Sign in to follow this  
RudiJG1

Something's in the air...

Hi chaps,Most Dukes in private ownership are kept immaculate because their owners treasure them. The bakelite-esque traditional yoke and clean panel are something the remaining Duke owners like to keep that way. We see no point in adding beaten-up looking "features" for the sake of it. The character of the Duke is in its shape and relatively luxurious interior for its age, and it was our deliberate policy to reflect that. An intriguing parallel might be going into an antique shop and seeing an immaculate Victorian chest of drawers or armchair, then complaining it didn't have enough scuff marks on it!Regarding field performance the piston B60 is known for its less than brilliant power on the ground, but it is not that slovenly if you go half tanks and put the passengers on a diet.The Turbine Duke will be a different matter. Nothing will hold it back short of anchoring it with lead weights.All the best,Rob Young - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Regarding field performance the piston B60 is known for its less than brilliant power on the ground, but it is not that slovenly if you go half tanks and put the passengers on a diet.The Turbine Duke will be a different matter. Nothing will hold it back short of anchoring it with lead weights.
Hi Rob,I can hardly wait! :(

Bert

Also want to share videos posted over at another siteShe is FAST..!! real fast..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYxNGOpLb9I&feature=player_embeddedShort takeoff and she can climb..!

Thanks for the videos...that second one is fantastic (and the instrument panel and interior look immaculate)!This RealAir release is going to be a blast.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Hi Rob,I can hardly wait! :(
Ditto... this made my day when I saw the forum post! Feel like a kid on Christmas Day!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Regarding field performance the piston B60 is known for its less than brilliant power on the ground, but it is not that slovenly if you go half tanks and put the passengers on a diet.
Well, that explains it. I generally fly with 50 per cent fuel, and the passengers get kicked out before take off!
Short takeoff and she can climb..!
Yes, and did you notice the clean, shiny panel and instruments? No scuff marks or dirt anywhere in sight!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I flew 157JT back in 2008 and the performance was amazing. I'm truly looking forward to a sim version, this is going to be fun.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

.. and the instrument panel and interior look immaculate)!This RealAir release is going to be a blast.
Yeah I also prefer that immaculate look.. I know some want some wear and tear, but I just love the clean immaculate look as in video. Ok a little bit of dust maybe... I personally hope Realair keep it more to the side of the old cockpit. Clean and neat..! I know I will not be disappointed.

Most Dukes in private ownership are kept immaculate because their owners treasure them. The bakelite-esque traditional yoke and clean panel are something the remaining Duke owners like to keep that way. We see no point in adding beaten-up looking "features" for the sake of it. The character of the Duke is in its shape and relatively luxurious interior for its age, and it was our deliberate policy to reflect that. An intriguing parallel might be going into an antique shop and seeing an immaculate Victorian chest of drawers or armchair, then complaining it didn't have enough scuff marks on it!
Fair enough. I can't argue with that. Looking forward to the release of the new model! :(

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I flew 157JT back in 2008 and the performance was amazing. I'm truly looking forward to a sim version, this is going to be fun.
Zane you lucky duck!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Me too excited about this upgraded bird !Found a good website for info: http://www.royalturbine.comEspecially the performance comparison is interesting !
Thanks for the link - some really interesting reading. That landing distance is MAD! 900ft?!? Seriously STOL for the Duke! Check out the link there to the review from Plane and Pilot mag.So when is this rocket available? :(

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Thanks for the link - some really interesting reading. That landing distance is MAD! 900ft?!? Seriously STOL for the Duke!
That is pretty special, not sure what would get my pulse racing faster - the performance or the overhaul cost !!! :( G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

That is pretty special, not sure what would get my pulse racing faster - the performance or the overhaul cost !!! :( G
LOL..!