Sign in to follow this  
riccardo74

Which payware GA have G1000 installed?

1) on FPS how it it?
It's very good on frame rates.
2) is certified for WAAS approaches?
No, it isn't. I'm not certain the DA42 is WAAS capable either.
3) on Mindstar site G1000 for Windows 7/Vista in still under beta, is correct?
The way that was explained to me is: "We're making changes and such all the time, so it's just 'in beta'". I have it, and as far as 'beta' goes, it's far more stable than a lot of 'finished' products.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Thanks Warp, so are you happy with it I imagine.I'd like to integrate it in my DA-42 and in the future Eaglesoft Columbia 400, when it will be realesed.But it's very expensive, do you think it's worth?1) can you update via Navigraph?2) and compared with G1000 of Citation Mustang is Mindstar better or equal?Thanks

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Thanks Warp, so are you happy with it I imagine.I'd like to integrate it in my DA-42 and in the future Eaglesoft Columbia 400, when it will be realesed.But it's very expensive, do you think it's worth?
Only you can decide if it's worth it. Absolutely no one else can possibly answer that question. Is it worth it to me? Yes.
1) can you update via Navigraph?
I'm not certain if the beta version is or isn't currently supporting Navigraph updates. If not, it will be soon I suspect.
2) and compared with G1000 of Citation Mustang is Mindstar better or equal?
You can't compare them. The G1000 in the Cessna Mustang is not the same as the G1000 in a DA-42. They have completely different features and displays, etc. Each aircraft's certifications aren't going to be the same either. I personally hate it when people attempt to treat all G1000's as being one and the same. I know the Mindstar Aviation G1000 is used in Redbird trainers as well as it being available for FS9 and FSX. I also know the Mindstar Aviation G1000 supports installation in the 172, the 182, the DA-42 and is configured for each specific aircraft.And while I'm a commercial member... I don't make money from the Mindstar Aviation G1000 (Eaglesoft is where my FS gauges are)... so, don't let my orange forum tag confuse the issue. :(

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

So the guy would know he has got affordable and highly accurate PC-based alternatives outside of FS. Information exchange is one of the purpose of this forum exists, right? This was hardly an off topic comment. I was not sending him to the nearest commercial FBO facility with G1000 FTDs.Second reason - having fun reading predictable and defensive replies from some of the commercial members. LOL.gif

Number one is of course reasonable though it did introduce a bit of confusion to the shall we say uninitiated. Number two is a rather childish retort wrapped in false pretense. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

And while I'm a commercial member... I don't make money from the Mindstar Aviation G1000 (Eaglesoft is where my FS gauges are)... so, don't let my orange forum tag confuse the issue. :(
Thank you very much Warp, it's very kind of you!

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

bt I know Mindtar is 100% (with FSX limitation) like real one counterpart.
Riccardo, where do you get stuff like 100% or 95%, etc?? None of these FS-compatible G1000 is even close to 100% but some may be quite sufficient for your own simulation needs.

Riccardo, where do you get stuff like 100% or 95%, etc?? None of these FS-compatible G1000 is even close to 100% but some may be quite sufficient for your own simulation needs.
You are right Michal, but I tried to compare the basic G1000 with payware one. Real G1000 is 100% obviously. This was only a mine opinion, meaning 100% for flgiht simulation not for real navigation.

Riccardo

Did any one try to install Mindstar's G1000 in IRIS's DA-40?Thanks,Dirk.

Yes, could be very confusing, specially that I said the Garmin's application has nothing to do with FSX. Life can be very confusing too :(

That's not entirely true; take the Reality XP GNS600, it relies on the Garmin Simulator to be installed. I only wish the same applied for the G1000. The Gamin Sim is Faaaarrr Superior to the g1000 in default FSX, mindstar or Carenado put together!

-Chris

Uh guys - G1000 - Turboprop - that's the Flight1 King Air B200. One of the best planes I've ever bought. Yes and it does VNAV.

The G1000 in the C182 is ok, I'm not too convinced by the rest of the plane though... it's ok as a carrier for the Garmin :)

Agood this is an old topic from 2010 that should not have been resurrected. When the OP originally asked the F1 was not around obviously. Ethan, none of the G1000s(F1, Mindstar, or Carenado) in FSX can do VNAV. Flight1 has another professional sim training company where they do have a G1000 that does VNAV; $250 though.

While the F1 doesn't do VNAV it does have the banana arc showing where you'll be level at the altitude selected on your MCP (or whatever it's called). F1 king air is what is get - excellent plane - does about 320 KTAS too!

P.s. I assume you meant the F1 king air wasn't around.... F1 is one of the oldest companies around.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ethan, none of the G1000s(F1, Mindstar, or Carenado) in FSX can do VNAV

Except for the Feelthere Phenom 100 which can do VNAV in cruise and decent only

Yeah but it can't do updatable navdata....  so looks like none meet his criteria... I guess the standalone Flight1 Tech version could.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |