Sign in to follow this  
eurowing

wilco Airbus Evolution released!

Does anybody know if the Evolution upgrade is compatible with the Just Flight Airbus Series - Volume 1? What is the difference between the Wilco Airbus Series 1 and the JustFlight Airbus Series 1? Are they the same product? I'm confused!
As stated they are the same, however, developer updates/upgrades are not always compatible with versions published by 3rd parties. Mainly because their copyright protection schemes may not be the same. So before you buy you should check first!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

The HUD surely improves safety on airliners, the question is: do we, simmers, need it? Who flies here without a panel at all? Not very realistic, is it?
It is infact very realistic as when the pilot is looking outside through the HUDhe too will not see the MIP.All he will see is the outside environment with the info on the HUD.That is the main point of the HUD : eyes in one place, totally focused on flyingand finding that runway.Don't you guys think before you type?

Nope, because.................................................................."It's the wiring,stupid" :(

Does anybody know if the Evolution upgrade is compatible with the Just Flight Airbus Series - Volume 1? What is the difference between the Wilco Airbus Series 1 and the JustFlight Airbus Series 1? Are they the same product? I'm confused!
Just Flight Airbus is for young children and Wilco's Airbus is other people that feel like getting ripped off and frusterated (cant spell).

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

It is infact very realistic as when the pilot is looking outside through the HUDhe too will not see the MIP.All he will see is the outside environment with the info on the HUD.That is the main point of the HUD : eyes in one place, totally focused on flyingand finding that runway.Don't you guys think before you type?
Yes I must agree with this sentiment amid all the fuss over the HUD not working in the VC - it will be interesting to see how the HUD is implemented in the upcoming PMDG 737 NGX release.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Nope, because.................................................................."It's the wiring,stupid" :(
Clearly something I myself did not think about :( But seriously, all that whining about not seeing a panelbut just a HUD makes me want to shout "that is the whole point of the HUD superdupercaptains!"Maybe I just need a simming break.cheersJP.

I'm of the opinion that this latest HUD craze is a bit over rated. Not something I find a lot of value in and would love to see the efforts spent elsewhere, but that's just my 2 cents.

- Aaron

Yes I must agree with this sentiment amid all the fuss over the HUD not working in the VC - it will be interesting to see how the HUD is implemented in the upcoming PMDG 737 NGX release.Bruceb
Well, they are going for the realism.. so, it must be 2d panel/no panel only kinda thing, like Wilco, right? Think, man, think!

The HUD in the 737NGX supposedly appears and operates just like the real thing, and is definitely functional in the VC.

I think this will answer that question!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I think this will answer that question!
Yes, I guess that does answer the question - the way to do things when you spend as much development time as PMDG has on the 737 NGX - but in my view the original observation regarding Wilco's HUD implementation is still valid ie that if you want to fly using the HUD it not being available in the VC is not such a big deal.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

but in my view the original observation regarding Wilco's HUD implementation is still valid ie that if you want to fly using the HUD it not being available in the VC is not such a big deal.
It's not a big deal but it's a good excuse.So, will the NGX have this HUD in 2d/no panel also? Or just in VC?

Has anyone managed to actually get the weather radar working? If so ... was it not working and you did something to make it work (i.e. register a specific dll etc)I've seen Youtube videos and other acknowledgements that it must work in certain circumstances ... just not sure what they are. What lacking instructions are bundled with the product I followed - 2D cockpit ... central pedestal ... flip switch to On = zip, zilch, nada. Just wondering if there's a specific way i need to tilt my head to make it work??Regards,Steve

Regards,

Steve Brayford

Windsor, ON Canada

Delta Virtual Airlines - DVA 2299, Captain 767 Program