Sign in to follow this  
kantk2008

Why didn't PMDG make a Center pedestal for the 2D Panel?

Fair enough. But if all previous versions, and i mean all, had had voice recognition, wouldn't you miss it if it had become the way you work with it? The most reasonbable reply to this post would be: I fly with 3d and I'd understand why you prefer 2d. Good luck in getting a 2d panel. End of thread. So please, whenever someone asks for something that isn't part of the way you use the sim, and you don't care, don't tell them to buy another sim. Disclaimer (ill write this on all my posts in this thread): I don't prefer any of the 2. I really don't care but I understand those who prefer one or the other, and so should everybody.
Hey me too. I understand that everyone has a preference, and until NGX came out I preferred 2D too. Andrew Vincent

You're real stubborn, but it is expected from us teenagers, if you want a 'complete' (And it doesn't get more complete than NGX's) go make one yourself, PMDG has more important things to look at.
Yes, they have to look why dome lights doesnt work Rolling%20Eyes.gif Actually, I do not need that 2d TQ, but I support guys that need it. I think that "go make one yourself" argument is more childish than request for 2d TQ regards PS> I'm everything but us teenager :)

You're real stubborn, but it is expected from us teenagers, if you want a 'complete' (And it doesn't get more complete than NGX's) go make one yourself, PMDG has more important things to look at.
umm, yes it can get more complete...if it was as complete as it could be it would have a 2D Center pedestal, and circuit breakers. And telling someone to make them themselves is such an immature thing to say...just what a teenager would say in fact. ;) I would like to hear about the workarounds as well. The simple fact is that PMDG didn't do something that would have literally taken MAX an hour or two to do. Out of the 3-4 year dev period, 1-2 hours is nothing. And having to go to the 3d panel and endure 25-30 seconds of pain just to flip two switches shouldn't happen. Karan.

umm, yes it can get more complete...if it was as complete as it could be it would have a 2D Center pedestal, and circuit breakers. And telling someone to make them themselves is such an immature thing to say...just what a teenager would say in fact. ;) I would like to hear about the workarounds as well. The simple fact is that PMDG didn't do something that would have literally taken MAX an hour or two to do. Out of the 3-4 year dev period, 1-2 hours is nothing. And having to go to the 3d panel and endure 25-30 seconds of pain just to flip two switches shouldn't happen. Karan.
As I said before, and IRDC what you're saying, the Jet works for most of us, we all like it, it's as close as we can get to the real Bird.So you go ahead make a 'Karan NGX' see how far you get with it.Instead of Bashing PMDG's work that they cried out for you, congratulate them, if you can't switch to 3D, get a new computer and stop whining. Jeez.Lots of Love,Jamalje
Yes, they have to look why dome lights doesnt work Rolling%20Eyes.gif I think that "go make one yourself" argument is more childish than request for 2d TQ
Go make your own Dome Lights. PS : Want to see my testosterone?

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Go make your own Dome Lights.PS : Want to see my testosterone?
yea, I can make my own dome lights, but you obviosly cant make your own testosterone :) regards

As I said before, and IRDC what you're saying, the Jet works for most of us, we all like it, it's as close as we can get to the real Bird.So you go ahead make a 'Karan NGX' see how far you get with it.Instead of Bashing PMDG's work that they cried out for you, congratulate them, if you can't switch to 3D, get a new computer and stop whining. Jeez.Lots of Love,Jamalje Go make your own Dome Lights. PS : Want to see my testosterone?
Am I happy with the bird? Yes. Can there be improvements? Yes. I'm not going to turn a blind eye to the problems and I'm going to express my views. I am not going to bow down to the all mighty PMDG. If there are things I don't like about the aircraft, I will say it. IRDC what YOU'RE saying. If you don't like what my OP is about, ignore it and let the thread die instead of bumping it up then. Get a new computer? So that's the ultimate answer to almost every PMDG problem huh? NGX Freezing? Get a new computer. Don't like the incomplete 2D Panel? Make your own plane. Don't like the 3D Panel performance? Get a new computer. Great suggestions. Karan.

I think this thread is about the question "why has the 2D throttle quadrant been left out?" and "will it come back?" The answers that have been given in all the posts have not been satisfied. If it is this disscusion will stop.

It always baffles me why these threads degenerate into a 'us vs them' argument. There are 2 types of people here, 2D and VC flyers. Why the VC crowd constantly bashes the 2D users defies explanation, since it has nothing to do with them. And I don't remember seeing ANY other thread where the 2D pilots went after the VC users. The OP has a legitimate complaint with PMDG, as many others here have verified in numerous posts, and PMDG have yet to respond to any of them in a meaningfull manner. There are many (approx 30% looking at all the threads) users that want/need full 2D panels, especially those using multiple monitors and all the VC ###### in the world aren't going to change that.

Jay

just use EZDOK (and TrackIR5) and you don't need a 2panel view anymore ;-)
Sure... just invest $180 into the simulator to make a basic function functional. I was disappointed with the PMDG response to this issue. They've created many 2D panels in the past with completely appropriate and suitable animations. We all know this release was going to be "ready when it was ready", so I don't see the problem in what would have amounted to AT MOST being a 4-5 day lengthening of the process to complete the 2D panel. I'm actually MORE disappointed that the 2D panels are designed for a 16:9 monitor rather than a 4:3 (or not both). Although the "Recommended" specs state a 16:9 monitor, nowhere in the shopping notes and available documentation does it say that the panels are 16:9 oriented. I run a computer with more horsepower than I can shake a stick at, and it does run the VC fine. I purchased the airplane knowing the throttle quad was missing from 2D, and hearing rumors that the 2D's were 16:9 only. I'm not fussing about it post-purchase that these standard items are not present, but I am expressing disappointment in the hopes that the next iteration of airplane from PMDG takes these concerns into account. -Greg

A surprising omission from PMDG given that the FAA will not accept the use of Virtual in approved Flight Training Devices.(Any component of a display such as instrument or switch, must always appear in a fixed location in the display, hence panning or zooming is not acceptable.)AR

Sure... just invest $180 into the simulator to make a basic function functional.I was disappointed with the PMDG response to this issue. They've created many 2D panels in the past with completely appropriate and suitable animations. We all know this release was going to be "ready when it was ready", so I don't see the problem in what would have amounted to AT MOST being a 4-5 day lengthening of the process to complete the 2D panel.I'm actually MORE disappointed that the 2D panels are designed for a 16:9 monitor rather than a 4:3 (or not both). Although the "Recommended" specs state a 16:9 monitor, nowhere in the shopping notes and available documentation does it say that the panels are 16:9 oriented.I run a computer with more horsepower than I can shake a stick at, and it does run the VC fine. I purchased the airplane knowing the throttle quad was missing from 2D, and hearing rumors that the 2D's were 16:9 only. I'm not fussing about it post-purchase that these standard items are not present, but I am expressing disappointment in the hopes that the next iteration of airplane from PMDG takes these concerns into account.-Greg
I agree, the lack of 2D throttle quad is beyond frustrating. Unless I get a good explanation as to why PMDG intentionally left it out and refuses to consider it in future updates I will be adding this fact to my description of virtual pilots interested in the product and I will be labeling it as LAZY PROGRAMMING!I run a multiple monitor setup, I don't need or want VC. I am a real world airline pilot and I have tried VC, it is not realistic or even feel like it. Multiple monitors running 2D panels is the closest you will get to feeling like you are in a cockpit. PMDG may as well have left out the overhead panel from 2D as well for crypes sakes. I do have the CH throttle quad so I will still be able to start and shutdown engines without going to the keyboard. However, my anger is based on the principle that the PMDG "gods" omit something so basic and even worse, their inattentiveness to their 2D panel customers.My frustrations regarding PMDG have been growing over the last few releases. It's not because the products are bad, they are great models but their business practices are pathetic, I truly feel that they don't care one bit about their customers only about the cash we keep handing over to them. This issue is icing on the cake.

My frustrations regarding PMDG have been growing over the last few releases. It's not because the products are bad, they are great models but their business practices are pathetic, I truly feel that they don't care one bit about their customers only about the cash we keep handing over to them. This issue is icing on the cake.
I bought the 747-400 a couple years ago, then the MD-11 when it came out and now I own the 737-NGX. In all that time I have never had to put in a support ticket for anything. The planes have always worked as expected and anything I had a question about was quickly answered in the forums by the community. Am I happy with their products? You bet! Big%20Grin.gif
I agree, the lack of 2D throttle quad is beyond frustrating. Unless I get a good explanation as to why PMDG intentionally left it out and refuses to consider it in future updates I will be adding this fact to my description of virtual pilots interested in the product and I will be labeling it as LAZY PROGRAMMING.
They have already given you the answer as to why their is no 2d quadrant. They believe the future is in virtual cockpits and are moving away from 2D Panels. Yes they will still support home cockpit builders in future planes but there is no plans to make a 2D throttle panel for the NGX. Just accept it and move on cause all the whining in the world is not going to change this fact.If your unhappy with their business model or feel they are not supportive enough to your needs then stop buying their products, it's as simple as that. I wouldn't mind having a 2d throttle panel but it is not a deal breaker for me. It is very easy to switch to virtual cockpit and access it from there. When I upgrade my system next year I will be using the virtual cockpit exclusively then.The NGX is and incredible product wih a level of detail and in depth systems modeling that has never before been accomplished to this degree. From what I can see 99 percent of the people that buy the NGX are happy with it. Like they say you can't please everyone.

Stop please !!!!! You made me crash my plane !This has to be the greatest first post of all time............and the oscar goes to...........LMAO.gifLMAO.gif
Mate grow up..99.9% of your posts are garbage, nothing to do with the thread, in any way, shape or form...all you do is come into threads and leave pathetic, childish, immature comments that, sorry to tell you, are not funny.Posting to try and stir things up as usual.Your boring now.