Sign in to follow this  
curt1

J41 SP2

Hi,I don't think that they will add any functionality to the JS41. But sometimes I have this flickering issue, which makes it almost impossible to finish a flight without going insane. That's even more frustrating if you are flying online. As far as I remember, it was mentioned by PMDG that this flickering will be addressed in a service pack. I was waiting quite some time now, because SP2 was scheduled to be released after the release of the 737 NGX.Well, the 737 was released. One team is working on a 777, another one on the 737. So I think it is appropriate to ask if SP2 was abandoned or not.Regards,Martin

Martin Renner

HiWe will probably not get the new sp 2 to fix the numerous problems with the Jetstream, however I did find that by using Ultamate Defrag does help the flikering problem disapear. But needless to say that you must reload FSX all over again to start a new flight and that is a major setback for such a Great Product. We deserve something better for us prop pilots, yes we are the few and forgotten. What a BUMMER!!!Happy LandingsJohn

PMDG can you not tell us if you are still doing SP2 for the J41. I purchased the product and I would like support for it. Just my 2 cents.Aaron G.

Edited by Flight Sim Geek

I completely agree, Aaron. It would take less than a minute to post "Yes" or "No".

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

No it wouldn't,,, oh wait, that took me less than a minute. I guess you're right Chris :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Yeh, a yes or no is not too much to ask for, been asking for a long time. At least if they say no, we can be contempt with it and enjoy it. Surely PMDG still look into this forum?

-Iain Watson-

Have you ever seen people that just don't like being told what to do? No matter what it is, you say it and they go against it, even if it could save their life. It's called many things but has the same outcome. I've been around here for a while and have even seen it posted (still doesn't make it right, quite childish actually) that "the more you keep on us about it, the more you'll wait" (this was said many times for those awaiting the MD11 advanced tutorial).I think some developers got this from the FBI handbook in negotiating with terrorist, or better put "Not negotiating".The "reasoning" behind it is simple, if you give in to one demand, or order (even request), then you create a frenzy or mindset in people thinking they can say anything and make them snap to attention. This of course is stupid and possibly not accurate in this case, but seeing how they work now for years can say with 100% certainty, that it fits the bill on every single situation I have ever seen.The sadder part is, that not only do you need not mention it for a while to get any sort of response, but my post here will of course burn some egos and probably make them wait even longer just because it's accurate.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

if they say it's coming out after the NGX, and almost 6 months after the NGX is released we still have no word....how exactly is that asking for too much?the communication is bad

Well they were planning on releasing SP2 about 18 months ago (http://forum.avsim.n...ost__p__1759335). Not heard anything about it for a year now so is it any wonder people are asking for it?Andy Lawton
and going on strong towards 2 years now.....
if they say it's coming out after the NGX, and almost 6 months after the NGX is released we still have no word....how exactly is that asking for too much?the communication is bad
well they surely know how to manage the problem...pathetic to have to wait almost 2 years for SP2. geesh they asked that we need to be patient and let them finish teh 737 and then they will get to the JS41.. Well as others already said.. 6 months down the line there is not even an indication that we will ever get this "promised" SP. Edited by bliksimpie

Hi.Perhaps SP2 is already done and there is only a problem with the EULA of this service pack??? So we will "just" have to wait until their lawyer has finished polishing the EULA of the NGX SDK and then will find some time to polish the EULA of SP2? :Whistle:Sorry, but after all the time being quiet and waiting for this SP2, there's only sarcasm left from my side......BTW: I am affected by this flickering issue (for which PMDG apparently already found the reason). Not always, but when it appears it is impossible to finish the flight.

Martin Renner

They clearly have enough time to write long posts about MS Flight and Prepar3D but not enough time to drop a line about SP2.

Edited by pilotjohn

They clearly have enough time to write long posts about MS Flight and Prepar3D but enough time to drop a line about SP2.
In the course of which Randazzo complains about being ignored by MS and LM! Somewhat ironic considering his customers' questions about the JS41 SP2 get the same treatment.Andy Lawton

Surely PMDG still look into this forum?
Maybe they got banned? ^_^Hopefully we get a word about the SP2. Even its a "no" then we have at least a statement

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------