167 members have voted

1. 1. Wife Vs. Me & FSX - Who wins?

• FSX hands down - fully supportive partner
    • I do ok - the odd Nag about time spent
    • I Cop a lot of grief - its a definite relationship killer
    • I'm in trouble all the time! Cant win
    • Divorce looming!
    • Divorced!
    • What spouse? I'm single - gimmee another Beer!

Geez, she brought home another guy and they were making so much noise I could not hear ATC. Really Pis#### me off. Plus, RC did not give me a very good critique.:( Bob

Mine tends to be ok, but when ive been sat up there for 6 hours or so she has a moan! She tries to get interested and have a go herself but she is more interested in handbags and shoes and going for pizza with the girls, but im ok with that! Great wife really.

Its called Sky HD.My wife watches all the crappy progs on Sky and I play all the crappy games on my consoles/computer.Perfect match.

My wife has been very supportive of my FS hobby, even though she has no interest in it herself. She knows I love aviation, but can never become a real pilot due to medical reasons so she knows FS is what I do to relax and have fun after a hard day as a 911 Dispatcher.For my 50th Birthday, she surprised me with a flight a a Top Gun type school called SkyFighters in Denver where I got to fly a T-34 Mentor. My avatar picture to the left was taken during that flight.As to the expense of things like FS add-ons, I will ask her if it will fit the budget this month. Her usual reply is "Go ahead, you know you are going to buy it anyway."
Today I found out my wife pulled a big surprise on me yesterday. She went ahead and ordered me a set of Saitek rudder pedals for my set up. I have never had rudder pedals before so I am very happy about this surprise! The only thing I have to do now is make sure she doesn't find out I know about her surprise. :(

My previous girlfriend didn't care too much about FS, to be honest. However, I have this habit of putting the people I care about through at least one flight. I mean, hey, if you want to know so much about me, you have to see FS, right? It's only part of a perosn you wat to get to know.So there we were, in the LDS767, ready to embark on a flight from Amsterdam to Stockholm. I could tell she was rather bored during most of the flight, but she defintely liked it when I took out the atlas and watched in amazement as I showed her over what roads, canals and lakes we were flying. The nicest moment, however, was on touch down. The plane rolled over the runway, and finally we exited using the high-speed exits. I turned over to her, and was surprised that she looked at the screen with big eyes, her mouth slightly opened. She then looked at me and said "Wow. That plane actually landed in Stockholm".

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

My previous girlfriend didn't care too much about FS, to be honest. However, I have this habit of putting the people I care about through at least one flight. I mean, hey, if you want to know so much about me, you have to see FS, right? It's only part of a perosn you wat to get to know.So there we were, in the LDS767, ready to embark on a flight from Amsterdam to Stockholm. I could tell she was rather bored during most of the flight, but she defintely liked it when I took out the atlas and watched in amazement as I showed her over what roads, canals and lakes we were flying. The nicest moment, however, was on touch down. The plane rolled over the runway, and finally we exited using the high-speed exits. I turned over to her, and was surprised that she looked at the screen with big eyes, her mouth slightly opened. She then looked at me and said "Wow. That plane actually landed in Stockholm".
:( Brilliant. Don't you just love them!!!

My girlfriend is fully supportive. She never questions when I buy a new addon nor thinks that I spend too much time flying. Guess I am one lucky guy :-)

My wife of 40 yrs has been putting up with FS since my Tandy 1000.When I bought it the guy at Radio Shack talked me into buying the FS program.Been doing it ever since.She is obsessed with her golf game(so am I so I don't FS much during good weather) and plays bridge on computer.Just the opposite of JRMurry above,she says I should take lessons and I tell her it's much safer flying in the basement!One thing she that never seems to register with her is I can't hear what she is saying when I have my headphones on.That is so good!Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

My wife of 40 yrs has been putting up with FS since my Tandy 1000.When I bought it the guy at Radio Shack talked me into buying the FS program.Been doing it ever since.She is obsessed with her golf game(so am I so I don't FS much during good weather) and plays bridge on computer.Just the opposite of JRMurry above,she says I should take lessons and I tell her it's much safer flying in the basement!One thing she that never seems to register with her is I can't hear what she is saying when I have my headphones on.That is so good!Ron
Just for kicks I googled flight sim deaths. There have been quite a few, and lots of injuries too! Be safe simming! :(

Today I found out my wife pulled a big surprise on me yesterday. She went ahead and ordered me a set of Saitek rudder pedals for my set up. I have never had rudder pedals before so I am very happy about this surprise! The only thing I have to do now is make sure she doesn't find out I know about her surprise. :(
What you should do is tell her you've found a bargain on the internet and bought yourself a set of Saitek rudder pedals and that you can't wait til weekend as thats when they'll be delivered -OrCalmly let slip somewhere in conversation that you are giving up flight simming

My wife of 42 years is very supportive of my FS involvement. Not only that, but she prefers me being home on the simulator than away from home and all over the world as it was in my real-world flying days. She always said its also better than running off to the golf course in my off-time. She is often playing her favorite computer games on her computer while I am summing. She also likes how my grandson and I spend time together summing. I couldn't ask for it to be better.

Things were going great until I bought her a Flight Attendant uniform. She thought we were going to play 'dressup', until I told her to read the pre-flight announcement, sit down and buckle up, and get me a drink passing FL 180. She now lives 15 miles away and I get to smoke on the flight deck! :(

Jay

What you should do is tell her you've found a bargain on the internet and bought yourself a set of Saitek rudder pedals and that you can't wait til weekend as thats when they'll be delivered -OrCalmly let slip somewhere in conversation that you are giving up flight simming
I just taking a wild guess here. You are not married, are you? If you were, you would know that joke could be harmful to your health! :(

Well, my wife just continues to prove she loves me (despite myself). After she bought the Saitek pedals for me, my PC went in the dumper. First the mobo started acting up, then the fan seized on my graphics card. I replaced the graphics card with a EVGA GeForce GTX550Ti, then the mobo died altogether. Because I had a Dell XPS that was out of warranty, finding a new mobo for it was problematic.My local computer tech told me about a company called Digital Storm that could build me an all new computer for FS. After building a new computer on their website at a reasonable price, my wife said to go ahead and order it. I think she just wants to see the rudder pedals in action. Here is my new build-Digital Storm Renegade w/ Cooler Master Storm Enforcer case w/ dust protection,Intel Core i5 2500k 3.3 GHz processor overclocked to 3.9 GHz,ASUS P8P67-M PRO mobo, 8GB DDR3 1600MHz memory, 750 watt PSU, 500Gb Western Digital Caviar HD 16 Mb cache, EVGA GeForce GTX 550Ti 1 Gb graphics card, DVD-R 24x/RW/CD-R 48x/RW optical drive, High performance cooling fan, Windows 7 OS,3 year warrantyThe graphics card will be the exact same one I put in the XPS. It is only a month old and Digital Storm built my new computer without it. The card will be installed here.The last month or so have proved that I have a ton of spousal support in my house for FS. Thanks, Hon!