Sign in to follow this  
falcon999

NGX sunset

That's a limitation of having the landing lights on - it still does do that with the lights on unfortunately. No way around it, we tried.
Well that does it for me. I'm not purchasing it now.Just%20Kidding.gif Just amazing work. Really looking forward to this.

Ryan, ... th... tha ... that screenshot.... that screenshot wooowowowowowow wieeee. Awesome, so beautiful, so real! :( :blink:Gues what's my wallpaper on pc and mobile? :(

Cant wait to see the HGS on a 42" LCD!

Eric 

nice wing light effect and sunshine into the engine intake!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Not sure how I missed this screenie to begin with, Nice choice of airline, although Im a bit biased as they have been my employer for 7 years. Love the WJA domination in LAS. I have pictures of 5 WJ NG's sitting together at the gates in LAS.

Here, I'll add to George's shots - some people a while back complained about the font on the HGS - we've fixed it and then some. The HGS symbology is actually now drawn from projected vector shapes, exactly how the real thing works.HGS_font.jpg
Hey Ryan,This is a great picture of the HGS system and an overall great screen capture. I was wondering, was this taken a while back or recently ? The reason I ask is that N1 is annunciated on the FMA but the N1 switch on the MCP is not lit ? Or are these the kind of small things that the wide beta team are supposed to catch ? I hope this also goes to show the people who are impatient for the release that it "ready when it is ready" !! Big%20Grin.gifCheers,Dinshaw Parakh

i would guess that the VNAV button is pressed on the MCP. I highly doubt that there would be a flaw in the AFDS, since they have spent so much time perfecting this.

i would guess that the VNAV button is pressed on the MCP. I highly doubt that there would be a flaw in the AFDS, since they have spent so much time perfecting this.
Hey Paul,Yes, VNAV is selected as VNAV SPD is annunciated on the FMA on the HUD screen. Anytime the aircraft is in a climb with VNAV engaged, the AT mode will always automatically engage in N1 and the light will illuminate on the MCP. I also highly doubt there will be a "flaw" at such a late stage of development, but anything, however small, can slip through a crack. That is why I asked if it was an older screen shot where this "flaw" may not have been rectified as yet.Another thing is that that this could be one of the "failure" items. Maybe the N1 light bulb is fused and hence the switch is not lit. We all know that the FMA is the only "credible" source of information as to what mode the AFDS is in. One would never rely on lights and indications on the MCP, only on what is showing on the FMA. Considering PMDG is programming a revolutionary failures engine, this could be one of those things Big%20Grin.gif. Not really a failure as much as a maintenance issue.Cheers,Dinshaw

MIND-BLOWING AND THEN SOME. you are and have taken this to the next level and beyond.Great work to the WHOLE TEAM.Awesome.

I wish people would stop giving PMDG ideas that they can charge $100+ for the NGX! :(

We all know that the FMA is the only "credible" source of information as to what mode the AFDS is in. One would never rely on lights and indications on the MCP, only on what is showing on the FMA. Considering PMDG is programming a revolutionary failures engine, this could be one of those things Big%20Grin.gif. Not really a failure as much as a maintenance issue.
Or as the Bus drivers tend to say, "know your FMA"... One additional thing though, don't forget a lit MCP button does nowhere indicate an active mode. It merely indicates the mode is deselectable by pressing the button (of course it's active when it's lit, but there are cases when it's active but NOT lit). I somewhat doubt this is the case here but I thought it was worth bringing it up.sig.gif