Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

Airplane Beauty Contest

Actually the 747-400LCF on the opening page to PMDG is one ugle bird. It looks like a buzzard. It'll be nice when it gets replaced by a 737-800 this month(hehehehe).

Paul Gugliotta

Definitely the Concorde for me it just has this completely unique form that makes it so different from anything else with its delta wing and its very pointy nose.

No contest. The MD-11Alex Cadle
I couldn't agree more Alex, also the meanest looking aircraft :DJAMMUR

1 - Concorde & 747-8, -4002 - 777-300ER3 - MD-11 & A340-600HGW4 - Antonov 225

I must have a thing for trijets, because my top favorites are: 727-200, L-1011, Tu-154, and MD-11. I've though the 727-200 was the most elegant looking narrow-bodied airplane since childhood. My local airport has several of them in various states of disassembly. Sure wish I had the money and space for one of them. Of the more current aircraft, I think the 757-200 looks almost as good as the 727. And of course Concorde is in a class by itself.

Bart Damons

Asus G72GX C2D 2.53GHz/6GB/GTX 260M 1GB

X-Plane 9.70/FSX

One my of absolute favorites is the United Airlines Boeing 777-200 in the current livery(2004).

Without doubt some of the most beautiful aircraft ever to grace the skies came from good old blighty1) VC 102) Comet3) TridentBut the rest of the world has given us some blinders as well1) 737 100/200 in my mind the best looking plane in existence - even though FLUF was one of it's nicknames2) The mighty L-10113) 777 great to look at and even better to fly on - in my opinion the most comfortable long hauler out there by a long shot, but I've got a trip on the A380 coming up so that may change4) CaravelleKarl

I'm probably the only one who is gonna say this but:1) IL-86, absolutely. And I honestly can't say what it is I like about it, but I find it one of the most beautiful planes there are.KrasAir_Ilyushin_Il-86.jpg2) Goes to the Tupolev 154M. With the huge wings, the slightly different shape of the number 2 engine, it is a different kind of beat. I love it.1156691231_RA-85834_Tupolev-Tu-154_Pulkovo-Aviatio.jpg3) The Boeing 777-200 I also really like. It is a bit fat, but those wings make it very graceful.800px-Elal_b777-200er_4x-ece_arp.jpg4) The Boeing 747. I always loved it, but it's going to 4th place because I only tend to love it when viewed from certain angles.klm.jpg5) Finally, the Boeing 737-200. Always loved the tiny wings and those JT8D engines.b7372klm.jpg

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Great thread. It is hard to pick a fav. I like all the Boeing aircraft. I generally prefer Boeing's over Airbus but that is not to say I don't like the buses. I would have to divide into three categories.1. Boeinga. 747-8i (I love the new raked wingtips)b. 737-800 c. 777-2002. Airbusa. A340-600b. A320c. A3803. Militarya. F-15b. F-18c. C-17

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Without doubt some of the most beautiful aircraft ever to grace the skies came from good old blighty1) VC 102) Comet3) TridentBut the rest of the world has given us some blinders as well1) 737 100/200 in my mind the best looking plane in existence - even though FLUF was one of it's nicknames2) The mighty L-10113) 777 great to look at and even better to fly on - in my opinion the most comfortable long hauler out there by a long shot, but I've got a trip on the A380 coming up so that may change4) CaravelleKarl
Hi Karl,Did you know that the Caravelle borrowed the nose section of the Comet? (That's the only portion of the Comet I liked, by the way but I am partial LOL.gif )BrunoPS : You forgot Concorde ! Shame on you ! :(

For me, it has to be:-Concorde - just sleek beautyVC-10 - just a beautyBA146 - good from any angleP-51 mustang - just looks mean and rightFor the ugliest - well it has to be the super guppy - just doesn't look flyablesgtest1a.jpgJohn Ellison