Sign in to follow this  
eurowing

wilco Airbus Evolution released!

I would like to feel bad for the people that got sucked into this "upgrade" but sorry, I can't. Warned you guys a few times but I just don't know what it takes for some people to listen. When you buy as much FS addons as I have, you know which companies to avoid. Hate to say it but now that they have your money you just gave them the reason why it is easy to make crap software and rip people off. Like stealing candy from a baby. And now they will do it again.
Same here. Pple were warned and more than once.Now, I wonder where wise guy is who complained that we were critizing wilco and that wilco and feeltheirs are so good and all that.Well, now he and the other wilco a really excited user got the chit served on a silver plate. Enjoy! :-)

Well... I couldn't wait and got my copy of Airbus Evolution 1 & 2 bundle (full version not upgrade)... and I must say that I'm impressed...I've just did a little flight from MPTO (Tocumen, Panama) to MROC (Juan Santamaria, Costa Rica)... it's an one hour flight aprox... The flightplan was the following... MPTO FRANCE1A PUDOS UG440 ISEBA PARIT4 MROC... The aircraft was an Airbus A319 IAE with 15000 pounds of fuel...Everything went smooth (intermediate level)... FMGC programming with a FLEX TO temp of 50ºC... FCU settings... everything... The engine start was normal as in previous Airbus version... After taxiing to the runway I applied power to Flex Man and the autothrottle kicked in...I must say that the aircraft is overpowered but still it behaved pretty good... One important thing to mention is that the airplane have some problems following the FD when you use rate 4x... I think that is better to reach TOC at normal speed (same thing applies when reaching TOD)...In cruise you can set rate 4x and nothing bad will happen... NOW... the most important part... the descent... If you have MROC charts (Aivlasoft of FS Commander) you'll see that after ISEBA following PARIT4 arrival you'll see ELTAS - PARRI - ARUMA - ALTOS - TOMAS...ELTAS have a restiction of 21000 or above... PARRI 15000 or above... ARUMA 11500 or above and TOMAS 8000 or above... I set PARRI 15000 hard, ALTOS 9000 hard and TOMAS 8000 hard... For my surprise the vertical navigation followed every restriction set in the FMCG (Woohoo) without setting every waypoint with the respective altitude in the FCU as showed in the chart... The descent was done with an altitude of 4600ft set in the FCU from the TOD and never touched it.... NO MORE +6000ft/min dives or unexplained leveling... Just after PARRI it started a speed reduction as it should... The only problem I've found during descent is that as a consequence of having overpowered engines it's a bit difficult to slow down the aircraft... A bit after TOMAS it captured the LOC and the G/S... I must say that the airplane tracked the ILS very well (half a dot below sometimes)...So as you can see I'm kind of satisfied with this product... :( fsx2011-03-3101-27-47-66.jpgDexter

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

Did you previously have E.M. update?
Yeap and for some reason it didn't worked well after the TOD...

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

i did buy it, too. just haven't had much time to test it yet.does anyone know where to get liveries?

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

i did buy it, too. just haven't had much time to test it yet.does anyone know where to get liveries?
I think it uses the same exterior texture like the old version. You can download them from the wilco website.

What?! Here is what it says on their website:"The HUD is designed to be used in full-screen mode and can be displayed in the 2D cockpit too." Too?! English is not my first language but I understand this as it's in both VC and 2D. But now, no VC? So, are they lying? And I thought it won't be any visual updates. They're are not getting my money and I was one of those people waiting for this update from the second it was announced. Not a chance!
Yeah isn't it great?See, this is why they don't have a forum, so they can pull this kind of crap on their customers and they don't have to answer publicly for it.They can just pick and choose which emails to respond to. And you can't even send an email. You have to fill out THEIR service form.Who knows where it goes.

I just downloaded, installed, and tested the Vol 1 Evolution upgrade pack.I can confirm that NONE of the 2D cockpit/VC textures were upgraded at all.The night textures for the A320 IAE and the A318 are still bugged.The external night textures weren't fixed either, which includes the tail logo light and the bugged light on the fuselage when internal cockpit illumination is turned on.The HUD cannot be used in the Virtual Cockpit.It can be used with limited visibility of the HUD itself in 2D cockpit but they intend for you to fly with it in fullscreen mode. That means all you have is the HUD and that's it. No other gauges, instruments, or cockpit frame showing.Their product page doesn't say it can't be used in the VC[/font]But AFTER you buy their product and read the Evolution manual, it says "Note: The Head-Up Display cannot be used in the virtual cockpit."Thanks for STATING THIS ON YOUR WEBSITE Wilco!They did finally fix the black cockpit windows on external views.The weather radar works but you can't adjust the tilt or the gain. You also can't use the Wx radar when your nav display range is set to 10nm. Only works with 20nm or further.As for the managed descents, I'll have to test that out before I report back.So far, I can't believe I was actually charged for this.And as Wilco doesn't have an official forum (and neither does Feelthere. Feelthere has an unofficial support forum on Avsim but Feelthere had 0% to do with Evolution, so you won't get any help there) the only way to submit any complaints is through Wilco's automated "fill-a-form-out" technical help page.You can't even call Wilco, they have no phone number or address listed anywhere on their site that I could see. No email either.Their return policy on downloaded software is that you can't return downloaded software and thus there is no refund.From their own website:I'm disgusted. I'm beyond disgusted. I can't believe they're making people PAY for this update!And I got suckered into it, mostly because of the Wx Radar and a HUD I believed would work in the VC.Wilco is not receiving one more penny from me. They're just as bad as Airsimmer, and that's saying something.I suggest to everyone reading this that hasn't already bought the Evolution update, STAY AWAY.
We tried to warn you.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

To be fair, if anyone took the time to read the features, in the product info on their site or read the pre release info on this forum, it should be no surprise that textures weren't updated.The only changes mentioned were systems, HUD, and Gauges, and that is what you got. I will admit, the wording about the HUD being available in full screen mode (Which they meant to mean no panel), was a little deceptive. As not many would even think of flying without a panel. It's a little bit disingenuous to be complaining about missing features, that were never promised.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

You may have to adjust PFD brightness, I seem to recall them explaining that in the manual when I first bought Vol 2 some years ago.If you have a mouse with the scroll wheel you can make the screen light up by hovering over the PFD and roll the wheel.
I did try that with no luck. Everything works fine with Airbus Volume 2. After Evoltution upgrade is installed the PDF in the Virtual Cockpit goes black.

You can download them from the wilco website.
Hi!Do you have a link or can you describe were they are located on Wilco's site? I can't find them. Thanks!Bob..

Hi!Do you have a link or can you describe were they are located on Wilco's site? I can't find them. Thanks!Bob..
same here. i looked on their site but no luck.

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

What?! Here is what it says on their website:"The HUD is designed to be used in full-screen mode and can be displayed in the 2D cockpit too." Too?! English is not my first language but I understand this as it's in both VC and 2D. But now, no VC? So, are they lying? And I thought it won't be any visual updates. They're are not getting my money and I was one of those people waiting for this update from the second it was announced. Not a chance!
english is not my first language either. but in the above quote it is never stated that the HUD works in VC. it says that it works in full screen, which means no panel (as shown on their screenshots on the product page), and in 2d cockpit. well that is not VC either. so i do not understand why you people expect it to work in VC? you are just ASSUUUUMING that and now are disappointed. just gotta read the product description. if you don't it's not wilco's fault.

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

Isn't there a load of repaints here at AVSIM? Or better still merge the thing with the Project Airbus models and have lots of repaints and good looking models. biggrin.gif

I really don't know why people are complaining, what did you seriously expect from WILCO?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom