Sign in to follow this  
anthony31

Brisbane airport freeware scenery available now

Hello FlightsimmersFinally got around to converting my old VOZ FS9 models for Brisbane to an FSX version. I've updated a few things (there's been some changes to the airport lately) as well as added a bunch of new models.Ground textures are photoreal 1m per pixel with 30cm per pixel for the GA, domestic, international and logistics aprons with 20cm per pixel for the ground poly runways.The main criteria for this airport is being fast so I've left out a lot of landside stuff. On my 3.14Ghz e8500 I get a 10% reduction in framerates over the default airport which is enough to allow me to fly my LevelD 767 in without having everything grind to a halt.Download (about 114MB in size) from here:http://aussiex.org/f...ports-brisbane/or here:http://www.antsairpl...risbaneV101.exeIf someone would like to add it to the AVSIM file library (or any other free file library) feel free to do so.Here's some screenies so you know what it looks like.973bris1.jpg383bris2.jpg996bris3.jpg497bris4.jpg

www.antsairplanes.com

Looks like a really fast alternative to the payware at Brisbane which, depending on the settings, really can eat a lot of CPU power.Great idea and quality, Anthony. Worth a try. Thanks.

Thanks Anthony, it looks top notch. I appreciate you taking the time to convert it for FSX.

Steve Weeks

And it works with Orbx AU SP4?
Probably. I can't remember if I have SP3 or SP4.

www.antsairplanes.com

Looks awesome Anthony! Any shot this update could be ported back to the FS9 version. :Big Grin:My frame rates are awesome in that sim! :(

Looks awesome Anthony! Any shot this update could be ported back to the FS9 version. Big Grin.gifMy frame rates are awesome in that sim! Just Kidding.gif
Someone is working on it.

www.antsairplanes.com

Wow Anthony that looks great!!!!Like many have said before, this looks like a great alternative to the ORBX version which I already own. I can get a solid 25 to 30 FPS in the ORBX version, but I have to turn the majority of items off in the control panel. I dont mind that so much, but I also have to turn off the ground polys which is one of the best parts of the airport. As soon as I enable the ground polys the performance goes down the tube. I will be downloading your version tomorrow morning and trying it out for sure. If it performs as good as it looks my ORBX YBBN is going in to the recycle bin.BTW, I must ask, do you have or plan on doing an FSX version of YMML as well? Same thing kind of applies to the ORBX one and it doesn't even have ground polys.Thanks for the hard work on YBBN, I am sure a lot of people are going to be VERY happy with this alternative to the ORBX version.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Wow! I think I might uninstall OrbX's YBBN for this, since my performance there is nothing short of terrible.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Finally got a chance to give this a shot today and I must say, well done Anthony!!Performance is great with not a whole lot of visual difference from the ORBX version. I would definitely recommend the freeware version for anyone who struggles with performance with the ORBX version. Now I can only wish that Anthony can do a YSSY and a YMML to go along wiht it :-)

Thank you very much for this Anthony.I just installed the airport, and the frame rates are incredible! Visually the airport is great too. It all blends perfectly with FTX Australia. I don't think I'll be using Orbx YBBN again. Please consider doing this for YSSY, YMML, YPAD too! I'd even pay for those if they performed and looked the way your YBBN does.Regards,Justin

Geez, I went through the images and thought I was looking at real photos. What a nice job!!!!Bob

Before I make a mess of things, before installing this should I set my FTX Central to Default or to AU?

Before I make a mess of things, before installing this should I set my FTX Central to Default or to AU?
Set the control panel to Default FSX then after you install it set it back to AU. Its a good idea to set it to Default anytime you install anything not made by ORBX.Just make sure if you have the ORBX YBBN installed you either uninstall it first or disable it in the scenery.cfg, otherwise have to of the same scenery installed could cause some conflict even if the free one is in a higher layer than the default one.

Thanks Sean! The only time I have questions about such is when I install "OZx" materials. I'm so easily con-flustered.