very kindly sent me the source code for the VC.

Why don't you put up a poll and see for yourself? I've been around here since Avsim started back in 1996. Years of experience, reading various polls, reading forums, the logical ratio of PMDG's stance, and knowing many simmers myself has left me with these numbers. Yes you can plus or minus here and there but at the end of the day I feel you have more FSX/FS9 users than anything else. I had to break it down to where it came out to 100% so this is the route I took (30/40/30). If you get a development house that released either an FSX or FS9 only product first usually (depends on the product and the overwhelming response from simmers) the version released first will do better than the latter version. In plainer English if an FSX release was first people who have both sims installed aren't going to buy the product twice just to have the same product in FS9. The same can go the other way especially with Flight! around the corner.Again Please do a poll and let's see. It's too bad we'll never know how this all will shake out for iFly as no developer releases their sales numbers. We may be in for a surprise as iFly has already broken the current mold by going FS9 first with a release many would say is only possible in FSX. They may share a little with us. Again I'd take it to the bank most dual users aren't going to buy the iFly bird twice just to get it in FSX with the PMDG 737NG around the corner...
I don't want to do a poll - if you want to prove something feel free to do that poll yourself to support your statements. I'm not out to prove anything - I just wanted to know if you made those statistics yourself or if they come from some valid source or if you at-least did some credible research to get those. Because you've made these yourself based on your own views (and not on any quantitative research from a big enough sample of the FS market), sadly their validity is somewhat reduced.Also in your percentages you have neglected to think about the people who use X-Plane.

I don't want to do a poll - if you want to prove something feel free to do that poll yourself to support your statements. I'm not out to prove anything - I just wanted to know if you made those statistics yourself or if they come from some valid source or if you at-least did some credible research to get those. Because you've made these yourself based on your own views (and not on any quantitative research from a big enough sample of the FS market), sadly their validity is somewhat reduced.Also in your percentages you have neglected to think about the people who use X-Plane.
I'll do a poll... I didn't include X-Plane as we were talking about two add-ons specific to Flight Simulator, iFly's 737 and PMDG's MD11.

FS2020 

Ya know... all of this "the FS9 market still lives" stuff reminds me of all those people who, to this very day, still refuse to believe that Elvis is dead! (he is, by the way... :( )

Ya know... all of this "the FS9 market still lives" stuff reminds me of all those people who, to this very day, still refuse to believe that Elvis is dead! (he is, by the way... :( )
This is a wrong comparison. Look at the number of posts in the Avsim forum only and you will see that is still very much alive.My PC runs FSX good but, every time(every month or so) I try make a flight, I go straight back to FS9. FSX's terrain is no doubt more beautiful and it has more features, but still I can't fly in it. I can't put my finger on it. This never happened with FS2002, I just uninstalled it and never looked back.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

Don't know about about Elvis LOL.gif, but FS9 and the FS9 market still lives for sure!This new Boeing 737NG from iFly is just one amongst many other indicators of this.

This is a wrong comparison. Look at the number of posts in the Avsim forum only and you will see that is still very much alive.My PC runs FSX good but, every time(every month or so) I try make a flight, I go straight back to FS9. FSX's terrain is no doubt more beautiful and it has more features, but still I can't fly in it. I can't put my finger on it. This never happened with FS2002, I just uninstalled it and never looked back.
Read again... I didn't say FS9 is dead... read before you write! :(

Read again... I didn't say FS9 is dead... read before you write! :(
That's true you did't but you implied it. "Don't know about about Elvis LOL.gif, but FS9 and the FS9 market still lives for sure!This new Boeing 737NG from iFly is just one amongst many other indicators of this."And I am not the only one who thought you did.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

That's true you did't but you implied it. "Don't know about about Elvis LOL.gif, but FS9 and the FS9 market still lives for sure!This new Boeing 737NG from iFly is just one amongst many other indicators of this."And I am not the only one who thought you did.
And you (and the other person) just proved the point that people believe what THEY want to believe... not what is the actual truth! :( I implied nothing other than the fact that this whole ridiculous FS9 vs. FSX situation reminds me of the Elvis fans. But as a very defensive FS9 user, you took it upon yourself to assume that I implied something different.. simply because you and so many others are threatened by the eventual demise of FS9 add-on development.I just so happen to have a dedicated FS9 machine sitting right beside my FSX machine. But you wouldn't know that. You ASSUMED that I was an FSX person stating that FS9 was dead.

Oh, no, not another FS9vsFSX thread! Nail%20Biting.gifAll this reminds me something.Now which side is wearing black?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt2D7iSkzV4&feature=fvsr

And you (and the other person) just proved the point that people believe what THEY want to believe... not what is the actual truth! :( I implied nothing other than the fact that this whole ridiculous FS9 vs. FSX situation reminds me of the Elvis fans. But as a very defensive FS9 user, you took it upon yourself to assume that I implied something different.. simply because you and so many others are threatened by the eventual demise of FS9 add-on development.I just so happen to have a dedicated FS9 machine sitting right beside my FSX machine. But you wouldn't know that. You ASSUMED that I was an FSX person stating that FS9 was dead.
So, you did imply it!I didn't take anything personal. I didn't make FS9. Your statement implied that FS9 died as did Elvis and people don't want to believe it. And replied to correct your view that there are people who still prefer FS9 over FSX.As of me being threatened by the demise of FS9, I am not, I welcome a new simulator to replace FS9. Aeoroft's flight simulators or the new Microsoft's can cause the demise of FS9, but not FSX.
Oh, no, not another FS9vsFSX thread! Nail%20Biting.gif
I am not here to discus which is a better simulator. It's a matter of opinion. I like FS9 and others like FSX, good for them. But Iam only replying to his statement that FS9 was dead.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel: