Sign in to follow this  
TheBFG

Developers who still use multiple vcockpit entries (iFly)

Let me clarify why I wrote what I did yesterday before it gets misconstrued further. PMDG has been the benchmark of quality addon aircraft for a number of years. Heck, the 737 was originally developed for FS8, and then ported over to FS9. It was released back in 2003, yet people still people use it as a comparison tool for addons released 2 weeks ago. That does speak very loudly about the quality of their aircraft, but it is a rather unfair comparison though for 2 big reasons. First and foremost is because PMDG's 737 is quite outdated. The second reason is, while the PMDG 737 is quite good in alot of areas, it is also unrealistic in alot of areas. I have read many a posts...especially in the iFly support forum...where people post up a bug' and say PMDG 737 does this, but iFly's 737 doesn't" not realizing that iFly's 737 is modeling the plane realistically whereas PMDG did not.The MD-11 release is a whole other kitten. I do believe that PMDG's marketing analysis of that release is a twisted up mess that is used as an excuse by them. The biggest thing that I look at with that release is that the FSX version was released before the World's economy took a hit from a nuclear warhead whereas the FS9 was released when the stock markets were crashing. People could afford to spend $90 on the FSX version because they weren't losing their house, car, 401K...etc. The next big reason was because the MD-11 is not a popular aircraft in fs9land. Our simworld had already been populated with 3 of every aircraft and the demand for a very lightly used heavy was just not there, but FSX was still a baby with very few quality addon options available...so naturally, FSX users jumped on it. I also firmly believe that PMDG's statement of the FSX JS41 even outsold the FS9 Md-11 is a load of dog poo. Historically, turboprops are the redheaded step child of flightsimland, and I just can't see very many people paying almost $50.00 for one that is so very lightly used around the world. In the real world, there are a total of 17 JS41's registered in the U.S and all under corporate aviation programs...and most of them have been parked for quite some time. Now I know that they are still used in other parts of the World, but that is simply a statistic showing reality. Also, the only reason why PMDG did the JS41 is because Mr. Randazzo used to fly them...not because of demand.Yesterday, I said what I did because, anymore, you cannot open a thread in the fs9 forum without the name PMDG being written somewhere in it. How about, instead of talking about a developer who no longer makes things for our platform, we talk about the few developers that still do. The a really excited user statement was not necissarily directed at you, BFG, but more of a generalization of all the people that can't stop talking about how great PMDG is. And to them I say...if PMDG is so great, go over to their forums and stroke their egos (because their ego isn't big enough already) and stop telling everybody else about them.

So, you did imply it!I didn't take anything personal. I didn't make FS9. Your statement implied that FS9 died as did Elvis and people don't want to believe it. And replied to correct your view that there are people who still prefer FS9 over FSX.As of me being threatened by the demise of FS9, I am not, I welcome a new simulator to replace FS9. Aeoroft's flight simulators or the new Microsoft's can cause the demise of FS9, but not FSX.I am not here to discus which is a better simulator. It's a matter of opinion. I like FS9 and others like FSX, good for them. But Iam only replying to his statement that FS9 was dead.
First you say I implied that FS9 is dead... Now you're saying that I outright stated FS9 was dead! :( :( :( Hello "pot"... my name is "kettle!" B)

Your statement implied that FS9 died as did Elvis and people don't want to believe it.
Now, who can't read?
First you say I implied that FS9 is dead... Now you're saying that I outright stated FS9 was dead! :( :( :( Hello "pot"... my name is "kettle!" B)
Really Mature of you. I think this ends this conversation.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

I'm curious as a prospective buyer.What can this plane do that the PMDG cannot?

Ya know... all of this "the FS9 market still lives" stuff reminds me of all those people who, to this very day, still refuse to believe that Elvis is dead! (he is, by the way... :( )
And then there are ofcourse those who constantly think it is of importance to bring that argument up. Just to point out ....who knows what? :(

Staffan

I just took my first flight in this bird and the framerates were nothing but excellent! Virtual Cockpit was great and the frames could not have been any smoother. As a matter of fact the frames on this baby were much greater than any other payware I own, which is about everything out there. Just my 2 cents
What are your specs?Thanks,Dirk.

Yesterday, I said what I did because, anymore, you cannot open a thread in the fs9 forum without the name PMDG being written somewhere in it. How about, instead of talking about a developer who no longer makes things for our platform, we talk about the few developers that still do. The a really excited user statement was not necissarily directed at you, BFG, but more of a generalization of all the people that can't stop talking about how great PMDG is. And to them I say...if PMDG is so great, go over to their forums and stroke their egos (because their ego isn't big enough already) and stop telling everybody else about them.
Don't make your personal issues our problem. Like I asked you before, and you still haven't answered, what was I supposed to call it then?You have no right whatsoever to tell people what they can and can't discuss on a public forum. I am completely behind your defence of FS9, and yes I'm also ###### at PMDG for dropping it, but what you are requesting amounts to censorship. Don't be ridiculous. Their products are a big part of sim life for most people. You want people to just pretend they don't exist? How about banging the drum for a few more PMDG B744 FS9 sales? I really don't believe that anyone would buy the PMDG 737 over the iFly 737 from this point onwards anyway.

Don't make your personal issues our problem. Like I asked you before, and you still haven't answered, what was I supposed to call it then?You have no right whatsoever to tell people what they can and can't discuss on a public forum. I am completely behind your defence of FS9, and yes I'm also ###### at PMDG for dropping it, but what you are requesting amounts to censorship. Don't be ridiculous. Their products are a big part of sim life for most people. You want people to just pretend they don't exist? How about banging the drum for a few more PMDG B744 FS9 sales? I really don't believe that anyone would buy the PMDG 737 over the iFly 737 from this point onwards anyway.
I'm going to try this again. 'BFG' try this with a target framerate of 90% in FS9 and see if you get better results.[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=19TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=40.000000 TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=60.000000 TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4I'll let you figure out where these settings go. Now, can anyone fly the iFly 737 in and out of FSDT sceneries? With the exception of KLAS I'm always getting CTD's at airports like FSDT's KDFW/KORD. The texture load in combination with the iFly 737 is too much for my machine to handle.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

still refuse to believe that Elvis is dead! (he is, by the way... :( )
Oh no!! the King is alive! Dont tell my wife this!She 'Just Pretends'.. :-)

Now, can anyone fly the iFly 737 in and out of FSDT sceneries? With the exception of KLAS I'm always getting CTD's at airports like FSDT's KDFW/KORD. The texture load in combination with the iFly 737 is too much for my machine to handle.
Dillon, while I haven't had the time yet to fly out of or into FSDT's KORD, I've taken off from it, flown around for a bit and then landed at the same airport. I haven't noticed any problem and while I didn't check my framerates I never felt they are different from, say PMDG747, LevelD, Maddog MD80 or any other highend add-on. I also have ai traffic at 100%.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Dillon, while I haven't had the time yet to fly out of or into FSDT's KORD, I've taken off from it, flown around for a bit and then landed at the same airport. I haven't noticed any problem and while I didn't check my framerates I never felt they are different from, say PMDG747, LevelD, Maddog MD80 or any other highend add-on. I also have ai traffic at 100%.
The performance is quite good and what you did here would cause no problems. You have to fly and actual route say from KMIA to KDFW, then you'll get the CTD. I use Windows XP 32bit (see specs below) and all FSDT sceneries are now off limits if I choose to fly iFly's 737.

FS2020 

Personal issues?? Censorship?? You once again completely missed the point, and because of that, you have resorted to name calling and personal attacks.I'm done with you.Talk%20to%20the%20Hand.gif
The performance is quite good and what you did here would cause no problems. You have to fly and actual route say from KMIA to KDFW, then you'll get the CTD. I use Windows XP 32bit (see specs below) and all FSDT sceneries are now off limits if I choose to fly iFly's 737.
Dillon, I have flown her on routes both into and out of KORD, KDFW, KFLL, and KLAX, and I never had a ctd.

I'm going to try this again. 'BFG' try this with a target framerate of 90% in FS9 and see if you get better results.[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=19TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=40.000000 TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=60.000000 TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4I'll let you figure out where these settings go.
Thanks for the trouble dilloll0. I've probably already spent a year solid tweaking fs9.cfg (like we all do) and it's pretty much sorted. When you say 90%, I take it you mean 90 fps?
I'm done with you.Talk%20to%20the%20Hand.gif
Fab

Dillon, I have flown her on routes both into and out of KORD, KDFW, KFLL, and KLAX, and I never had a ctd.
Were you using FSDT's scenery?
When you say 90%, I take it you mean 90 fps?
Yep, if you have a computer comparable or better than mine. I use Windows XP 32Bit, I can't vouch for performance of other OS's.I had my sim for the longest capped at 25-30fps until one day I decided to try something different on my latest rig. I was surprised to find how much my performance increased.

FS2020