Sign in to follow this  
eurowing

wilco Airbus Evolution released!

I tried a full flight today.Managed thrust on ascent is completely broken. After 10,000ft my FMC was supposed to tell the AP to hold 316 knots on the climb to FL360.The speed would go above 300, then drop back down to 270, back up to 300, back down to 270ish.When the plane made a turn, I actually lost altitude.As for managed descent...forget it. Descended way too late, busted all the speed restrictions I setup on the STAR I was flying. I even put in wind data from Active Sky. Didn't matter.This plane is garbage. It's going back to the junkyard where it belongs.I'm grateful I only lost $20. I really really feel sorry for the people who bought the full version.And as for the HUD missing from VC, don't tell me to read Wilco's product page. I read it, and nowhere does it say it specifically DOESN'T work in the VC. More people fly in a VC then 2D panel mode since the last few years that processor speeds have kept increasing (being that FSX is almost dependent on the CPU) and Wilco would have to be stupid to not know their own market and how their customers use the plane.They knew that the majority use the VC, but they chose not to inform this customer base specifically that a feature they paraded in front of their new product with misplaced pride does NOT work unless you step back a few years and restrict yourself to a 2D panel.Sorry, but give me a break. Don't defend Wilco for their poor marketing.

Add me to the list of not pleased.Selling something like this is what drives some individuals to to try before they buy (if ever).....i.e. piracy. I should have waited for some reports before buying.

Add me to the list of not pleased.Selling something like this is what drives some individuals to to try before they buy (if ever).....i.e. piracy. I should have waited for some reports before buying.
Sorry, Pirates neither Try or Buy - They steal!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I really don't know why people are complaining, what did you seriously expect from WILCO?
+1

english is not my first language either. but in the above quote it is never stated that the HUD works in VC. it says that it works in full screen, which means no panel (as shown on their screenshots on the product page), and in 2d cockpit. well that is not VC either. so i do not understand why you people expect it to work in VC? you are just ASSUUUUMING that and now are disappointed. just gotta read the product description. if you don't it's not wilco's fault.
I'm not assuming anything. As in "fullscreen" I I thought it means that it doesn't work in "windowed-mode"! I understand why they wrote it that way.. to mislead people. It's 2011 and if something doesn't work in VC it should be stated. My opinion.

To be fair, if anyone took the time to read the features, in the product info on their site or read the pre release info on this forum, it should be no surprise that textures weren't updated.The only changes mentioned were systems, HUD, and Gauges, and that is what you got. I will admit, the wording about the HUD being available in full screen mode (Which they meant to mean no panel), was a little deceptive. As not many would even think of flying without a panel. It's a little bit disingenuous to be complaining about missing features, that were never promised.
I agree. All the complaints I have read until now were already known to me as not being part of the upgrade.For example, it was known well in advance that the model and texturing wouldn't be updated. And that said, I have never seen any of the problems that are stated here, so it seems that these problems are user-specific.However, I do agree that Wilco should truly have a forum. As it is, Eric is the developer of this upgrade, so any questions should go to him.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Maybe people were in disbelief that textures were not updated at all since they look awful and are probably the easiest thing to make better. I'd buy it in a second if they'd at least touch the VC textures. I also have E.M. update so I see no point at all in buying this upgrade now.

Hi!Do you have a link or can you describe were they are located on Wilco's site? I can't find them. Thanks!Bob..
Sorry that I´ve adivsed you. I didn´t know that they have a new website and there I can´t find them either. On their old one it was quite easy but now. Did you register you there?

I'm having a problem with the FD and AP not working any longer with the evolution upgrade. I might be doing something wrong? Anyone else seen this problem? I have followed the tutorial and the MDCU is properly setup. Thanks.Bob.. :)

I think we all knew what to expect from this upgrade. At least Wilco/Feelthere is delivering. 737,777, 319/20/21, 330, embraer etc.. I don't think there is an airbus product out there that comes close to this version of the 320 in terms of functionality, the Aerosoft bus I have long parked. Unflyable. And I still enjoy their 737 and embaer series. So I hope people will keep on buying Wilco/feelthere products.

The HUD sounded to me like the same functionality as the HUD provided in the Emb135/45 v2 product. Meaning that full-screen (press W) mode in 2-D panel and limited use with main panel showing.Though I didn't expect it to be different than the other products that Wilco/FeelThere produced. They share a great deal of features.

Howard H.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

-Mahatma Gandhi

I've removed the Evolution upgrade and will re-install the deluxe upgrade since un-installing the Evolution upgrade removed all the Feelthere/Wilco Airbuses. :( I have submitted a trouble report to Wilco and hopefully they can offer some help. Bob.. :)

For those that own Eric M's and/or the evolution upgrade - Is it worth buying the Evolution upgrade if I only have the original version from Wilco (acutally own ver1 and ver2). I'm looking for Eric's enhancements/upgrades and see you can no onger purchase it from Eric's site. I'm not interested in the weather radar or HUD.Regards,Bob L

HUD for an airliner? Who needs? I´ll only need it if I´m in a F-16 over Lybia catching some bad guys !So seriously, who needs such a gimmick? I know that the NGX will have it also but I´ll probably never use. HUD is for military flying, or have you ever flown a 737 upside down? :smile:And for wilco: No comment about it. We all knew what kind of stuff they´re making, so it´s useless to complain about.